Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options
1808182838486»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have an 8gb 580 and I'm noticing similar stutters at times at 1440p so it might not be vram.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's stutter reported by people on 3090s. It's definitely not just spec related.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I assumed it was VRAM since normally when it's stuttering it's using over 5800mb which for a 6gb card is pretty much where I'd expect to see the VRAM usage top out.

However saying that I've just seen someone on Youtube with a similar set-up to me getting the same issue when using 5500mb of VRAM and it doesn't go above that, which is weird.

My GPU generally is at about 80 to 85% load and no more than 65C and plenty of system RAM avaliable and CPU is barely being used most of the time, so that led to be the VRAM bottleneck.

Of course, it could be something that can be fixed with a patch if it's not VRAM related.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wish Intergrade was cheaper, I'd absolutely love to play through this again with next gen update and dlc. I loved the combat and while some sections did drag a bit, it never once put a dent in my enjoyment. Hhmmm might ask santa for it.

*Just wanted to post something positive about the game, change of pace for this thread :)

Having just got to Tifa's 7th Heaven, I'm really enjoying it so far. Brings back memories and faithful to the original enough, but also they've managed to expand things a little bit to this point without feeling like it has been padded so it adds to the experience rather than takes away from it.

The whole scene of chaos after the reactor was blown up and the scale of the devastation and how big area it is, you just simply do not get in the original. The dialogue between characters is better and the combat feels good. Personally I've flicked between the classic mode and the new default, classic is obviously more faithful to the original and I'm glad they put that in.

There are two things that can kill this game though in future parts. Square Enix deciding to pump it for as much cash as possible, which they already seem to be doing, and taking the story off on too much of a tangent from the original, which also looks highly likely to happen as well. So we'll see how it goes.

So far I don't regret buying it. The attention to detail has been outstanding, but I really fear that the whisperers presence in the game might be the downfall in the overall project, since it's clear that future parts are going to be much less faithful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭endainoz

Having recently bought a PS5 I'm going to give the free ps5 upgrade a go. The upgrade on frame rates might improve things. I also haven't played it since I first got it so hopefully some things might be improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ha, after i just posting about this, nice!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

80 euro on PC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Didn't think the upgrade was free, unless this plus upgrade is the previously upgrade is listed as €10 unless that's for the DLC.

• Advertisement

Well it was free for me and it's listed as free on this site:

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps4-to-ps5-all-games-with-confirmed-free-upgrades

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just did a search on the store and the upgrade shows as free. Though there does seem to only be a tenner difference between the PS4 version and the Intergrade version on PS5.

But sure we'll find out for sure on Wednesday

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The PS5 upgrade is absolutely free if you bought the base game, and will be free to PS Plus subscribers this week.

What isn’t free is the bonus Yuffie DLC - that has to be bought separately if you’re upgrading from PS4. But the base game got a free PS5 upgrade.

My friend upgraded their PS4 version to PS5 for free last week so can confirm.

It's so nice in 60 FPS!

Agreed it does look very nice now. Now of they could just patch out three quarters of hojos lab, we'd be laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Just spent 20 quid on disc version of this last week to get ps5 upgrade. Typical!

Isn't the PS5 version limited to 30fps at 4K?

Currently just under 10.5 hours into the game on PC and just got to Aerith's house. Something about it, that despite how much grander and beautiful it is compared to in the original, it still feels the same house.

I love how Square Enix have developed the storyline and really fleshed out things in this game, but at the same time it still feels like the original how you remember. For the most part, it is a wonderful mix of nostalgia and expansion although some bits are padded for sure.

Character wise I really like the new Aerith, she's much more fleshed out now than she was in the original, however I'm very much 50/50 on the voiceover. Tifa and Jessie's voiceover's are far better. Jessie for me is actually a great character in the early part of the game, forgettable in the original but really breaks out in the remake.

The PS5 upgrade version is now free for PS Plus owners and Yuffie dlc is discounted to 15 euro. I had FF7 PS plus version downloaded in case I needed to do anything with the save but didn't have enough space to download the PS5 version so I deleted it. I forgot that Hard Mode only unlocks after you clear the game and you need the full ps4 version game to upload the save (stupid **** sony). Also, I thought trophies would auto pop but I just unlocked 1 after my first battle so looks like I can go for the platinum again. Looks like I'll have to download the ps4 version again, upload the save and start the PS5 version on hard.

Really looking forward to another playthrough!

Edit: Only needed the 1st part of the install to finish and could upload the save. It said trophies would auto pop when ps5 version installed.

Post edited by Zero-Cool on

Just got to the Honeybee Inn last night,

Don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't got there yet, but it's much expanded in the original and changed the story around a fair bit to include some new characters and the place is a little different now. Gotta say I laughed out loud a few times during it!

Post edited by devnull on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I love how the handled Wall Market and everything that goes on there. I've platniumed and played through the whole game numerous times at this stage, loving the ps5 upgrade too. Nostalgia is a drug I can't get enough of

• Advertisement

Have to say, i thought the Intermission dlc was quite poor, not worth 15, never mind 20. Yuffie is brilliant and her combat is okay but only playing as her became a bit boring and really felt the waves and waves of enemies. K tuned out of the story by the climax but then to see how there was an extra ending for the base game tucked away with this dlc was an awful choice. I could be wrong and maybe it's been added to the base game ending as well but to bridge the next game, shouldn't be hidden behind a dlc.

The dlc just made me wish i was playing the base game instead which had much more interesting and varied combat.

How do you actually access the Intermission DLC on the Epic version? It's not hiding anywhere that is obvious on the title screen of the game.

I've literally just finished chapter 17 this afternoon and I have to say that the motorcycle boss went on for far too long compared to the original game. Fighting a boss that way made it different, but was the closest I got to getting game over.

Looks like no way to save between the final two bosses in Chapter 18, so will give that a go over the coming days when I have a bit more time as those bosses seem to have a fair few phases.

Finished the game tonight, didn't find the last two bosses too hard really, but then again I'd been purposely building my characters to perform certain roles.

Overall thoughts are great game, really enjoyed it and the last chapter has some stunning visuals and atmosphere and some nice post last battle scenes. However the price that they are charging for it on the Epic Games Store is vastly overpriced for what isn't a massively long game.

Now let's see how good Yuffie's quest is.

Hard mode is where the magic happens! A second playthrough can feel very rewarding as you get to grips with the spike in difficulty, managing your MP and dealing without items in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Agreed, I really appreciated the game mechanics a lot more in hard mode and you can skip past the fluff bits too now that you've already seen them :D

The late/post game VR stuff as well really pushes you to actually know what you're doing, The Weiss fight was ridiculous until I figured out what I was supposed to be doing, seeing people upload videos, beating him in well under a minute is madness :D

The battle mechanics are my favourite of any FF, and I wanted the game to still be turn based initially, but all things considered what they came up with is very cool.

Advertisement