Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Yeh but now I’m torn, trade in my Pro for an X or keep it and play all those games. DAMMIT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

What games are you getting with the X?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Yeh but now I’m torn, trade in my Pro for an X or keep it and play all those games. DAMMIT!!

Keep the Pro, definitely. The upgrade from a Pro to a One X isn’t enormous from what I’ve seen (still noticeable) but it doesn’t have anywhere close to the same quality in exclusives as Sony and the upgrade to a PS5 or Scarlett would be much more significant. Best choice seems to be keep the Pro, play those games and many others and then get yourself a next gen console in 18 months at launch.

It’s your decision though, some people value performance more highly than anything else so if you’re one of those, then a One X is an option for you.

The games that come with the X are:

Gears 4
    Halo 5
    Forza 7
    Forza Horizon 4

(GamePass games but it’s an E3 deal)

Yeh, I’ve watched a good few game trailers over the last hour - specifically Uncharted and it really brought me back. Loved that series and haven’t gotten around to playing Lost Legacy.

Genuine question;
    Is the graphical difference in Ass Creed Origins that big when going from a Pro to an X?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The games that come with the X are:

Gears 4
    Halo 5
    Forza 7
    Forza Horizon 4

(GamePass games but it’s an E3 deal)

Yeh, I’ve watched a good few game trailers over the last hour - specifically Uncharted and it really brought me back. Loved that series and haven’t gotten around to playing Lost Legacy.

Genuine question;
    Is the graphical difference in Ass Creed Origins that big when going from a Pro to an X?

The new Xbox is out in 18 months I wouldn't go spending a few hundred on an Xbox One X & I'd give that advice to anyone buying a PS4 Pro too. Especially when neither has had a major pricecut.

Sound advice alright.

TBH, I don't mind about the price of the console and the looming next gen. I was just intrigued about playing Xbox games.

Cheers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sound advice alright.

TBH, I don't mind about the price of the console and the looming next gen. I was just intrigued about playing Xbox games.

Cheers though.

If you have a sufficiently powerful pc you can play Gears 4 and Forza Horizon 4 on Game Pass. Forza Motorsport 7 is also available on pc(for purchase).

Plus Project Scarlett is compatible with all Xbox One games so waiting will benefit your pocket overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I can't speak for the One X, but Odyssey on my Pro on a 4K TV looked stunning, and I don't think any other game has as good a draw distance on the PS4. Definitely one of the best looking game worlds I've seen, and blows my mind regularly as to the size and scale coupled with the quality. It's not quite God of War polished, but you can't compare the 2.

Speaking of, God of War is easily my GOTY and nothing, and I mean nothing, has come close to the sheer perfection I hold this game to. The last time I was this blown away by a game was back on the PS2 with Soul Reaver. But Sony Santa Monica have just created a true masterpiece with this. I genuinely cannot recall a single bad moment or experience in this game. Not to say there weren't any, I think there was (it is a game after all), but whatever issues it had I cannot recall as everything else just made a complete, perfect experience for me. The acting, the graphics, the style, the combat, the 'nearly all shot in 1 shot' view, the conversations in the boat, the story itself... If I could make love to it I would!

Horizon: Zero Dawn then is a stunning new IP, and while some people think it's more of the same it wraps it all in a new look with a very interesting story. The combat is fun, the story is good and it is also one of my favourite games ever.

Regardless of your views on the console war, Sony have not just hit the ball out of the park with the PS4 and exclusive, they've absolutely decimated the ball on contact leaving the pitcher (MS) slack jawed and gobsmacked in comparison, of course all in my own opinion. The only reason I would even contemplate a One X right now is for Forza.

Edit: That came across as quite fanboy-ish!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Edit: That came across as quite fanboy-ish!

I know a guilty poster when I see one.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

ERG89 wrote: »
    The new Xbox is out in 18 months I wouldn't go spending a few hundred on an Xbox One X & I'd give that advice to anyone buying a PS4 Pro too. Especially when neither has had a major pricecut.

I'd still buy either a Pro or One X.

We are still a long way off the release of the next Xbox and PS5. The PS4 Pro and Xbox One X will still be supported for a few years with new games still releasing for both.

There are always good console trade-in deals when a new console launches providing the opportunity to trade a console in against the purchase of a new Xbox or PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'd still buy either a Pro or One X.

We are still a long way off the release of the next Xbox and PS5. The PS4 Pro and Xbox One X will still be supported for a few years with new games still releasing for both.

There are always good console trade-in deals when a new console launches providing the opportunity to trade a console in against the purchase of a new Xbox or PS4.

Next year is when ms said the new xbox is out so that's not really a long way off tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kimbot wrote: »
    Next year is when ms said the new xbox is out so that's not really a long way off tbf

If it's next year it'll be in time for October or November, so over a year away.

Unless money is tight, I think that's a decent ways away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,906 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Plus GS should have some trade deal to upgrade to next gen, hoping they do anyway to unload my pro for the 5 asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Given you can get some good deals now on a Pro or X I would say it's perfectly fine to get either now, it's not as if they'll suddenly become worthless once the next generation is released.

Don't need a 4K tv either, huge advantage on any standard HDTV.

I'd probably agree that while the One X is the most powerful console by a handy margain, PS4 has a generally better games library and more 'must have' SP games.....MS really dropped the ball this gen in that regard.

Gamepass and EA Access are both great on Xbox though also. I think if you're mostly playing multi-platform games, and the highest graphical fidelity is important to you, the One X is easily the better console.

I had both and the One X was noticeably better in that regard, though I got rid of it in the end as all my friends have PS4's and the exclusives on the Xbox were nowhere near good enough to make me personally want to keep it.

Think the final nail in the coffin for the Xbox for me was when they announced Halo was coming to PC....that was pretty much the only reason I was hanging on it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Neither current gen console would be worth their new price atm with how soon they'll be last gen

If you could find a decent seller on adverts with one still in warranty it might be worth it depending on how cheap it ends up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Honestly, you'd think they're just weeks away rather than probably 16 months away.

A One X at €370 with a couple of games makes perfect sense to me if you're looking for one.

2nd hand prices are not very reasonable. Maybe save €100 for a used console likely with no warranty or games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Neither current gen console would be worth their new price atm with how soon they'll be last gen

If you could find a decent seller on adverts with one still in warranty it might be worth it depending on how cheap it ends up

Couldn't disagree more.

Both consoles have extensive ready to go libraries with expanding player bases to this day and serious discounts on some classic games.

And you're almost guaranteed some stores will do trade-ins against new consoles when they do arrive.

There's no guarantee when these new consoles will come and even if they'll be worth picking up at launch or holding out til they're more supported games wise so you could be looking at 18 months upwards of them being the relevant consoles.

Still though 16 months and it's old technology, not useless obviously I actually wish I kept my PS3

You're right though at a quick glance 2nd hand prices aren't as cheap as I thought, they'll plummet once the next gen is announced, I was among hundreds trying to flog my PS3 before the PS4 and I hate myself every time I look at the ad because now the games alone are worth more than what I got for the bundle

Couldn't disagree more.

Both consoles have extensive ready to go libraries with expanding player bases to this day and serious discounts on some classic games.

And you're almost guaranteed some stores will do trade-ins against new consoles when they do arrive.

There's no guarantee when these new consoles will come and even if they'll be worth picking up at launch or holding out til they're more supported games wise so you could be looking at 18 months upwards of them being the relevant consoles.

Fair points, I think they're a bit much new today but that's just me I hate being behind with any technology and the fact they'd have you behind in no time, I'm afraid now to even buy a 4k tv because better tvs will be along soon after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Is there any way to use an old save from a game and use it on a new ps4?

I recently bought a new ps4 after my old one gave up on me. I was in the middle of the Witcher 3 when it bust and I had invested about 60 hours into it. I want to go back and finish it but it'd put me off if I had to start again. Any way of getting the save onto my new ps4??

hefferboi wrote: »
    Is there any way to use an old save from a game and use it on a new ps4?

I recently bought a new ps4 after my old one gave up on me. I was in the middle of the Witcher 3 when it bust and I had invested about 60 hours into it. I want to go back and finish it but it'd put me off if I had to start again. Any way of getting the save onto my new ps4??

If you still have the old PS4 you may be able to retrieve the save and move it to the new one via usb. If you had ps+ when playing previously you should be able to retrieve your save from your cloud storage.

Anyone having issues with downloading updates in rest mode. Tried to do it twice the last week and neither time did it stay downloading. Just restarted when I turned it on.
    Didnt change any settings & I used to use it often.

Anyone having issues with downloading updates in rest mode. Tried to do it twice the last week and neither time did it stay downloading. Just restarted when I turned it on.

Is it your primary PS4 for that account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I've had this issue for MONTHS. Tried resetting licences as advised by PS Help on Twitter. Even tried switching it off and on again. Nothing. It's a right pain in the hoop, especially when some titles release updates on the same day, which are quite large updates, then having to prioritise which one gets downloaded first. All compounded by the feckless way PS handles downloading and installing updates.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Is it your primary PS4 for that account.

My Rest downloading had stopped working as well. Just did the above and working again, thanks man.

Got email with for new firmware.

Includes the larger party chat that was in beta by itself last month. Same deal as last time you're limited to new parties if you install it.

Got email with for new firmware.

Includes the larger party chat that was in beta by itself last month. Same deal as last time you're limited to new parties if you install it.

Got that as well, future updates won't need reboots, that's nice. No interest in the larger party. #NoFriends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »

That's nothing more than a placeholder price. There's been zero indication of a release period, let alone a price point. Seen these prices before with current gen systems and some highly anticipated games.

• Advertisement

Have been purging any site that posts these nonsense rumours from feeds when they pop up.

gimli2112 wrote: »

But does it have Ridge Racer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lads,
    quick question, Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition is down to 14 euros in the sale, I have a disc copy of the standard edition that I've only played a few hours on, that I can get €14 for in CEX. I was going to offload the disc while it still has value and maybe just swap it for something else.

does anyone know if my save will transfer over? I'd rather not start again.

Lads,
    quick question, Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition is down to 14 euros in the sale, I have a disc copy of the standard edition that I've only played a few hours on, that I can get €14 for in CEX. I was going to offload the disc while it still has value and maybe just swap it for something else.

does anyone know if my save will transfer over? I'd rather not start again.

Your save will transfer over, but you will need to uninstall the disc version and install the download version to resume your game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Anyone know if there's a way to retrieve the video clip of a game crash that gets sent when you report a problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a way to retrieve the video clip of a game crash that gets sent when you report a problem?

https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/errorhistory.html

Not sure if it contains the clip though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Good news for PlayStation owners.

Insomniac Games joins PlayStation studios. Whilst they've obviously worked very closely in the past, this gives them access to bigger resources and is great news.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1163526820265750529?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,307 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So seeing rumours of a new Nintendo Direct got me wondering when we'll get a new State of Play

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So seeing rumours of a new Nintendo Direct got me wondering when we'll get a new State of Play

Fwiw Gamestop had a conference this week & they were shown a new demo of The Last of Us 2. Probably going to show that soon followed by the comedown for some of an early 2020 release date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,307 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tokyo Game Show is in a couple weeks, I think so they may have something there, or do they have their own show around then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I think I’m going to buy a PS4.... not a big gamer so I assume 500 gb is ok ? Anyone know what the best deal out there is ? Is there a price drop n the horizon ? D.I.D are selling a ps4 500gb with red dead for €290... seems like a good deal ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I think I’m going to buy a PS4.... not a big gamer so I assume 500 gb is ok ? Anyone know what the best deal out there is ? Is there a price drop n the horizon ? D.I.D are selling a ps4 500gb with red dead for €290... seems like a good deal ?

It's not really considering rdr2 is nearly 100gb, but for 70 quid or so and 20 minutes of your time upgrading is very simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

You can always buy an external hard drive for extra game storage if you end up needing for space.

I had a 1tb hard drive connected to my 500gb PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    You can always buy an external hard drive for extra game storage if you end up needing for space.

I had a 1tb hard drive connected to my 500gb PS4.

It’s just as simple as plugging in any hard drive into the console ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It’s just as simple as plugging in any hard drive into the console ?

Yes, via USB.

EDIT: You will need to format it once connected.
    USB 3.0 and up to 8TB.

If anyone is looking for cheap external HDD, then WD sell refurbished products on their site. Can't remember what they call it but they also sell "not new but unused" products but the refurbished/re certified are vastly cheap.

They changed site layout so no idea where anything is now, found re certified section/filter earlier today but now can't. Only thing to note is that for the good stuff you need to sign up for a notification for stuff as it's in and out of stock so quick and stock vastly differs by region as it's repaired and ready to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

If anyone is looking for cheap external HDD, then WD sell refurbished products on their site. Can't remember what they call it but they also sell "not new but unused" products but the refurbished/re certified are vastly cheap.

They changed site layout so no idea where anything is now, found re certified section/filter earlier today but now can't. Only thing to note is that for the good stuff you need to sign up for a notification for stuff as it's in and out of stock so quick and stock vastly differs by region as it's repaired and ready to sell.

Excuse my brain dead ness but what is WD ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,115 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Excuse my brain dead ness but what is WD ?

Western Digital.

New State of Play next week, same day as The Last of Us 2 Media event. It's happening lads!

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1174699919132807169?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hi folks looking some info/recommendations.

Has any boxing game been released for this?

Also could you recommend a fps game? I liked Halo - call of duty type games and mainly play online?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement