Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BANDSCAN THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

JDxtra wrote: »
    Nice signal and audio.

xGrnFzk.png

And it’s reaching well into Co Louth as well, even with a BBC TX to deal with up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

I did a quick internet check and I found out that Simon Davis was one of the co-founders of Freedom 92. Maybe, as well as some of Paul Wilson's pals, we may get some more ex-Freedom deejays through Simon and Paul Duffy.

Paul Wilson is connected with Mike Doyle, having done some presenting on Mike's Retro FM. They were also both involved with some of the Fun Radio runs, a joint collaboration between mainly oldies-oriented pirates in the last few years.

I wonder which Paul Duffy this is on Easy, Popular name in the radio business and I know a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TheBMG

I wonder which Paul Duffy this is on Easy, Popular name in the radio business and I know a few.

This is the imaging guru Paul Duffy (ex 98/104/Today) who’s currently doing iRadio

Was out and about yesterday and today.

The UK stuff was booming in including BBC Scotland, BBC Devon, BBC Cymru, Capital Wales and Smooth Radio (Glasgow).

Pirates heard were ABC 96, Chill, and the 90s Network (who were fighting a losing battle against a bunch of BBC Radio One signals).

Also heard something that sounded religious on 87.5 .. is the UCB relay still active in Wicklow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sunset11

Easy radio we're on a blank carrier for about 30-minutes also you can hear a humming noise in the background on the blank area

I have noticed also ice radio since they came back haven't been as strong in signal

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Any Easter activity out there today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Max Power 2010

TheBMG wrote: »
    Was out and about yesterday and today.

The UK stuff was booming in including BBC Scotland, BBC Devon, BBC Cymru, Capital Wales and Smooth Radio (Glasgow).

Pirates heard were ABC 96, Chill, and the 90s Network (who were fighting a losing battle against a bunch of BBC Radio One signals).

Also heard something that sounded religious on 87.5 .. is the UCB relay still active in Wicklow?

UCB are still in Wicklow, 87.6 though, mostly a carrier and sporadic output from what I''ve observed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭KildareP

Classic Hits silent since the 6pm news bulletin finished

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Lord Nelson

Antenna wrote: »
    How long ago was 'Easy' last on the air as a pirate station?

Its now on the air every Saturday and Sunday until July 11th (inclusive) with the temporary licence

Some might say they could make much more of an impact if they ran non-stop for 30 days consecutive, as during weekdays listeners might like a musical change from talkshows etc (and we are told to try and take a break from hearing too much of the C word)

I think you'll probably find that doing 15 weekends may be more practical in terms of availability of volunteers who have day jobs and busy lives. Also means you can run with half a dozen people which would'nt otherwise be possible. I agree it's not ideal, you're only beginning to get momentum when it's time to disappear for five days. Seems to be fairly well the norm, Christmas FM appear to be the only ones with the capability so far to run 24/7 with live programs for the full 30 days.
    Still, good to hear something different and hats off to Easy for taking it on in the current climate.

UCB are still in Wicklow, 87.6 though, mostly a carrier and sporadic output from what I''ve observed.

It may be been 87.6 in that case. There was a dead carrier on it later on ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I heard Easy Radio at different stages during the day.

When I heard Paul Ormonde, I recognized his voice. I know him by another name. He has a lot of pirate experience going right back to the 1979. He co-owned DLR, and has turned up on temporary licensed Choice FM. I won't say what else I know about him from more recent years!

I discovered that there are blogs about most of the presenters on East Radio's website. It is indeed Brian Walsh from Galway, and 98FM, Today FM, Radio Nova and Classic Hits. Quite a coup getting him on board!

Shireen Langan from the website:
    Shireen Langan is an international presenter and producer based in Dublin, Ireland. Over her years within the media sector, Shireen has worked within a number of roles including radio and online multimedia presenting and radio, tv and short film production. To date, she has worked with some of the biggest names within the media industry such as Paramount Network, Virgin Media and FM104. Shireen has also recently co-written an eBook which is set to be launch as a published book this year called ‘How To Podcast Like A Radio Presenter’. From this, she co-founded a podcast consultancy business called ‘The World Media Lab’ and is now taking on the role of social media manager and the presenter of the 3-6pm show on ‘Easy Radio’.

I see Mike Doyle was with Radio Dublin and Heartbeat FM during the 1980s.

Damien Farrell, aka Chris Adams, is Easy Radio's Programme Director. He used to be head of 98FM''s Outside Broadcast Unit.

The boss Paul Wilson has also been involved with temporary licensed Autism Radio and currently with Offaly based Eden FM Community Radio.

Any Easter Sunday activity out there?

Any Easter Sunday activity out there?

Easter Sunday in Dublin

87.6 Off Air (Normally Chill FM)
    92.0 Retro FM
    93.2 IceRadio
    94.3 Retro FM
    98.4 90s Network
    99.0 Coast FM ? Not sure if it’s a pirate
    99.5 Retro FM
    103.0 Energy 103
    104.2 Storm NE
    105.2 RetroNow
    105.7 TheBeach

I heard Easy Radio at different stages during the day.

When I heard Paul Ormonde, I recognized his voice. I know him by another name. He has a lot of pirate experience going right back to the 1979. He co-owned DLR, and has turned up on temporary licensed Choice FM. I won't say what else I know about him from more recent years!

I discovered that there are blogs about most of the presenters on East Radio's website. It is indeed Brian Walsh from Galway, and 98FM, Today FM, Radio Nova and Classic Hits. Quite a coup getting him on board!

Shireen Langan from the website:
    Shireen Langan is an international presenter and producer based in Dublin, Ireland. Over her years within the media sector, Shireen has worked within a number of roles including radio and online multimedia presenting and radio, tv and short film production. To date, she has worked with some of the biggest names within the media industry such as Paramount Network, Virgin Media and FM104. Shireen has also recently co-written an eBook which is set to be launch as a published book this year called ‘How To Podcast Like A Radio Presenter’. From this, she co-founded a podcast consultancy business called ‘The World Media Lab’ and is now taking on the role of social media manager and the presenter of the 3-6pm show on ‘Easy Radio’.

I see Mike Doyle was with Radio Dublin and Heartbeat FM during the 1980s.

Damien Farrell, aka Chris Adams, is Easy Radio's Programme Director. He used to be head of 98FM''s Outside Broadcast Unit.

The boss Paul Wilson has also been involved with temporary licensed Autism Radio and currently with Offaly based Eden FM Community Radio.

I see Mike O'Brien was added to the schedule. His pirates included Radio Caroline (Bayside, Sutton - not the offshore one!), Freedom 92FM, Breeze FM and Capital FM (latter a dance pirate in the '00s). He has also had some temporary license experience including Heartbeat FM and his own 90s Network......and its still on the go! Other licensed gigs with CKR, FM104, Radio Nova and Classic Hits 4FM.

• Advertisement

Did anybody notice that Retro FM was on yesterday afternoon (Easter Monday) on 92.0? I think they were on autopilot when I heard them. I don't recall them being on a bank holiday before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Not picking up any pirates at the moment, Ice Radio seem to be off or much weaker this morning. I did hear Chill FM 87.6 yesterday around this time but it’s not on today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Nice signal and audio.

xGrnFzk.png

Is there anywhere i could get a copy of MPXtool would you know?

I wasn't interested when it was available and it's nowhere to be found now, or since it has moved under the Omnia umbrella anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Just a share of a station ahead of its time .Closed about 5 years ago...
    Listen to NRG FM Ger Fenton Show May 13th by NRGFM DUBLIN on #SoundCloud
    https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/Krtew

Hot FM back on 91.0. Signal seems to be improved.

• Advertisement

Very weak on the Naas Road
    820pm

Sunset11 wrote: »
    Very weak on the Naas Road
    820pm

Yes, very weak this evening compared to yesterday.

You would think they just call it a day for sound quality is absolutely rubbish there signal is poor they have no idea how to run a radio station would he not just give up call it a day fk

Hopefully we get a decent pirate station soon!!

Sunset11 wrote: »
    You would think they just call it a day for sound quality is absolutely rubbish there signal is poor they have no idea how to run a radio station would he not just give up call it a day fk

Hopefully we get a decent pirate station soon!!

It will be interesting to see what happens, Dance pirates seem to be in a state of flux now and seemingly in decline, bar the part-time ones like Chill and The Beach, both of which take a more chilled approach to dance music. I'm not sure if ICE Radio is still going or not. The trend seems to be with the oldies pirates, who are largely weekend affairs: Energy Power AM, Retro FM, The 90s Network, ABC 96 and that collective on 94.3! With some of the players from them now involved with temporary license Easy Radio (which itself was a pirate until last year), there could be a bit of a drop in stations or personnel there too.

I was only counting the stations emanating from Dublin, not the ones that come from adjacent counties!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Insidethetent

Weak signal on 99.5 earlier heard in West Dublin, could this be another attempt by Galaxy (renamed KISS) from Wicklow?

Weak signal on 99.5 earlier heard in West Dublin, could this be another attempt by Galaxy (renamed KISS) from Wicklow?

I thought Galaxy (now apparently KISS) was from Kildare.

Fair point, maybe I'm mistaken about the location.

Picking up KISS FM very strong in Lucan area

I’m picking up a test tone signal on 99.5 in Dublin this morning, RDS saying ‘Standby’, Same pattern as Galaxy from Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cq99

Fairly strong in kinnegad

• Advertisement

Signal strength measurements from today (Leixlip, Co. Kildare)....

NDNjjf7.png

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Has Today FM 101.8 had its power upped? When it launched I remember disquiet that it would be lower power than the other Three Rock national services, but it seems on par with the RTE services there.

Stronger then kfm & 4fm hardly Not !

Guys have A ☆☆300-watt professional FM ☆☆☆transmitter now for sale PM me for more info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Cq99 wrote: »
    Guys have A ☆☆300-watt professional FM ☆☆☆transmitter now for sale PM me for more info

I recently wondered how powerful modern transmitters were and price point ? Asking for a friend :pac:

Anyone purchasing this should request complete equipment history I imagine

Report from south Dublin:

When I tuned in at lunchtime, Retro FM was not on 92.0 FM, as it normally would be on a Sunday. As a result, Energy Power AM had its own programming on 1195 kh MW (usually it relays Retro FM's live broadcasts).

I also noticed something curious since this morning. A mixture of oldies was being played on 99.5 FM, but it wasn't relaying Energy Power, as it normally would when it is on over the weekend. There was no ID - just automated music. I heard something similar on Friday evening - a selection of soul music. I have noticed this scenario on 99.5 before occasionally on a weeknight, but never on a Sunday (or Saturday for that matter).

The 94.3 frequency has been quiet all weekend (so far), which is relatively unusual.

EDIT: Update - Later on this afternoon, 99.5 FM was quiet.

FM seems very quiet in Dublin today.

Checked this morning and not much happening.

Anybody any updates?

Anybody any updates?

Hot FM on 91.0, power has been restored in recent days. Briefly heard a carrier on 94.3, seemed same as usual transmission.

From outside of Dublin, I can hear the Kiss FM tests on 99.5 and RetroNow on 105.2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭KildareP

Kiss FM coming in quite well in North Kildare on 99.5, very nice audio.

Beat on 102.0 still sounding like a dodgy 90's era MP3!

Report from south Dublin:

When I tuned in at lunchtime, Retro FM was not on 92.0 FM, as it normally would be on a Sunday. As a result, Energy Power AM had its own programming on 1195 kh MW (usually it relays Retro FM's live broadcasts).

I also noticed something curious since this morning. A mixture of oldies was being played on 99.5 FM, but it wasn't relaying Energy Power, as it normally would when it is on over the weekend. There was no ID - just automated music. I heard something similar on Friday evening - a selection of soul music. I have noticed this scenario on 99.5 before occasionally on a weeknight, but never on a Sunday (or Saturday for that matter).

The 94.3 frequency has been quiet all weekend (so far), which is relatively unusual.

EDIT: Update - Later on this afternoon, 99.5 FM was quiet.

Anybody any updates?
    Hot FM on 91.0, power has been restored in recent days. Briefly heard a carrier on 94.3, seemed same as usual transmission.

From outside of Dublin, I can hear the Kiss FM tests on 99.5 and RetroNow on 105.2.

I did pick up a blank carrier alright on 94.3 at one stage.

Later this evening, as I was driving to yet another nice place for a walk (!), The Beach were back on 105.7 playing music. Later, at about 8:15pm, they had a blank carrier but with full RDS displays.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Robdx

Doing some drop offs today around Kildare picking up KISS FM very strong and very good audio

Anybody know the story with easy on 88.1 ?
    Signal pretty bad when I was out and about earlier. For a temp license it’s ptretty poor form.

Anybody think differently?

charity radio sounds live on 94.3, strong in the city centre

Dublin Bandscan from Liffey Valley

91.0 HOT FM
    93.2 Weak Blank carrier
    94.3 Charity
    98.4 90s Network
    99.5 KISS FM
    103.0 ENERGY
    105.2 RetroNow
    105.7 TheBeach

• Advertisement

99.5 is a relay of energy 1395 medium wave as I drive around the city centre, 90s music is good on 98.4 also

Anybody know the story with easy on 88.1 ?
    Signal pretty bad when I was out and about earlier. For a temp license it’s ptretty poor form.

Anybody think differently?

I'll be in the car later on to see how Easy are getting on; certainly the last few weeks their signal was holding up well and touching into counties Westmeath, Cavan and Louth.

I'll be in the car later on to see how Easy are getting on; certainly the last few weeks their signal was holding up well and touching into counties Westmeath, Cavan and Louth.

Thanks man!

Defo not off three rock I gather. I’m in clontarf but was in Blackrock earlier and signal was dreadful

Thanks man!

Defo not off three rock I gather. I’m in clontarf but was in Blackrock earlier and signal was dreadful

Just to report back; I had them on yesterday in the car and they were getting out well into the Trim area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 behanator

Just to report back; I had them on yesterday in the car and they were getting out well into the Trim area.

Cant imagine Sunshine being happy with this, is this station offering anything new to the dial?

• Advertisement
Advertisement