Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Hull and Dundalk bring home the bacon tonight.... Bohs slipped at home (2-2) , but overall, happy out for once! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

What do peoe think of the following accumulator
    Bohemians
    Shamrock rovers
    Liverpool
    Man city
    Watford
    Celtic
    All to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Barcelona v AC Milan
    It is a massive ask for Barcelona to try and turn this tie around. No team has ever overturned a two-goal first-leg deficit at this level without scoring an away goal, and I think it will be too much for Barcelona on the night. I think Milan will score at the Nou Camp and it will be far too much for Barcelona to recover. Milan to qualify in 90mins at 4/5 looks the best way forward.
    These teams met 4 times in last season's competition with Milan scoring on both visits to the Nou Camp. Barcelona have been far from convincing of late and there defensive record does not leave me confident that they can turn this tie around. They have conceded in 8th of their last 9 league games and 9 of their last 13 home games. They looked jaded and out of ideas in the 1st leg and the two recent Classicos.
    Contrast this with Milan who looks full of confidence. After a difficult start to the season they are on an impressive run, unbeaten in 10 league games (7 wins, 3 draws) and have found the net in their last 4 away games. They impressed me in the first leg and looked very dangerous on the break.
    Milan to qualify in 90mins 4/5 - stats suggest Milan will score and at least 4 goals looks beyond this Barcelona team at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Shane St. wrote: »
    Barcelona v AC Milan
    It is a massive ask for Barcelona to try and turn this tie around. No team has ever overturned a two-goal first-leg deficit at this level without scoring an away goal, and I think it will be too much for Barcelona on the night. I think Milan will score at the Nou Camp and it will be far too much for Barcelona to recover. Milan to qualify in 90mins at 4/5 looks the best way forward.
    These teams met 4 times in last season's competition with Milan scoring on both visits to the Nou Camp. Barcelona have been far from convincing of late and there defensive record does not leave me confident that they can turn this tie around. They have conceded in 8th of their last 9 league games and 9 of their last 13 home games. They looked jaded and out of ideas in the 1st leg and the two recent Classicos.
    Contrast this with Milan who looks full of confidence. After a difficult start to the season they are on an impressive run, unbeaten in 10 league games (7 wins, 3 draws) and have found the net in their last 4 away games. They impressed me in the first leg and looked very dangerous on the break.
    Milan to qualify in 90mins 4/5 - stats suggest Milan will score and at least 4 goals looks beyond this Barcelona team at the moment.

Going with this to end mt bad run.

Save me Shane!!

Bayern Munich v Arsenal
    Only twice in the history of the Champions League knockout stages have an English club overturned a first-leg home defeat, and on those two occasions they suffered only 1-0 defeats. I'm pretty confident Arsenal won't be the third team on this list. With the news that Jack Wilshere has been ruled out of this game I see things being even more difficult that the 1st leg at the Emirates when Arsenal were in truth taking apart by Bayern.
    I like Bayern to keep a clean sheet. Arsenal created very little in the 1st leg and the goal they did score was from a bizarre error from the normally excellent Manuel Neuer. With Wilshere ruled out Arsenal will be losing a lot of their creativity as he was the only players causing Bayern problems in the 1st leg with his driving runs from midfield. Bayern have been very solid at the back of late keeping clean sheets in 6 of their last 8 league games.
    With Frank Ribery ruled out I think Robben will cause lots of problems for Arsenal. Gibbs is only just back from injury and you wonder how he will deal with the tricky Robben who has caused English teams trouble in the Champions league in the past. Robben scored on his last start against Dortmund in the cup and I like the 6/5 for him to find the net here.
    Bayern to win with a clean sheet 5/4 - Shorn of the creativity of Wilshere can see them struggling to create much
    Robben to score anytime 6/5
    Bayern -1 evens Arsenal have to chase the game and I can see it turning ugly for them especially with how they were outclassed in the home leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

FatRat wrote: »
    I hate Lanus because they always let me down. But at the same time I love Lanus. Backing them @4/5 to beat Arsenal tonight.

I just know I'll look back at this decision and remember why I should stop backing them. :pac:

2-0 to Lanus just before half-time! Can't see Lanus conceding so I think I'll back 2-0 and 3-0 final scores to Lanus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

AFC Cup tomorrow (picked up this info elsewhere):

Churchil Brothers - Semen Padang

Foreigners playing for Semen Padang had to stay in Indonesia, didnt get visa for India.
    They cant already win matches away from home in Indonesia so @2.4 for the home win is too good to let go.

Only bet365 has this match afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 2.5 in Simurq vs Qarabag @ 1.50

2 underish teams, I've watched Qarabag a few times and they're pretty bad in attack but they're good at passing the ball around aimlessly.

