Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Discussion, Part the Fourth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

that is not correct. it is you who has made that claim which is inaccurate.

i have ignored it because it's irrelevant and is a line of going nowhere. nothing to do with your claim of me supposebly being caught out by contradictions which hasn't happened. so i will not be answering this specific question as it is not abortion related.

What evidence do you have to support any of what you are saying?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

splinter65 wrote: »
    You’ll have your hands full trying to silence that volume of voices.

You honestly think that many people are will to protest outside GPs and hospitals?if you do then you are in cloud cuckoo land.

Most people see the zealots outside hospitals picketing with rosary etc as nut bags. They are a very small minority fringe group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

i have ignored it because it's irrelevant and is a line of discussion going nowhere. nothing to do with your claim of me supposebly being caught out by contradictions which hasn't happened. so i will not be answering this specific question as it is not abortion related.

That’s very disingenuous, the topic also includes protests and you are against limiting individuals or groups right to protest, except when there is a strike involved.

You have opposing viewpoints depending on the situation. That’s a contradiction.

Same as your view that abortion is wrong, except in cases of rape. Or if it happens abroad.

Very inconsistent viewpoints.

Of course I could be wrong and you do support people’s right to cross a picket.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

presumably it might make at least 1 person see the reality of what they are doing. perhapse an actual protester would be the best to give you an answer however.

Ah yes, cause all these silly women signed up for abortions with no idea what they were getting themselves into and did no research on the procedure whatsoever.
    They probably thought it was the latest beauty treatment lols!

But luckily you’ll be standing nearby on hand to inform them of the ‘reality’ that they’re evil murderers.
    Saving them from themselves, because they don’t know any better and are incapable of making an informed choice about their own medical care.

You and your ilk are modern day saints, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

amcalester wrote: »
    That’s very disingenuous, the topic also includes protests and you are against limiting individuals or groups right to protest, except when there is a strike involved.

You have opposing viewpoints depending on the situation. That’s a contradiction.

Same as your view that abortion is wrong, except in cases of rape. Or if it happens abroad.

the word you are looking for is hypocritical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

eviltwin wrote: »
    So explain to me how an "abortion is murder" placard is of any help to the woman in crisis

i answered that in post 117.

abortion that happens abroad is 100% wrong. i have never stated otherwise.
    SusieBlue wrote: »
    Ah yes, cause all these silly women signed up for abortions with no idea what they were getting themselves into and did no research on the procedure whatsoever.
    They probably thought it was the latest beauty treatment lols!

But luckily you’ll be standing nearby on hand to inform them of the ‘reality’ that they’re evil murderers.
    Saving them from themselves, because they don’t know any better and are incapable of making an informed choice about their own medical care.

You and your ilk are modern day saints, really.

i am not involved in the protests myself. nobody is a saint. however yes i do believe the protesters simply wish to right a wrong and are mostly good people at heart.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Apologies I was under the impression, and I may be remembering it incorrectly, that you supported a woman’s right to travel for the purposes of acquiring an abortion.

But regardless, you say 100% wrong, only you’ll make an exception for rape cases.

Apologies I was under the impression, and I may be remembering it incorrectly, that you supported a woman’s right to travel for the purposes of acquiring an abortion.

But regardless, you say 100% wrong, only you’ll make an exception for rape cases.

no it is FFA cases or where the mother's life is in danger. i separate those out from abortion on demand.

that is not correct. it is you who has made that claim which is inaccurate.

i have ignored it because it's irrelevant and is a line of discussion going nowhere. nothing to do with your claim of me supposebly being caught out by contradictions which hasn't happened. so i will not be answering this specific question as it is not abortion related.

It's very much abortion related, in terms of your posts, but you don't seem to have the answer or don't want to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

perhapse it might make them realise the reality that killing an unborn human being who is healthy, and when the mother's life isn't in danger, is completely wrong and unjustifiable.

So what about a healthy unborn human being who was conceived out of rape, why are you so “welcoming” (in layman’s terms) of a termination in the case of rape?

Why does the scenario of conception differentiate your views on abortion when both mother and unborn are healthy?

Why is the woman who aborts a healthy child conceived out of consensual intercourse a killer, yet the woman who aborts a healthy child out of rape, not a killer?

• Advertisement

i am not involved in the protests myself. nobody is a saint. however yes i do believe the protesters simply wish to right a wrong and are mostly good people at heart.

How totally patronizing.
    The women seeking terminations don’t need the intervention of any soapboxers.
    It’s no ones business except the woman’s and nobody has the authority to determine whether the choice she is making is wrong or right except her.

They should simply live their own lives as they see fit and stop involving themselves in other peoples private business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

perhapse it might make them realise the reality that killing an unborn human being who is healthy, and when the mother's life isn't in danger, is completely wrong and unjustifiable.

You need to understand the difference between your opinion and reality

i answered that in post 117.

Then they would be protesting outside the dail, where the people with the power to "right the wrong" are.

How totally patronizing.
    The women seeking terminations don’t need the intervention of any soapboxers.
    It’s no ones business except the woman’s and nobody has the authority to determine whether the choice she is making is wrong or right except her.

They should simply live their own lives as they see fit and stop involving themselves in other peoples private business.

obviously that is not possible given the life of an unborn human being is being ended, most likely unnecessarily. while such continues to happen there will be people who are opposed to it. that is just how it is

That poster has already clarified that rape isn't a reason for an abortion.

Then they would be protesting outside the dail, where the people with the power to "right the wrong" are.

they can do that as well if that is what they wish to do.

In their opinion, but it's also their opinion that their views take precedence over the health care of everyone else along with their freedom of choice.

The poster in particular has flip flopped numerous times on actually making a decision on "allowing" abortion in rape and incestuous scenarios, for very, very obvious reasons, they are declining to actually commit 100% to a statement.

Yes, seems I got that wrong.

It doesn’t explain his contradictory views on protesting.

perhapse it might make them realise the reality that killing an unborn human being who is healthy, and when the mother's life isn't in danger, is completely wrong and unjustifiable in my opinion

Fixed your post.

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    In their opinion, but it's also their opinion that their views take precedence over the health care of everyone else along with their freedom of choice.

sorry i meant to say in their opinion, i don't agree with it.

they can do that as well if that is what they wish to do.

but why aren't they? because they cant try and impede access if camped outside the dail;)

obviously that is not possible given the life of an unborn human being is being ended, most likely unnecessarily. while such continues to happen there will be people who are opposed to it. that is just how it is

Talk about self righteousness.
    You can oppose it all you want, you just can’t interfere or harass people who choose differently to you.
    They aren’t breaking any laws and are procuring a legal, standard medical procedure.
    That’s just how it is.

If you must protest, which I totally support, do so on O’Connell St, Dáil Éireann or outside your local TD office.
    Leave the women & couples outside maternity hospitals & GP clinics alone.

The fact that you even feel entitled to have a say in other peoples private matters is astounding.

Yes, seems I got that wrong.

It doesn’t explain his contradictory views on protesting.

They have also claimed never to have contradicted themselves in all their posts on boards:eek::eek:

EOTR - if you say "abortion is murder", you're saying that it's the unlawful killing of another human being, correct?

Except abortion is legal and legislated for, with the definition of human being not applying to those who are unborn.

How is it murder? Is it a fact that it's murder (i.e it is defined and set out in the constitution or law that terminating an unborn is murder) or is it your opinion that it is murder?

If it is in fact murder, how come we aren't arresting all of these murderers?

They have also claimed never to have contradicted themselves in all their posts on boards:eek::eek:

I honestly believe that that poster is a very dishonest poster and posts blatant contradictory statements and then when called out on it either refuses to engage or runs away and hides.

but why aren't they? because they cant try and impede access if camped outside the dailwink.png

i wouldn't think that is the reason, assuming they have decided they won't protest outside the dail. i think you would be best putting the questions to someone involved in the protests who could give you a definite answer.

Talk about self righteousness.
    You can oppose it all you want, you just can’t interfere or harass people who choose differently to you.
    They aren’t breaking any laws and are procuring a legal, standard medical procedure.
    That’s just how it is.

If you must protest, which I totally support, do so on O’Connell St, Dáil Éireann or outside your local TD office.
    Leave the women & couples outside maternity hospitals & GP clinics alone.

The fact that you even feel entitled to have a say in other peoples private matters is astounding.

i don't interfere with or harass anyone nor am i involved in the protests. however people who wish to protest an issue will generally protest outside the buildings where the issue they are against is taking place, that is standard protest practice whether one likes it or agrees with it.

i wouldn't think that is the reason, assuming they have decided they won't protest outside the dail. i think you would be best putting the questions to someone involved in the protests who could give you a definite answer.
    But yet you claim they are 100% honest about their intentions? So while not being a protestor you know with certainty their intentions for acting but haven't a clue about their inactions?

But yet you claim they are 100% honest about their intentions? So while not being a protestor you know with certainty their intentions for acting but haven't a clue about their inactions?

yes . as i see it, the majority of people get involved in protest movements for reasons of good. they feel strongly about the issue and want to change things. they care and want to bring about the greater good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭volchitsa

yes . as i see it, the majority of people get involved in protest movements for reasons of good. they feel strongly about the issue and want to change things. they care and want to bring about the greater good.

The white supremacists who wanted to stop black children being allowed into "white" schools in the US would have thought that described them to a T.

Doesn't mean it's true though. What they are doing is as important as why they think they are doing it, and intimidating and demeaning women at a vulnerable moment in their lives makes that a dubious call.

Advertisement