Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The first Dragon Age didn't click with me at all. But I went back to it about a year after release and absolutely loved it. Thoroughly enjoyed DA2 also. But, I just could not get into Inquisition. I think I played about 25 hours and lost interest. I was tempted to pick it up again myself, pretty sure I saw that and Mass Effect: Andromeda on sale together for cheap (I did, €15.99 for teh 2), and I would possibly give ME:A a go again. One of my mates has DA:I and loves it.

I'm actually looking for an RPG to fill the void left by AC: Odyssey since I finished it. I may pick it up again. The GOTY edition is €7, quite tempting... If you are picking it up, don't forget there are 3 free DLCs (minor things I think, and something to do with MP?!).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looks like Sony are doing their version of a Direct with State of Play.
    https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/03/22/state-of-play-playstations-new-video-showcase-debuts-monday/
    Monday March 25th @ 9pm
    The first episode has new game announcements, and highlights upcoming PS4 and PS VR software

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

I love episodic games like Until Dawn, Detroit: Becoming Human, Life Is Strange. However, due to my fine motor skill issues I find games with QTEs difficult (see Until Dawn and Becoming Human) and are there any similar games to these that haven't any QTEs like the Life Is Strange series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Brian017 wrote: »
    I love episodic games like Until Dawn, Detroit: Becoming Human, Life Is Strange. However, due to my fine motor skill issues I find games with QTEs difficult (see Until Dawn and Becoming Human) and are there any similar games to these that haven't any QTEs like the Life Is Strange series?

You could try the likes of What Remains of Edith Finch, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Firewatch, Unfinished Swan, Tacoma and Oxenfree - none of them really has QTE's from what I remember but they're all games I enjoyed to varying degrees -particularly the first four.

State of Play here now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA9-1Jtbwxg

Iron Man VR incoming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Happy with the format of it but there was not a lot worth looking back at twice. Very uneventful tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

You could try the likes of What Remains of Edith Finch, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Firewatch, Unfinished Swan, Tacoma and Oxenfree - none of them really has QTE's from what I remember but they're all games I enjoyed to varying degrees -particularly the first four.

Thanks man. Will check them out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm confused, is State of Play actually on right now or what? I thought it was 5pm EST (10pm our time) ? and it's showing a load of stuff already

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm confused, is State of Play actually on right now or what? I thought it was 5pm EST (10pm our time) ? and it's showing a load of stuff already

America is in daylight savings time so that's 4 behind us instead of the usual 5.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    America is in daylight savings time so that's 4 behind us instead of the usual 5.

Ahhhh f*ck it I forgot about that

• Advertisement

A lot of focus on VR.

I'll keep an eye on Concrete Genie.

I'll probably pick up Days Gone at some point but I'm starting to see what people mean when they say Sony third person games look similar.

Yeah so far I'm not very satisfied with what has been shown thus far. Not very impressed by their first episode

I thought the format was grand, but if I was to compare it to the Directs, the VR stuff was basically the 3DS games. Some people may be interested but I think the majority of people want to see games they can play on the PS4 without add ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Depends on how much and how expansive it is but Iron Man VR looks good, will at least be interesting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

That State of Play was terrible. They tried to copy Nintendo's Direct formula, but this came across as very clinical and sterile, mostly bland uninteresting VR games. Day's Gone was the only good game they showed, no surprises.

Sony should go back to being themselves, they are far better at doing the big E3 style presentations, rather than a poor Nintendo Direct clone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

CastorTroy wrote: »
    State of Play here now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA9-1Jtbwxg

Iron Man VR incoming
    Gonzo wrote: »
    That State of Play was terrible. They tried to copy Nintendo's Direct formula, but this came across as very clinical and sterile, mostly bland uninteresting VR games. Day's Gone was the only good game they showed, no surprises.

Sony should go back to being themselves, they are far better at doing the big E3 style presentations, rather than a poor Nintendo Direct clone.

Didn't see anything there that was worth the time it took to watch. Still not convinced on the VR stuff. Iron Man looked okay, but not showing 'Actual Game Footage' was a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I enjoyed the more story driven Days Gone trailer but on a whole State of Play just felt a bit fumbled together, for a first time effort it didn't feel like it was noteworthy enough.

Anyway I saw Path of Exiles is out today on PS4.

The people complaining about the VR stuff, do ye have VR? I didn't watch live (I don't watch anything live anymore tbh), but having a look at the few videos the games looked interesting from a VR standpoint. No Mans Sky VR will be amazing, but people are going to brush it off because they're still annoyed the game didn't live up to their expectations on launch (lived up to my expectations and more). Iron Man VR, wonder if it's going to be free movement or on the rails, but looks interesting too.

Concrete Genie seems interesting, will keep an eye on it. No interest in Days Gone, so I will pick that up on sale down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The people complaining about the VR stuff, do ye have VR? I didn't watch live (I don't watch anything live anymore tbh), but having a look at the few videos the games looked interesting from a VR standpoint. No Mans Sky VR will be amazing, but people are going to brush it off because they're still annoyed the game didn't live up to their expectations on launch (lived up to my expectations and more). Iron Man VR, wonder if it's going to be free movement or on the rails, but looks interesting too.

Concrete Genie seems interesting, will keep an eye on it. No interest in Days Gone, so I will pick that up on sale down the line.

Personally, I don't have it, simply because I was never convinced by it. While I have seen some interesting looking titles, they've been too few and far between for me to adopt VR in it's still birthing phase. I would be quite happy to be proven wrong in my assesment.

Personally, I don't have it, simply because I was never convinced by it. While I have seen some interesting looking titles, they've been too few and far between for me to adopt VR in it's still birthing phase. I would be quite happy to be proven wrong in my assesment.

Depends on what you want from it. I don't think VR will ever become the only way to play, and yes the games are a bit thin on the ground at the moment, but I think there's plenty already out to justify the cost, AstroBot, Superhot VR, Wipeout (if you can get past the motion sickness), Creed: Rise to Glory, Beat Saber and there's more and more coming every day.

I play maybe an hour or two of VR, game depending, and then back to the normal gaming. For that, it's definitely worth the money. But, the VR on the PS5 will be the one to bring it to mainstream masses, they definitely need new controllers for better movement in game, and the patents above show that's the way it's heading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bought an Oculus Rift,sold it about a year later.

Wires from the headset were annoying,actually wearimg the hmd for a prolonged period was a no go for me,visually games appeared slightly blurry.

All in all,i think VR is a bit gimmicky currently and doesnt interest me amymore in its current guise.

I would be interested in PSVR. Was thinking of getting it when it was on offer in November. Apart from my backlog meaning I have loads of other games to play, one big thing that stops me getting it is paying the money for it only for it to not work on PS5.

I would be interested in PSVR. Was thinking of getting it when it was on offer in November. Apart from my backlog meaning I have loads of other games to play, one big thing that stops me getting it is paying the money for it only for it to not work on PS5.

The rumour mill says the PS5 will be backwards compatible, so I'd imagine PS4 peripherals will work with it. Hell, the Move controller from PS3 works with PSVR, so i'd be surprised if the current VR won't work with the PS5. Great thing about the PSVR is you don't need a tv at all. So when you get your shiney new PS5, you can leave the PS4 hooked up to power but no the TV and still enjoy VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I would be interested in PSVR. Was thinking of getting it when it was on offer in November.

Would you not be tempted to buy second hand?

Some great bargains on psvr out there.

That's goes bought mine.

Maybe at some point, but just stick with my backlog for now

COD battle royale yokie free from today to the end of April to coincide with the launch of the new Alcatraz map. Might give it a go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    COD battle royale yokie free from today to the end of April to coincide with the launch of the new Alcatraz map. Might give it a go.

Alcatraz is bedlam, great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Penn wrote: »

Link is still on the blog site but brings you to a page not found.

The US site has it up with info

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/04/10/online-id-change-on-psn-your-questions-answered/

edit again: EU link working again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just a snippet from the Bloodborne Reddit on it

There's only a handful games listed with serious issues. Most notably for me: LBP3. Those more serious games have issues where changing your ID might lead to loss of savegames, user generated content or even ingame purchases

If I changed my PSN and lost my Bloodborne platinum there'd be serious consequences :)

Advertisement