Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

21-03-2019, 14:41   #151
Bob Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacklebox View Post
He'll get a few belts along the way, looks like he's not going to be a lightweight by my observation
He looks a bit of a lightweight drinker. Couldn't even finish a glass of Guinness.
Advertisement
21-03-2019, 14:42   #152
Tacklebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Harris View Post
He looks a bit of a lightweight drinker. Couldn't even finish a glass of Guinness.
Probably absolutely black ribena with cream on top....
21-03-2019, 14:43   #153
corks finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkiernan View Post
Have you seen the video going round of the 4 year old child being forced to drink Guinness and practise bare knuckle fighting?

Jaysus.

What hope do these kids have?

And what will decent folk do when the next generation of bosses come to power?
Kids have no hope- wheres social services
21-03-2019, 14:47   #154
S_D

Suprised John connors hasnt come out publicly calling everyone a racist for everyones uproar on this lol
(2) thanks from:
21-03-2019, 15:18   #155
Paddy Cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Bee View Post
Travelers should have been forcibly settled in the period between the founding of the state and our joining of the EEC.
Most of them have voluntarily settled into houses but still want to keep the Traveller tag to get all the freebies.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-03-2019, 15:22   #156
end of the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaltynuts View Post
Just when you thought you seen it all with this crew a video like this comes along.Confirms even more they're the scum of the Earth and need to be wiped from the face of the planet.
they don't need to be wiped from the face of the earth and they won't be. you will need to get over that fact and keep the old fantasies to yourself.
the video only proves that the father of the child is a scumbag, not the traveling community as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayto lover View Post
I wonder what the views of Tubridy, Miriam O’Callaghan, Dr. Ciara Kelly and the rest of the media who stand up for Travellers and put down anyone with with an opposing view actually think of this video?
My guess is that they’d turn a blind eye and totally ignore it’s existence as it wouldn’t suit their agenda.
I’d love to see a family like this moving in next door to each of them.
perhapse you could get in contact with them and ask them, and let us know their response? no point in constantly asking what particular individuals think about something when they aren't going to come on here and answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Bee View Post
Travelers should have been forcibly settled in the period between the founding of the state and our joining of the EEC.
that would not have been possible. there are no methods which could have achieved this.
travelers themselves going off the road which is actually happening slowly but surely is the best and only option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattressRick View Post
Has that mouth from pavee point come out to condemn the video?
He surfaces when travellers feel even slightly offended but doubtful he'll want to talk about this.
he surfaces when there are genuine issues effecting the community which is what the organization he represents deals with. he has no specific need to comment on the video. in fact if he did, i'd reccan people would be complaining that he didn't say whatever specific thing they would want him to say. so given he probably couldn't win either way, then staying out of it is probably the best option.
21-03-2019, 15:32   #157
Strawberry Milkshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by end of the road View Post
they don't need to be wiped from the face of the earth and they won't be. you will need to get over that fact and keep the old fantasies to yourself.
the video only proves that the father of the child is a scumbag, not the traveling community as a whole.

perhapse you could get in contact with them and ask them, and let us know their response? no point in constantly asking what particular individuals think about something when they aren't going to come on here and answer.

that would not have been possible. there are no methods which could have achieved this.
travelers themselves going off the road which is actually happening slowly but surely is the best and only option.

he surfaces when there are genuine issues effecting the community which is what the organization he represents deals with. he has no specific need to comment on the video. in fact if he did, i'd reccan people would be complaining that he didn't say whatever specific thing they would want him to say. so given he probably couldn't win either way, then staying out of it is probably the best option.
The father has nearly 19,000 followers on Facebook. There are comments from other travellers all along the lines of “god bless him, he looks like you, lovely boy, etc”

He also claims that he is the successor to the King of the Travellers title and he does receive comments from other travellers endorsing this.

Pavee point should be involved as they are there to protect the rights of travellers. That child is a traveller and needs protecting.

Seriously, EOTR, think about pavee point and what they should be doing for this kid.
21-03-2019, 15:43   #158
EmmetSpiceland

That isn’t a video isn’t a parent and child, it’s a man bullying and training an animal. Heartbreaking stuff.
21-03-2019, 15:52   #159
Candie

That poor little fella is just a baby. He's being taught that being a man is drinking, forcing people to do things they won't in the same way he's just been to drink that, and being aggressive. You'd wonder if he was ever treated like most other four year olds and cuddled and minded or made feel secure and valued, or had any emotional needs acknowledged, let alone met. You raise a kid without an education and to disregard feelings and emotions and without stability or security and you raise a kid who's a danger to society.

People becoming parents at 16 without any concept of parenting or example to follow, little education, no life skills other than degrees of thuggery and exempting themselves and their kids from the mandatory level of education that the rest of society sees as the bare minimum, and a State that's keener on accommodating the needs that arise from that circle of abuse than it is to address the causes of the culture of lawlessness in some/most Traveller circles. Why would anyone think the outcome is likely to be anything other than disaster.
Advertisement
21-03-2019, 15:54   #160
Bob Harris

What I found most offensive was him being told to throw the cutlery on the floor
though you have to admire the traveller 'I don't give a fuck attitude'.
21-03-2019, 15:58   #161
JaCrispy

Quote:

With regrads to a travellers lifestyle or attitute, there's nothing, absolutely nothing to admire.
21-03-2019, 16:05   #162
dartboardio

Quote:
What I found most offensive was him being told to throw the cutlery on the floor

Theres not one thing I admire about them. Pity maybe. Poor little fella being brought up to think drinking fighting and stealing are normal ways of life. Imagine his wife later in life if hes told hes the 'boss' and the 'hulk' now.

The lack of manners portrayed in the video made me sick 'nevermind that throw that on the floor.. Get up on the table', what the hell is wrong with these people!?

I remember my grandmother had an old traveller woman call to the house years and years ago begging for some clothes for the children (i think they are known for robbing clothes banks etc)

My granny went upstairs to find clothes like christening outfits etc babygrows and gave them to the woman.

When the woman left with the clothes my granny realised the woman took her purse with her!

Unbelievable
(3) thanks from:
21-03-2019, 16:13   #163
Will I Am Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartboardio View Post
Theres not one thing I admire about them. Pity maybe. Poor little fella being brought up to think drinking fighting and stealing are normal ways of life. Imagine his wife later in life if hes told hes the 'boss' and the 'hulk' now.

The lack of manners portrayed in the video made me sick 'nevermind that throw that on the floor.. Get up on the table', what the hell is wrong with these people!?

I remember my grandmother had an old traveller woman call to the house years and years ago begging for some clothes for the children (i think they are known for robbing clothes banks etc)

My granny went upstairs to find clothes like christening outfits etc babygrows and gave them to the woman.

When the woman left with the clothes my granny realised the woman took her purse with her!

Unbelievable
Not in the slightest...
21-03-2019, 16:17   #164
mikemac2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs OBumble View Post
Have any of you keyboard warriors actually contacted Tulsa???
Shouldn’t you be over in work forum sneering and looking down your nose at posters that ask for help?
21-03-2019, 16:23   #165
Charles Ingles
Banned

One gob****e gives his child Guinness and it's John Connors fault
What about smack babies born addicted the heroin to settled people every day in Ireland.do they represent all us normal people in the non traveler community?
Thread Closed