Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Luck in GAMSAT 2011!

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭EugeneOnegin

I was talking to UL admissions last week and then were of the opinion that it was the 3rd also. Surely since the reply date for round zero is Wednesday the 10th, the CAO would give us 7days instead of a 6days to decide?

And isn't Wednesday the traditional day that CAO publish such results etc???

Although I doubt that the CAO website is wrong, I kinda hope it is.

Nervous.com here

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sophievdp

maybe they're just messing with us, maybe they get their kicks from driving us mad :eek:

at any rate the wait's almost over

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MedGal

I mailed CAO again as they told me 3rd but website says 4th. Apparently offers are posted on the 3rd but only online on 4th.
    So, 4th it is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 mystery1

Best of luck everyone, myself and a friend both got UCD and we had GAMSAT scores of 59 and 60... looks like the points have dropped this year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭hurdygurdy85

mystery1 wrote: »
    Best of luck everyone, myself and a friend both got UCD and we had GAMSAT scores of 59 and 60... looks like the points have dropped this year :D

Congrats guys. I'll be seeing ye in september! A lot of people seem to be heading for UCD... Hope we'll get a good crowd! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 lilteach

Hi, just wondering what the cutoff was for UL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 foleyfresh

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JordyWordy

congrats to everyone who got something!! ill be seeing some of yee in UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JordyWordy

*duplicate*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

Round 1 offers - everyone staying where they are or will people change?

RCSI - 59*

UCD - 58*

UCC - 56*

UL - 54*

Offers are redic low this year - Id say students from the last couple of years are a bit p!ssed off especially those who wanted to stay in Dublin. Just looking at the bottom cutoff of 54* - it was the 45th percentile in England and 55th in Ireland so Id say pretty much anyone who really wanted to do medicine got a spot somewhere.

Also its funny looking back over the earlier posts in this thread - "I got a 62 hopefully that gets me into Dublin" etc. lol what were we worried about :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Wow. Ridiculously low percentile mark needed to do GEM this year. I'm presuming there will be a massive jump in people attempting the gamsat this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Annaroberts22

jtsuited wrote: »
    Wow. Ridiculously low percentile mark needed to do GEM this year. I'm presuming there will be a massive jump in people attempting the gamsat this year.

I hope the low cut-off this year doesn't mean the scores will go really high for 2012 entry due to lots of people applying and no new places!

Advertisement