Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gun attack at Christmas market, Strasbourg.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Sure they’ll say that this terrorist was mentally ill as well, or that he struggled to get a job and snapped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

statesaver wrote: »
    Multiculturalism, coming to a town near you.

#diversityisstrength

I don't want to lump Islam in with multiculturalism as it doesn't seem fair to the other cultures integrating peacefully into our society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Rather surprisingly, haven't see the term 'mental health' issue been used for this incident, you're actually the first as of yet. For this chap who was already very heavily weaponised and on a high-level watchlist.
    I didn't go for mental health on this one, because that would be downplaying the fact that he's a known violent man with previous convictions for violence and was a suspect in a murder before tonight.

Hence "psychopath".

Like I say, none of these incidents have anything to do with immigration policy anyway. It's a bit sad that you would be gleeful at the misdirection of anger towards immigration, when you seem fully aware that even if France closed all the borders tomorrow, these attacks wouldn't stop. It's almost like you don't care about the actual incident itself, so long as the outrage fuels your particular agenda...

Ultimately it's all down to historical racism and internal issues. There's a reason why most of the countries who've seen these attacks have a history of colonisation and slavery, particularly in Africa and the Middle East. And countries without such a legacy, like Ireland, don't see these kinds of attacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭emptyhouse2222

seamus wrote: »
    I didn't go for mental health on this one, because that would be downplaying the fact that he's a known violent man with previous convictions for violence and was a suspect in a murder before tonight.

Hence "psychopath".

Like I say, none of these incidents have anything to do with immigration policy anyway. It's a bit sad that you would be gleeful at the misdirection of anger towards immigration, when you seem fully aware that even if France closed all the borders tomorrow, these attacks wouldn't stop. It's almost like you don't care about the actual incident itself, so long as the outrage fuels your particular agenda...

Ultimately it's all down to historical racism and internal issues. There's a reason why most of the countries who've seen these attacks have a history of colonisation and slavery, particularly in Africa and the Middle East. And countries without such a legacy, like Ireland, don't see these kinds of attacks.

tell that bs to the family of that poor japanese student who had his throat cut from ear to ear up in dundalk
    or have we forgotten that already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Hence "psychopath".

The bit in red what a disgusting post.

The bit in green rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

tell that bs to the family of that poor japanese student who had his throat cut from ear to ear up in dundalk
    or have we forgotten that already
    I know, right? Or that poor lad who got shot outside the pub just minding his own business. Or Garda Jerry McCabe.

It's shockin so it is Joe, just shockin. You'd be afraid to go outside the door at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

What's that supposed to mean?

news-19.jpg

Again, I fail to understand what this - a picture from Birmingham 2 years ago - means in relation to my post that you're replying to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Hence "psychopath".

That was a very quick diagnosis, are you a mental health expert?

Was there no other ideology, political, religious, or socially radicalised belief structure that could have caused it?

Guess going forward based on your twisted agenda, we can simply class anyone who causes 'crime upon the person' as a psychopath. Even before there is a proper assesment, nevermind capture. Ergo reduced sentences for everyone.

Please respect the victims before making an early assesment as the actual cause and nature for this terrible incident, just to benefit your own means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

This thread has the highest questions per square inch in the history of the internet.

BBFAN wrote: »
    Your point is not made by quoting me without quoting the aholes I'm answering to. Shame on you.

Is this allowed on After Hours?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

I have said it before and I will say it again...
    The innocent people murdered tonight did not colonise or enslave or invade anyone.

And calling regular people racists when they are asking questions just pushes regular people to the right,
    I called Brexit and Trump months previous to the elections , and will probably put money on Le Penn after this.

Again, I fail to understand what this - a picture from Birmingham 2 years ago - means in relation to my post that you're replying to.

as i said, tell your long bs spiel to the families of the victims
    have you forgotten Ebba already
    cos i haven't

mod: banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

FFS, no need for that.

I know the above picture will be taken down but this is the reality we are talking about.:(

FFS, no need for that.

I think some people do need to see that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 217 ✭✭Cockford Ollie

This thread has the highest questions per square inch in the history of the internet.

The internet uses metric.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

FFS, no need for that.

There is every need for it, it should never be forgotten about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Your logic is these terrorists are already here killing us, we might might as well invite their friends along too?

How many countries did Sweden colonise?

FFS, no need for that.

sorry snowflake
    thats the reality of islamic terrorism

I know the above picture will be taken down but this is the reality we are talking about.:(

well i'm not taking the pic down sorry
    that child is the same age as my own
    and you can see the breakfast her parents made spilling out on the street
    in the name of tolerance and diversity

fukk that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

The internet uses metric.

Bits and Bytes don't sound very metric to me.
    But what do I know.

imagine that childs parents paying tax to house and feed that "refugee"

sick sick sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

as i said, tell your long bs spiel to the families of the victims
    have you forgotten Ebba already

Ok, you clearly either didn't read or didn't understand my post. None of your responses have addressed what I actually said, so let's leave it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

getting loads of replies too(not from me)

We won't feed the sea lion.

Time to look at Islam and see why it's fostering extremism with brutal atrocities - It's a big religion with many strands but the middle ages version that's taking hold in recent years needs to be outlawed in western democracy there is no place for these views.

Awful tragedy for these people and their families.

Ok, you clearly either didn't read or didn't understand my post. None of your responses have addressed what I actually said, so let's leave it at that.
    you want the truth
    you can't handle the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

sorry snowflake
    thats the reality of islamic terrorism
    well i'm not taking the pic down sorry
    that child is the same age as my own
    and you can see the breakfast her parents made spilling out on the street
    in the name of tolerance and diversity

fukk that

Do you show your kid your online contribution,
    how you're fighting the good fight to keep them safe.

Better than making excuses for the animals and calling people racist.

says the childless terrorist apologist for the millionth time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

To be fair a warning(if it really had to be posted) could have been provided with a link with a heads up to what it was. I doubt her parents want that picture to be seen willy nilly to prove a point on a message boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Mutant z wrote: »
    As usual the do gooders are out in force making excuses for this blatant savagery absolute shame on them.
    Andrew00 wrote: »
    Spot on. It’s almost as if they support these attacks
    Out in force? There was one. And they weren't making any excuses. They were more focused on things being said on the internet than the incident, but they're not wrong about some people also being more focused on saying "religion of peace" etc than on the incident.
    I'm confused, where's all the liberal terrorist apologists to call everyone racist?
    Out in force, according to the above.
    I know, right? Or that poor lad who got shot outside the pub just minding his own business. Or Garda Jerry McCabe.

It's shockin so it is Joe, just shockin. You'd be afraid to go outside the door at night.
    Kinda weird and in bad taste to cite actual incidents and then go from that to saying people are being hysterical.

Some frightening developments in France these few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

May the victims RIP

To be fair a warning(if it really had to be posted) could have been provided with a link with a heads up to what it was. I doubt her parents want that picture to be seen willy nilly to prove a point on a message boards.

that child didn't get a warning, did she

are you concern trolling
    report the post

anyway i have deleted the image and say another prayer for the poor child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I’m an open borders skeptic but I tend to be wary of anti Islamic sentiment at these times, as I have many good Muslim friends. However the Syria refugee intake was far too large and we should try and integrate what we have already.

As well as being an immigration skeptic I’m very much anti US imperialism. It boils my piss that the US allies with Saudi and destabilises the region (along with their UK poodles) to little effect there, and disasterous effect here in Europe.

holy sh1t
    the terrorist of peace is still on the run

do your job macron

4663996-0-image-a-68_1538389457467.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

holy sh1t
    the terrorist of peace is still on the run

do your job macron

4663996-0-image-a-68_1538389457467.jpg

Not getting your post/pics here. Human beings hugging each other.

Am I missing something?

What job should he be doing in that photo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    Not getting your post/pics here. Human beings hugging each other.

Am I missing something?

What job should he be doing in that photo?

Lucy it’s braindead human’s like you that are part of the problem and is the reason Europe is in the mess it is.

If you think there’s nothing wrong with that photo there’s something radically wrong with you

Lucy it’s braindead human’s like you that are part of the problem and is the reason Europe is in the mess it is.

If you think there’s nothing wrong with that photo there’s something radically wrong with you

I asked a question.

Are questions the evidence of brain death in your world view?

If they are,you may be the problem,not me.

I asked a question.

Are questions the evidence of brain death in your world view?

If they are,you may be the problem,not me.

read the previous posts about sealioning

read the previous posts about sealioning

Sealioning? Is that it.? Is that your case?

Sealioning? Is that it.? Is that your case?

What do you mean is that my case???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

One guy flipping the bird the other showing a gangsign, and the french president hugging the half naked guy with a weird smile on his face. No nothing wrong here, perfectly normal behaviour.

One guy flipping the bird the other showing a gangsign, and the french president hugging the half naked guy with a weird smile on his face. No nothing wrong here, perfectly normal behaviour.

While christmas market shooters are gathering grenades and machine guns

What do you mean is that my case???

Do you think I am guilty of Sea-Lioning in this thread?

Or is it more likely that yourself and the likes of Andrew are fitting that definition?

I've asked a question of a post you put up,and since then, I seem to be getting anything but an answer that would help me understand that post,and what conclusions I should draw from that post.

Help me understand !

What am I missing?

Do you think I am guilty of Sea-Lioning in this thread?

Or is it more likely that yourself and the likes of Andrew are fitting that definition?

I've asked a question of a post you put up,and since then, I seem to be getting anything but an answer that would help me understand that post,and what conclusions I should draw from that post.

Help me understand !

What am I missing?

I wouldn.t like to speculate

IT's not that normal,really.! Have you looked at the background of that photo?

Have you ever flipped the bird,or did a gang-sign(teenage/cultural nonsense ), or shared a room with a half naked guy- I bet you have . I bet you can tick some if not all those boxes.I reckon you would hit all those boxes.

We don't have you on camera! Do we?

IT's not that normal,really.! Have you looked at the background of that photo?

Have you ever flipped the bird,or did a gang-sign(teenage/cultural nonsense ), or shared a room with a half naked guy- I bet you have . I bet you can tick some if not all those boxes.I reckon you would hit all those boxes.

We don't have you on camera! Do we?

They still haven.t caught the terrorist of peace
    Schools will be closed
    Germany also on high alert

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

totally off topic post, but I just heard on BBC News in the context of the migrant crisis and people crossing the channel in dinghies, that the English channel is the busiest shipping lane in the world... I wonder how that will work out for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

engiweirdo wrote: »
    My money is on one of those blood thirsty Buddhists.

You mean the ones who are commiting genocide in Myanmar? I know your post is sarcastic but your implication that Buddhists are always peace loving is not true. Sri Lanka also experienced Buddhists violence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

BBFAN wrote: »
    Your point is not made by quoting me without quoting the aholes I'm answering to. Shame on you.

Shame on me? Yet you're the one calling people aholes. Riiiiight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭gw80

Considering the video of macron reprimanding a young French kid for calling him "mac" or so.e such thing it's pretty sickening to see that photo, Did he reprimand that.guy for flipping the bird, Did he ****.

• Advertisement
Advertisement