Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netflix - General discussion & technical queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Watched the first episode of Moses Jones last night
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1276321/
    BBC detective program, its no Luther but worth a watch

Is there a limit to the number of laptops/devices you can use your account on?
    Can I mark shows or films to watch later?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

So far I have watched the following on Netflix

Season 1&2 of Misfits - Great show not what I was expecting at all I thought this would be something like Heroes but its like Shameless with super powers, caught season 3 on 4OD and was not as good as 1st 2 seasons.

Season 1&2 of Dexter - Another brilliant show that I did not get 1st time round totally gripping stuff only complaint is that there is only 2 seasons on Netflix

Ep 1-6 S1 of 24: Never watched 24 1st time round and so far dont see whats the big deal with this show

Food Inc - Documentary about how food is processed in the US was not bad but it could have went so much further , worth a watch though

The Bridge - Documentary about people commiting suicide of San Franciso bridge, got to be honest this bored me totally and turned it half way

All in all very impressed with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Watched Tell No One

Very good French murder mystery

And Dogtooth. Very odd, but intriguing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

which catalogue was tell no one on?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

guapos wrote: »
    Is there a limit to the number of laptops/devices you can use your account on?
    Can I mark shows or films to watch later?
    Thanks.

The FAQ mentions the limit - I can't recall what it is though.
    The queue is is not on the Irish Netflix. USA one only as far as I know. Which is a great omission on the Irish one but I have hope they'll add one in as I often come across stuff I wanna see another time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

campo wrote: »
    Ditto with Ulster Bank just going to have to get the other half to set up her own account and use her PTSB Visa Deit but suppose on plus side will get another month free

Did Netflix actually take the €6.99 from your a/c? Because when I look at my statement online for the last week I can see a POS of €6.99, although it doesn't reflect who it's too. Also, Netflix still working for me as of 11pm last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Did Netflix actually take the €6.99 from your a/c? Because when I look at my statement online for the last week I can see a POS of €6.99, although it doesn't reflect who it's too. Also, Netflix still working for me as of 11pm last night.

Nope they sent me a email " houston we have a problem " basically saying they had a problem debiting my card ( funds were available )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Loving netflix right now, haven't used satellite tv now for a month, using US netflix

campo wrote: »

Nope they sent me a email " houston we have a problem " basically saying they had a problem debiting my card ( funds were available )

Oh, in that case I must be just lucky because the €6.99 is gone from my a/c in ulster bank :)

Strange how that works, but I remember a similiar issue with Microsoft & ulster bank and them stopping payments before.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

which catalogue was tell no one on?

I think it's on both, but HD only on the Irish one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

My subscription has expired :( Thought it was really good and will only get better as time goes on. I'm not renewing my subscription at the moment, but I'll definitely look into it at another stage.

The only think I didnt like was that I found the search function a bit cumbersome. If you could sort movies by top rated, it'd be great. Coming in here for suggestions helps with that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Oh, in that case I must be just lucky because the €6.99 is gone from my a/c in ulster bank :)

Strange how that works, but I remember a similiar issue with Microsoft & ulster bank and them stopping payments before.
    IIRC, there are two types of Visa Debit card offered by Ulster Bank, depending on what type of account you have with them. When they were launched, one could be used pretty much everywhere with no problems, whereas the other was refused initially in a number of online locations. These were gradually sorted over time, but sounds like the exact same situation here if some are being refused and some not.

I don't suggest anyone wade through this thread, but the initial teething problems were discussed in there.

IIRC, there are two types of Visa Debit card offered by Ulster Bank, depending on what type of account you have with them. When they were launched, one could be used pretty much everywhere with no problems, whereas the other was refused initially in a number of online locations. These were gradually sorted over time, but sounds like the exact same situation here if some are being refused and some not.

I don't suggest anyone wade through this thread, but the initial teething problems were discussed in there.

I see, I must have had the free for all one, the only trouble I ever had was with Microsoft, and that was only because it was an "unusual transaction".

Hopefully they get this sorted quick for all the people who are having issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Ditto with UB Visadebit. Don't Netflix test simple things like this before they launch????? Dumb or what.

ps Their Twitter account says UK & Ireland but its @NetflixUK. I DO NOT like this. Smacks of ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Are netflix being selective with what films or choices they have in certain areas? Last night I was over near the Aviva stadium and was watching some of the film True Grit on my ipod. I only got about half an hour in before I went back home to baldoyle. When I got home I went to watch the rest of the film but netflix said the film wasnt available. I tried both Ipod and pc and no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

neris wrote: »
    Are netflix being selective with what films or choices they have in certain areas? Last night I was over near the Aviva stadium and was watching some of the film True Grit on my ipod. I only got about half an hour in before I went back home to baldoyle. When I got home I went to watch the rest of the film but netflix said the film wasnt available. I tried both Ipod and pc and no luck

Yep, more westerns are available on it over Landsdowne direction and more sci fi in the Baldoyle area for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Yep, more westerns are available on it over Landsdowne direction and more sci fi in the Baldoyle area for some reason.
    Don't forget the North sides exclusivity deal for John Singeltons filmography

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Footoo wrote: »
    Don't forget the North sides exclusivity deal for John Singeltons filmography

This just in: Netflix Ranelagh has outbid Stillorgan for the rights to the new season of Arrested Development.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Chimo29

I got netflix and have to say I love it. The content is a little poor but its only starting over here so im sure it'll get better.
    My issue is this though, I bought an LG smart tv and a samsung 3d dvd player.
    LG 42LW650T and Samsung HTD5100 BLURAY HOME CINEMA SYSTEM.

Netflix cannot be got on with either of these units even though they are both smart enabled.
    In the US, the same tv can get Netflix so I rang both LG and Netflix twice and both of them told me it was down to the other. Netflix said they would like their product on everything and have to waitr for LG to release the app in Ireland.
    LG told me almost the exact same thing in reverse. So I rang them both back only to be assures of the same things again. So where do I go from here.

Anyone know why we cant get netflix on almost all smart tv's bar a few high end samsung ones and one LG bluray player. Just seems silly considering what netfilx is and what smart tv's are.

Has anyone had anymore info on this issue with the lack of compatible units to support netfix?

thanks
    chimo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

I have an Irish Netflix account and have access to the Us content through my ps3. I'm just wondering can I do this on the Wii too? And if so, how?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

This just in: Netflix Ranelagh has outbid Stillorgan for the rights to the new season of Arrested Development.

Breaking News: Stillorgan fights back by securing the exclusive worldwide rights of Breaking Bad. Take that Ranelagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This just dropped on my desk..

.. location related jokes are getting old!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Basq wrote: »
    This just dropped on my desk..

.. location related jokes are getting old!

Did someone actuallly take the time to complain about 4 or 5 lame jokes???! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

podge018 wrote: »
    I have an Irish Netflix account and have access to the Us content through my ps3. I'm just wondering can I do this on the Wii too? And if so, how?

I presume changing the DNS on the actual router then it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Did someone actuallly take the time to complain about 4 or 5 lame jokes???! :eek:
    Your observation astounds me! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

wow, netflix, what a **** service, new movies are Men Who Stare At Goats and Kill Bill 2.

lmfao, bit of a joke to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

lmimmfn wrote: »
    wow, netflix, what a **** service, new movies are Men Who Stare At Goats and Kill Bill 2.

Great addition to the thread. Well done you...

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Agreed. on a similar note I went into TK Maxx there the other day and they didn't even have the 2012 Versace spring collection in stock. What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

For me it's not about the movies.. For me netflix will sink or swim by it's tv content.. I love all old tv shows, being able to watch them on demand is great, hopefull alot of the us tv content will be added to the irish netfiix soon, if not Ill stop using the netflix service..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Since when is the quality of movies determined by how new they are?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement