Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - General discussion & technical queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Thanks for the recommendation on Boss watched the first 2 episodes tonight excellent show

It's a shame the Starz Deal comes to an end with Netflix on Feb 28, thats going to be a lot of content dissappearing from US Netflix 2500 programmes/tv shows from what I've read.

Wow that's a huge amount of content. Have they signed any deals since to replace Starz?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

adox wrote: »
    Wow that's a huge amount of content. Have they signed any deals since to replace Starz?

Not that I've read, again it only applies to US netflix, but it is a shame.

The excellent Boss is now available to watch on the US store. Only there for the next 23 days so best get watching it asap, it's by far the best show of the past year.

Thanks for the recommendation on Boss watched the first 2 episodes tonight excellent show

It's a shame the Starz Deal comes to an end with Netflix on Feb 28, thats going to be a lot of content dissappearing from US Netflix 2500 programmes/tv shows from what I've read.

From what I've read it won't all disappear at once but will be phased out over time. Much of the Starz content is listed as not expiring till later in the year. While there's some great content disappearing it does mean that there's an additional 300 or so million to be spent on new content.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

From what I've read it won't all disappear at once but will be phased out over time. Much of the Starz content is listed as not expiring till later in the year. While there's some great content disappearing it does mean that there's an additional 300 or so million to be spent on new content.

fingers crossed for HBO! Will be watching Boss this weekend I think, had not heard of it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Only bothered to get Netflix now. Had a quick look at the selection just in the Irish version and it's definitely worth a measly €6.99 a month. Loads of great 80s movies and modern tv shows will do for me. Plus it has a new documentary called The Interrupters that I have been meaning to watch for ages. Great stuff!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

If I already have an Irish account what is te best way to watch and use the us netflix,can it be done for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

If I already have an Irish account what is te best way to watch and use the us netflix,can it be done for free?
    What are you intending to use ?

PC / laptop
    Smart TV
    Logitech Revue
    Gaming console
    Other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Yeah, all you need is a VPN (basically changes your IP address to one in the States). I'm sure there are free ones out there but I use Witopia ($40 for the year)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

dodzy wrote: »
    What are you intending to use ?

PC / laptop
    Smart TV
    Logitech Revue
    Gaming console
    Other

Laptop mainly and xbox if possible but mainly a laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Laptop mainly and xbox if possible but mainly a laptop
    Checkout unblock-us and playmo. Plent of info here on them, particularly un-blockus. Free trials with both. Enjoy;)

• Advertisement

Signed up today, then changed my DNS settings on the PS3 to access the US version. How do I create an instant netflix queue?

Signed up today, then changed my DNS settings on the PS3 to access the US version. How do I create an instant netflix queue?

Need to set up the account after you change your DNS settings to get the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pretty sure you need a US account.if you want to go to the bother of setting up another account with new email address and a US address, it will work with your Irish cc.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

dodzy wrote: »
    Checkout unblock-us and playmo. Plent of info here on them, particularly un-blockus. Free trials with both. Enjoy;)
    I agree you only need a DNS re-routing service like you say and i have used both but i think Unblock-us is probably the best.
    http://www.unblock-us.com/?v=2
    Your speed is not affected at all and when you have set it up you are automatically connected to the American netflix site.Pandora is available too which is a great source for music.Works out at €3.80 a month for Unblock-us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Only bothered to get Netflix now. Had a quick look at the selection just in the Irish version and it's definitely worth a measly €6.99 a month. Loads of great 80s movies and modern tv shows will do for me. Plus it has a new documentary called The Interrupters that I have been meaning to watch for ages. Great stuff!!!!!!!!!
    Watched it a few days ago. Very good docu IMO.

Minding my nephews last night and they watched half the power rangers movie, a Garfield cartoon film, spongebob & super Mario bros episodes. I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of sky altogether, and just going with a freesat box & Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Just wondering if anybody has used Unblock US on a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player?

Just set up the free trail on my laptop and it works a treat, but would like to set it up to watch on my TV. And as my TV does not support Netflix natively, I use the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.

The Unblock US set up page for WD devices says that it will not work with devices bought outside the US, but I am sure I have heard of folks who have it working on UK bought WD Live Devices.

TIA for all responses

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Watching Brotherhood at the moment, well worth checking out.

"This award-winning series tells the story of two working-class, Irish-American brothers -- self-important politician Tommy Caffee and mobster Michael -- whose divergent personalities make it hard to remember that they are family".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Just wondering if anybody has used Unblock US on a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player?

Just set up the free trail on my laptop and it works a treat, but would like to set it up to watch on my TV. And as my TV does not support Netflix natively, I use the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.

The Unblock US set up page for WD devices says that it will not work with devices bought outside the US, but I am sure I have heard of folks who have it working on UK bought WD Live Devices.

TIA for all responses

Answered my own question. Yes it does indeed work with my WD Live Streaming Media Player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Any tried it with Internet enabled TVs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Bumble32 wrote: »
    Watching Brotherhood at the moment, well worth checking out.

"This award-winning series tells the story of two working-class, Irish-American brothers -- self-important politician Tommy Caffee and mobster Michael -- whose divergent personalities make it hard to remember that they are family".

Loving this - TV3 aired the pilot and then stopped for some reason. Great that Netflix has the three seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Any tried it with Internet enabled TVs?

Working & Looking great on my new LED TV - Samsung D7000 :D

DominoDub wrote: »
    Working & Looking great on my new LED TV - Samsung D7000 :D
    How is it setup?

Connect to Internet--->Update Firmware--->Select Netflix(?)--->Press play?

Are you limited to Irish Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Retro Police

I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of sky altogether, and just going with a freesat box & Netflix.

I'm in the process of doing just that.

I was a bit worried before the trial period that my internet connection wouldn't be up to scratch but it's working perfectly. I'm fairly happy with the content. Working my way through 'Breaking Bad' and 'Damages' at the moment. If I can get access to the US version with a vpn, everything is even better. The cost pales in comparison to my current sky package.

€7 a month?Great value in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

is it the procedure the same for us netflix on the xbox360?

i already have it working on the ps3

M cebee wrote: »
    is it the procedure the same for us netflix on the xbox360?

i already have it working on the ps3
    5 second google...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Smart arse! Often its better to get direct advise from some who has "been there seen that done that" than search endless posts. Boards is about helping each other. Get a grip!!!! GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just set up a us account so I can queue stuff. Should I delete my Irish account now as I dont want to be billed twice each month on my cc?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

I can't wait to get it!

I've never heard of ROBOCOP 3?!?!?

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I can't wait to get it!

I've never heard of ROBOCOP 3?!?!?

:confused:

Its not very good, even though he gets a jet pack :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement