Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - General discussion & technical queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

adox wrote: »
    You can reverse the setting just as easily.

The US Netflix site has an absolute huge catalogue of TV shows.

Thanks for the reply, Ill try it after dinner..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    thanks for the reply,, Ive seen you can change your settings on the ps3 to get the us netflix, but Im worried that once I change the settings, that I won't be able to change them back..

No need to worry as you can change between them as often as you want. The tv show selection on US Netflix is stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

If you have an Irish Netflix account and change the DNS settings on an Xbox is that enough to access the US Netflix or do you need a US account? What settings are people using for the Xbox? Will any public DNS work or does it have to be a specific setting?

Apologies if this has already been answered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

krudler wrote: »
    if you have a ps3 then get the us one, its way better.

Its probably been asked many times already,but how do you get the US version on the PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Kamjana wrote: »
    Its probably been asked many times already,but how do you get the US version on the PS3?

http://playmo.tv/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

markc1184 wrote: »
    If you have an Irish Netflix account and change the DNS settings on an Xbox is that enough to access the US Netflix or do you need a US account? What settings are people using for the Xbox? Will any public DNS work or does it have to be a specific setting?

Apologies if this has already been answered.

Give this a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Google Unblock US or Playmo tv and follow their instructions on their sites. A two minute job at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

thanks for the reply,, Ive seen you can change your settings on the ps3 to get the us netflix, but Im worried that once I change the settings, that I won't be able to change them back..

it takes about 5 seconds, I do it a few times a day to watch stuff on the eu and us ones.

you dont even need the playmo or unblock-us method, just go into your internet connection settings on the ps3, manually change the dns primary server to 208.122.23.22 and the secondary to 208.122.23.23, save, bam, done.

it takes about 5 seconds, I do it a few times a day to watch stuff on the eu and us ones.

is your internet connection to ps3 wired or wireless, Im wired up to modem, so finding it tricky to do..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

is your internet connection to ps3 wired or wireless, Im wired up to modem, so finding it tricky to do..

The quality on the wired method is much better than the initial wireless quality I had from UPC 25mb.

you dont even need the playmo or unblock-us method, just go into your internet connection settings on the ps3, manually change the dns primary server to 208.122.23.22 and the secondary to 208.122.23.23, save, bam, done.

Happy days i got it working,i didn't realise it was so easy,a lot better selection TV shows on alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Whats all this then gents? Access to US netflix??? How do i do it? I've just paid for my first full month of netflix since my free trial ran out! I like it a lot I must say!

Happy days i got it working,i didn't realise it was so easy,a lot better selection TV shows on alright.

is your ps3 wireless connection ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Is anyone else having issues getting Netflix to accept their payment? They emailed me saying the payment hasn't gone through, but I know there's money in my account. I used a VISA debit, has anyone else used one of those to pay?

is your ps3 wireless connection ??

Yeah it is

got it working.. holy ****.. some amount of content.. thanks ..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Basq wrote: »
    3 seasons of Parks and Recreations on US Netflix..

.. get to it!

Watched the first episode a few weeks ago. Didn't really grab me, seemed too much like The US Office (same guy behind it too i think) but not as funny. Have heard it improves as it goes on though. Watched first season of Its Always Sunny.... really liked it!

Over 800 posts and most are posters asking how to get access to US Netflix. This is why I started a separate thread for recommending shows/films a week ago, which was closed straight away. The recommendations in this thread are getting lost in a sea of the same old question.

Over 800 posts and most are posters asking how to get access to US Netflix. This is why I started a separate thread for recommending shows/films a week ago, which was closed straight away. The recommendations in this thread are getting lost in a sea of the same old question.

wallander on the uk and Irish netflick.. excellent police drama,

• Advertisement

got it working.. holy ****.. some amount of content.. thanks ..

its nearly worth buying a ps3 just for it, given the amount of money you'd save on dvd boxsets

wallander on the uk and Irish netflick.. excellent police drama,

Darko recommended Boss somewhere in this thread and it's really good. It's on US Netflix but only until the 24th of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

its nearly worth buying a ps3 just for it, given the amount of money you'd save on dvd boxsets

One of my mates did just for that reason and new stuff that isnt on dvd like Boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Basq wrote: »
    Give this a shot!

Thanks for that. Worked no problem!

so true.. to buy all the star treks, x files, and other tv shows would cost a fortune, and it also saves on space, having tons of dvds in an apartment takes up a lot of space,,

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Watched the first episode a few weeks ago. Didn't really grab me, seemed too much like The US Office (same guy behind it too i think) but not as funny. Have heard it improves as it goes on though. Watched first season of Its Always Sunny.... really liked it!
    The first series is bleh.. and I downright loathed the first episode!

But from about mid-way through the second series, it becomes something really special.

One of the funniest comedies on network TV right now IMO... even better than 'Community' (and I don't say that lightly).

PS - 'Always Sunny' is excellent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

I'm refusing to use the workaround to get us Netflix partly because we shouldn't have to! But I do understand that they have to work out deals bit by not to show more here and it's gonna cost them more money in deals to show more. Theyre not likely to do that if people are not signed up to Irish Netflix. Of course that's only be the case if most people that used the workaround signed up with us Netflix. If you sign up for the Irish one but use the workaround, the customer figures for Ireland are still there.

I'm happy with the Irish one for now. There's already more on it. I prefer the catalogue layout on my tablet application though. Much easier to get a better idea of the collection than on pc.
    There's quite a bit I wanna see but it'd be great to have star trek, the x files etc. if content doesn't actually move much though, in time I'd get bored!

As for payment issues some ask about: ulster bank and other members of the rbs group are having issues with Netflix and visa debit.

so true.. to buy all the star treks, x files, and other tv shows would cost a fortune, and it also saves on space, having tons of dvds in an apartment takes up a lot of space,,

I got rid of about 70% of my dvd collection and the majority of it is on netflix anyway, and in better quality a lot of the time, save for some weird aspect ratio guff on some movies, still so much better being able to click and play instead of sitting in front of my dvd shelf wandering what to watch :pac:

I wonder how long before sky and murdoch starts complaining about us being able to access the american content.. netflix won't care, because we are still paying for the Irish version..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

I got rid of about 70% of my dvd collection and the majority of it is on netflix anyway, and in better quality a lot of the time, save for some weird aspect ratio guff on some movies, still so much better being able to click and play instead of sitting in front of my dvd shelf wandering what to watch :pac:

i was considering doing this too, i have about 3,000 dvd's and boxsets, i just couldn't do it as i hate to throw stuff out, i just have netflix as a complimentary piece

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement