Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    FF Tactics is the secret best FF game.

And I'm being serious, it's one of the best games ever made.

Hmm, I have not actually played that. Looks interesting.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    FF Tactics is the secret best FF game.

And I'm being serious, it's one of the best games ever made.

I "liked" it but there was just something about it that did not click for me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's very challenging, has the FF5 job system but it's even more indepth and full of customization options and can be gloriously broken and the story is excellent. It was created by Mastuno and is based off the War of the Roses and quite political. Only FF12 came close and that was by Matsuno as well, until he left and the project got rushed. The story is far better than anything Final Fantasy has ever done.... as long as you play the PSP version as the translation of the PS1 version is barely English :D

Now FF:VII was not without it's flaws but, for me, of the non-Nintendo games it's only bettered by FF:IX

Which is favourite including Nintendo games?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

FFXIV is the best one. A (so far) decade long anime soap opera :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

https://youtu.be/pDnRtRAs7Fs

7 minute ad released in Japan, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

haha that's nuts, even by Japan's standards!

General gist of the video is the young guy has never played the original FF7, he hears his co-workers, wife and guy at the bar talk about it a lot and is envious of the memories people had with the game and how they talk about it. He decides to buy a PS4 so he can play the remake with his wife and now he's like everyone else - waiting for the game to come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

FFVIII is my favourite.

They were all great though apart from the new ones (bar FFXIV).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

FFVIII is my favourite.

They were all great though apart from the new ones (bar FFXIV).

FFXIV out did XI in the end they did a huge turn around with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

lordlame wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/pDnRtRAs7Fs

7 minute ad released in Japan, lol

Its not a normal ad, it's part of a live yearly show.

Think the US superbowl like ads played during the late late toy show.

Lad reading the old guide in a bar, and then coming over and yelling about the name of a summon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

New trailer from last night's game awards.

Interesting take on some of the more classic interactions,
    Cloud is definitely a bit more Squall like in the start of this when talking to Aeris but the smirk at the end with Jessie is promising. Gotta admit, I fan-boyed a bit at this trailer. I can see me hating Wedge though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Getting close now!

Picard will keep me ticking over through January.

12 month old UNUSED PS4 waiting in the corner. Ill set it up in February, hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

FFVII wrote: »
    Getting close now!

Picard will keep me ticking over through January.

12 month old UNUSED PS4 waiting in the corner. Ill set it up in February, hahaha.

Shame its prob close tie to my switch for favorite console.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RedXIV wrote: »
    New trailer from last night's game awards.

Interesting take on some of the more classic interactions,
    Cloud is definitely a bit more Squall like in the start of this when talking to Aeris but the smirk at the end with Jessie is promising. Gotta admit, I fan-boyed a bit at this trailer. I can see me hating Wedge though

giphy.gif

Soundtrack is so good

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Looks good, but the amount of times they've shown the bombing mission still has me fearing the game will be quite short. Like 15-20 hours or something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, a lot of that footage seems to be around the bombing mission; I think the sewer section is a little further on? It's so long since I last played it but those frog monsters looked familiar.

Where did they get the voice actor for Barrett, he sounds hilariously OTT (though I suppose he was quite boisterous in text form)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

It's a bit like reading a book then watching the movie. The annoying American accents are not really what I imagined the characters to sound like. I didn't really mind that in FF10 so maybe it will grow on me. Looks great though otherwise. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Kinda happier they kept similar places in the trailers, it'll be nice to get some surprises when you actually play the game.

I finished my masters this week and bought myself a new 4k tv to enjoy this with for March :D Hoping to upgrade to a PS Pro at some point too to take advantage :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm just gonna wait for the complete edition on the PS5 :):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Anima wrote: »
    It's a bit like reading a book then watching the movie. The annoying American accents are not really what I imagined the characters to sound like. I didn't really mind that in FF10 so maybe it will grow on me. Looks great though otherwise. Can't wait.
    There MUST be an option to go for the Japanese dub!

Ugh playstation exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ugh playstation exclusive

Exclusive for a year and i doubt episode 2 will even be out in that time frame. Well be interesting to see if reach episode had the 1 year exclusivity deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Exclusive for a year and i doubt episode 2 will even be out in that time frame. Well be interesting to see if reach episode had the 1 year exclusivity deal.

Its coming to xbox as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Its coming to xbox as well?

It's 'free' to go to whoever wants it after match 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Rumour that a demo is going to be released soon. Apparently a file had appeared on the psn.

https://lordsofgaming.net/2019/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-demo-may-have-leaked/

Rumour that a demo is going to be released soon. Apparently a file had appeared on the psn.

https://lordsofgaming.net/2019/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-demo-may-have-leaked/

Why play a demo and ruin the game for yourself?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sure everyone already knows what happens, so not really spoiling things :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Why play a demo and ruin the game for yourself?

I'd be very interested to see how the combat system plays out before buying.

I know the story backwards and forwards at this stage.

Advertisement