Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Luck in GAMSAT 2011!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭drspock

"""I heard a story that they had to re-release the scores when someone didn't show up for the essay and so didn't get a grade for it and so everyone below his score got the wrong essay grade. Don't know how true that is. It does sound somewhat plausible though."""

I'll pretend you never said that!!! :eek:

Nothing would surprise me at this point........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭hurdygurdy85

drspock wrote: »
    You've sat the GAMSAT 5 times? Jesus! Thats dedication. I reckon you deserve an honorary overall 75 for that effort. Seriously, every time I'v sat that nasty beast it took about a week to get back to normal (resume sleeping, stop exhibiting withdrawal symptoms and not crying myself to sleep in a corner).

I really hope you get a great score this time mate!! YOU DESERVE IT! Where are you hoping to start? Are you sitting on a 60+ score hoping to bring it up as well?

Fancy passing on those (appreciated) sentiments to Acer before they publish the results?! :D

Hoping never to have to study for it again. Having never failed an exam in my life it intrigued me that this exam was such a ****ty one and irreversible stubborness was born. Thought I'd give it a few attempts after the 3rd time to try to get Dublin (sitting on 59 at the mo) but obviously someone up there has been having a larf at my expense(s)....... The time has come to take whatever offer comes up in August (prob UL) & head wherever it takes me. Experiments are over! I'll be drawing my pension soon if I dont get moving.......

Where are you hoping to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

correct me if I'm wroing but NUIG GEM was supposed to start in 2009,2010 and now they say 2011?

It would be on the CAO surley if it was going to be offered

The extra places in UCD are going ahead from what I've heard and will be a 50/50 undergrad/gem by 2012 :)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

spagboll wrote: »
    correct me if I'm wroing but NUIG GEM was supposed to start in 2009,2010 and now they say 2011?

It would be on the CAO surley if it was going to be offered

The extra places in UCD are going ahead from what I've heard and will be a 50/50 undergrad/gem by 2012 :)

NUIG said they would be concentrating on undergraduate training, so no GEM for Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 kermicrzy

The Australian GAMSAT scores were released today so we may be looking at our scores before Friday.. Oh god!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 MedGal

They've updated the Gammy Ireland result page. They're just days away now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

MedGal wrote: »
    They've updated the Gammy Ireland result page. They're just days away now!

link? i can't see that anywhere (haha not a good sign)

jtsuited wrote: »
    link? i can't see that anywhere (haha not a good sign)

There's no link, they've just updated the info on the results page to include info about 2011 & 2012.
    The section that said "check your 2009 & 2010 results" has been removed and more up-to-date info put in its place.
    Usually there'll be an announcement saying "2011 results will be available from [ ]" where it currently says "GAMSAT Ireland was held on 26 March 2011" at the top of the page.
    Not long now if they're preparing the results page...... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭paraguay99

looks like next week. we would have been informed today if they were coming on friday imo.

paraguay99 wrote: »
    looks like next week. we would have been informed today if they were coming on friday imo.

Not necessarily, they could just send a mail at 7am saying results are out at 9am, they've done that before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sparrow3

MedGal is right ,

with regards the GAMSAT UK 2010, results came out on the 19th November at 1pm.

The notification email alerting candidates to this was sent out earlier that morning at 1 AM

Id be very surprised if they were not released on Friday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4 moose88

Hi everyone- I took the GAMSAT in Sydney, but I am applying to GEP's at UCC, UCD, and RCSI- I am American so I am in the International student cohort so I should find out about an acceptance soon. I can't believe you still haven't gotten your scores- as we got ours about 36 hours ago and usually GAMSAT Australia seems to get results last because there are more people taking it.

Anyways- not sure if anyone on this forum knows anything about international students who took the GAMSAT- I went to a top 15 US University- double major- tons of EC's- graduated with a 3.2/4.0 GPA, and I scored a 66 on this years GAMSAT. I am really hoping for a spot!

GOOD LUCK to everyone awaiting results. I thought I was going to die it seemed so long...

Do you not have to do the MCAT if you're American?

BTW, great score moose88. Congrats!

If you are applying to schools in Ireland you can take either! I was living in Australia for a year so I took the GAMSAT. I could have just as easily taken the MCAT but I thought the GAMSAT would be better for the way I generally test on standardized tests!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

moose88 wrote: »
    If you are applying to schools in Ireland you can take either! I was living in Australia for a year so I took the GAMSAT. I could have just as easily taken the MCAT but I thought the GAMSAT would be better for the way I generally test on standardized tests!
    your gamsat score looks pretty good, and you can get in anywhere in ireland with those stats... (not sure about the GPA though 3.2 is a little low, but i've seen people with 3.2s and 30+ MCATs get in, and 66 is more like a 35ish nearly), but those stats would have goten you into a carrib school pretty easy... even one of the big four... like saba... and they do all their clinicals in america.

edit::

actually im pretty sure you cant replace the GAMSAT with MCAT, i thought all atlantic bridge students were supposed to take the MCAT?, you thought about applying to australia?

http://www.atlanticbridge.com/med/faqs/fqindex.htm
    Q: How long is the medical degree course in Ireland?
    A:

University College Cork, University College Dublin, The University of Limerick and The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland offer four-year medical degree courses. A bachelor's degree and the MCAT are required for admission.

Yeah, I told them they should change that. I know of a student at UCC who used GAMSAT last year through ABP and a couple that are using it this year. I checked with them long before I applied in December. Hopefully will know something soon! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

moose88 wrote: »
    Yeah, I told them they should change that. I know of a student at UCC who used GAMSAT last year through ABP and a couple that are using it this year. I checked with them long before I applied in December. Hopefully will know something soon! Thanks!
    ah thats great :) im sure you'll get in, as you've scored higher than any of the cut offs used for locals (for GAMSAT), when do you get your offers? irish people dont get theirs until august :) long wait for them lol, but hopefully results will be out by friday :)

Somebody give me a sedative until they release the results.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 kermicrzy

There are only so many times in a minute you can keep checking your emails and these forums for any sort of update. Well there goes any productivity today... The wait better be worth it, thats all I have to say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scientist1

JUST GIVE ME MY RESULT SO I CAN START STUDYING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Sorcha88

Hi everyone, if it's any help I emailed GAMSAT last week asking when would results be available and they said around May 20th. Hope to god that means tomorrow, so sick of waiting!

Scientist1 wrote: »
    JUST GIVE ME MY RESULT SO I CAN START STUDYING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

There will be no sleep of any quality had tonight anyways. Re-runs of Jersey Shore wahey! :)

Good luck with the results everyone. Hope they come out on the 20th... can't take much more waiting. :eek:

Waiting anxiously for 4am to check emails........

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nivag7

Hot off the presses they're up!

https://gamsat-ireland.acer.edu.au/results/index.php

Good luck everyone

Got 61, absolutely thrilled!!! :)

Section 1: 67
    Section 2: 68
    Section 3: 54

Fingers crossed for eveyone! GOOD LUCK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Looked at section 3 first: 55... Oh ****. Worse than UK
    Looked at section 1 then: 63... well I'm ****ed from section 3 so that doesn't really matter.
    Section 2 : 64... ah ****e.

Then I slump back on the couch... Look at the overall score.... 62????

Section 2 was 74.

Bloody delighted. All neighbours woken with a roar

Best of luck everyone. 3rd time lucky for me here. Keep at it :D

Well done Yillan, delighted for you. Stubborness pays off! :) To hell with your neighbours, you won't be living there much longer anyways if you're moving out to go to college! :) Roar some more!!!

Emails were literally just sent saying results are out. Im off to get drunk!!!!!!! :)

61!!!!!!!!!!!YAHOOO

got 50 on section 3 (thought i got 20)
    79 in section 2
    66 in section 1

jtsuited wrote: »
    61!!!!!!!!!!!YAHOOO

got 50 on section 3 (though i got 20)
    79 in section 2
    66 in section 1

Well done!!! Be interesting to see where 61 gets us! :)

• Advertisement

surely UCD with a 61???
    surely???

Advertisement