I've put this in a double with under 4.5 in the Barca game @ 1.95

inforfun wrote: »

Foreigners playing for Semen Padang had to stay in Indonesia, didnt get visa for India.
    They cant already win matches away from home in Indonesia so @2.4 for the home win is too good to let go.

I found it straight away on Paddy Power , 6/5.... Do the odds reflect the fact that they're missing players? Or is it value?

FatRat wrote: »
    I found it straight away on Paddy Power , 6/5.... Do the odds reflect the fact that they're missing players? Or is it value?
    Those are the odds without the missing players. No huge drops in odds according to oddsportal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Have some fun bets for the cup tonight, not here for in play so nothing serious :

Lucky 15 of :
    Longford Town and over 2.5 - 2 - 0 :(
    Bohs V UCD goal line 3.0 - 2 - 2 :D
    Dundalk and over 2.5 - 1 - 0 :(
    Cobh and over 2.5 - Postponed

Good luck!

Anyone know when the Cobh match is rescheduled for?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

BTTS in Shalke vs Galatasaray. This happens in most of Shalkes games and I fancy Gala to break down a less than sturdy Shalke defence tonight. Schalke are on good form though and should have enough to score a goal if/when needed. Taken @ 1.73

Milan to qualify looks the bet with Barca off colour. The value has been cleaned up in this bet so I might back Milan to qualify in 90 minutes at 1.75.

Another bet I like in this game is unders. Milan will adopt the same approach as the san siro and this tactic has worked well in the past from Chelsea and Inter at the Camp Nou against more in form Barca teams. Barca only managed to score 2 at home to lowly Depor at the weekend.
    5 out of Barcas last 6 games have been under 3.5 goals.

Under 3.5 goals is 1.81, under 2.5 is 2.98 and under 1.5 is 7.20 for the speculators amongst us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Packing it in for a while after the Pool Spurs game the other day,Have a birthday bonus from BWIN that I'm going to throw away first.

I'm tempted to go for a 3 or 4/1 shot or maybe do a tenner challenge on some money on shots,Maybe try get it up to a hundred or something.The only time I tried that before I lost at the first hurdle(Surprise surprise!).

Maybe not actually,Just tried depositing with Paypal but "Payments to this merchant are not available from the country where your account is registered."

It's the last method of depositing I've used though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Anyone know when the Cobh match is rescheduled for?

Waterford United FCwaterfordunited
    No decision as yet on a refixed date for tonight's tie, watch this space for details. Next up for the Blues, away to Longford Town Sat 7.30

inforfun wrote: »

2-2 FT
    Crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Drogmal wrote: »

Another bet I like in this game is unders. Milan will adopt the same approach as the san siro and this tactic has worked well in the past from Chelsea and Inter at the Camp Nou against more in form Barca teams. Barca only managed to score 2 at home to lowly Depor at the weekend.
    5 out of Barcas last 6 games have been under 3.5 goals.

Under 3.5 goals is 1.81, under 2.5 is 2.98 and under 1.5 is 7.20 for the speculators amongst us.

On this too, Benfica managed to draw 0-0 at the Camp Nou and Celtic only lost 2-1 with a last minute goal and Milan are stronger than those 2 teams. Plus if Barca concede it'll be the end for them so I think they'll play a bit more carefully than usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Draw at halftime in Milan/Barca game 15/8. Massive price IMO. Barca know they must not concede and I think they will be cautious enough in the first half, similar to what happened in Real /Man U game. Anyway I think the price is too big so I'll be having a bit of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Schalke v Galatasaray
    Over 55 Booking Points 21/20
    A lot riding on this game, first game finished 1-1 with 7 cards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Same as Magher on the Schalke match over 56pts @ 2.38 with SJ.

Schalke have had 5 of their 7 games clear the line and Gala have had 3 of their 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

user2011 wrote: »
    Same as Magher on the Schalke match over 56pts @ 2.38 with SJ.

Schalke have had 5 of their 7 games clear the line and Gala have had 3 of their 7.

Is there any of card index points on B365?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Is there any of card index points on B365?

They have total cards is all i can see.

user2011 wrote: »
    They have total cards is all i can see.

Right.

I'm not familair with the points index, how does it compare to 5.5 cards?

Nothing to do with card bets of course but Huntelaar is out for Schalke.
    This for the ones who were thinking about backing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »

Finished 1-0. Early sending off for Ural ruined it. Only one bet for later. Barca and Brechin double

• Advertisement

Hamrun Spartans vs Qormi seems to be the fixed game of this round in Malta

Gone for Hamrun Spartans @ 2.75 and added Hamrun double chance to a few doubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Milan over 30 booking points 5/6
    Btts Schalke v gala 4/7

50 ret 144

Wanted to bet on over 50 booking pts in Schalke but pp don't allow u combine them unfortunately

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

AC Milan +2 is 6/5 on PP.

Anyone else think that looks quite good? Given Barca weren't able to score against them last time, and will be more desperate (and thus could be more open) this time round?

I backed over 4 corners for Galtasaray @ 7/4

Exact same principal as Valencia last week. This is a team that isn't know for how many corners they get, hence the 7/4 to get 5 or more. But given the circumstances, that they need to score no matter what otherwise they're out, they will be in full on attack mode. I think Schalke will dominate and if schalke score first I think this will 100% come in. Schalke dominating is a good thing for Galatasaray corners imo. Like we saw with Valencia last week, most corner stats go out the window when it comes down to win or lose situation such as this for galatasaray. I'm confident anyway, as you can probably tell.

Sounds like Arsenal aren't bothering at all.. Get on Bayern -1
    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/197209.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

If it says on PP over 20 points, does that mean you would need 2 yellows to win or 3 yellows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

colly_06 wrote: »
    If it says on PP over 20 points, does that mean you would need 2 yellows to win or 3 yellows?

It says OVER, so you'd need more than 2, i.e. 3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

Champions League - Barcelona v AC Milan - Barcelona to win & 3 or 4 total goals in the match - 2.8 (Paddy Power)

It looks to be a great call for the card index bet in the Schalke v Galatasaray match also. Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

colly_06 wrote: »

Yellow = 10
    Red = 25

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Shane St. wrote: »
    Sounds like Arsenal aren't bothering at all.. Get on Bayern -1
    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/197209.html
    Good call. That is a surrender if ever I seen one.

Small stakes on Munich -1 and -2 then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Champions League - Barcelona v AC Milan - Barcelona to win & 3 or 4 total goals in the match - 2.8 (Paddy Power)

It looks to be a great call for the card index bet in the Schalke v Galatasaray match also. Good Luck.

I got on this earlier too think it could be 2 1 or 3 1 to Barca tonight with them going out of the competition.

Backing Schalke straight win too. Mixed the two in a double also for a small bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I guess this is Aftertiming...

...but Cheltenham just saved my Bank!

Now to bet smarter, and not see it dwindle again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

milan +2 looks great to me also but
    milan to qualify looks like a gift at the odds posted
    just convinced barca will concede and that'll be the
    end of it

only seeing 4/6 on milan, looks like i missed the boat there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭El Nino09

Going with Schalke win & Milan + 2

not at all convinced by barca and i think they are there
    for the taking and milan wont give them an inch tonite
    I believe a draw is a real possibility or a very narrow win for barca

went a bit mad

biggest bet on
    milan +2 6/5 (365)
    smaller one on milan and draw at 16/5 (betvictor)

tiny bets on
    milan 1-0 40/1 (betv) draw/milan (betv) 25/1

I might just follow the Rat again tonight with the corners, Gala over 4 @ 7/4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    I might just follow the Rat again tonight with the corners, Gala over 4 @ 7/4!

Where is this bet

greenman09 wrote: »
    Where is this bet

PP!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Interesting to see so many writing off Barca. I'm steering well clear of this match, honestly think its a coin flip. An Italian side with a 2 goal advantage away from home.. Milan will defend for their lives and hope to snatch a cheeky goal on the counter. Barca will pass and pass and pass until they find a gap. All I can say is I hope we're not left talking about a refereeing decision and that Barca at least get an early goal to set it up nicely! I'd love a bit of E.T. & Penalties as a neutral.

IF I had to choose one bet for the match I would stick a sly wager on Barca 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Milan +6 on the corner count evs with skybet.Surely a bit generous?. I know Barca are going to be on it like a car bonnet tonight trying to score goals but 6 corners IS a lot to overturn. They average 6.6 corners at the Nou Camp in the league, not to mention they often play very narrow.

following the rat again

it's 2 from 2 when ive followed so i have to as
    it looks like a good bet
    gala over 4 corners please

better tune out of here till ko or i could be robbed

Interesting to see so many writing off Barca. I'm steering well clear of this match, honestly think its a coin flip. An Italian side with a 2 goal advantage away from home.. Milan will defend for their lives and hope to snatch a cheeky goal on the counter. Barca will pass and pass and pass until they find a gap. All I can say is I hope we're not left talking about a refereeing decision and that Barca at least get an early goal to set it up nicely! I'd love a bit of E.T. & Penalties as a neutral.

IF I had to choose one bet for the match I would stick a sly wager on Barca 2-0

I'm steering clear aswell....

Remembering last year ( albeit a huge lead against a poorer team) but Milan didn't show up in London against Arsenal and could easily have gone out.

I wouldn't be surprised by wither going through so on that basis i'll keep the money in the phoca!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭redarmy

schalka/leeds double...:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement