Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foxhunter Pub Closed by Revenue ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

New windows going in yesterday.

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

I believe these guys are going in there

https://pressup.ie/bars/

Interesting....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

5555555555 wrote: »
    I believe these guys are going in there

https://pressup.ie/bars/

Interesting....

source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

My mate told me :pac:

We all live in Lucan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

Actually heard it was to be a bar/restaurant myself and that planning permission wasn't needed as that's what was there before

Who knows !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Saw an AMG Mercedes GWagon pulling in there around lunchtime, someone with deep pockets anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mary BS

Saw Gecko Catering Equipment Van in the Foxhunter Carpark today, this would suggest restaurant/ cafe on the site as suggested in previous post.
    Gecko supply catering equipment to commercial premises, so it looks promising for the area, finally....yippee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I heard it was pressup too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

It is pressup

" brand new digs now in The Slipper Bar, Glasnevin and Cherry Tree Pub, Walkinstown… stay tuned as Wowburger get set to open even more burger hotspots in The Foxhunter, Lucan

https://pressup.ie/happenings/wow-and-proud/

517162.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Ah FFS, the last thing we need in Lucan is another effin' fast food place.
    I'd heard it was Press Up but was hoping it would be Union Cafe or something like Dollard and Co or Elephant and Castle.

Instead ... a fancy chipper.
    To go with all the others that are in Lucan

Gotta say I'm disappointed with that. Looks like I'll have to keep heading out to Maynooth or the city centre for a decent meal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It probably will be a Union Cafe (or Elephant & Castle) - its FAR too big to be a standalone Wowburger.

They now run Wowburger delivery out of basically every kitchen they can get their hands on including all the Union Cafe/E&C kitchens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

L1011 wrote: »
    It probably will be a Union Cafe (or Elephant & Castle) - its FAR too big to be a standalone Wowburger.

They now run Wowburger delivery out of basically every kitchen they can get their hands on including all the Union Cafe/E&C kitchens

Funny you should say that I saw Wowburger and Elephent and castle show up on Just eat in lucan this evening and didn't know what to make of it.

I seriously doubt the kitchen is ready yet so I'd imagine they're being covered from the Captain Americas in Blanchardstown for now - looong waits if so.

megaten wrote: »
    Funny you should say that I saw Wowburger and Elephent and castle show up on Just eat in lucan this evening and didn't know what to make of it.

Hopefully that's the case.
    Anyway, tonnes of work to be done on the place. I reckon it won't be ready until Hallowen at the very earliest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I seriously doubt the kitchen is ready yet so I'd imagine they're being covered from the Captain Americas in Blanchardstown for now - looong waits if so.

Apparently there is a porta cabin there cooking the food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Brings a whole new meaning to the wow in wow burger. Provided they are nice I suppose it will build up a bit of demand for the place.

I imagine they will turn it into a kind of truck-stop. It could do well provided it's not crazy expensive.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

DopeTech wrote: »
    Brings a whole new meaning to the wow in wow burger. Provided they are nice I suppose it will build up a bit of demand for the place.

I imagine they will turn it into a kind of truck-stop. It could do well provided it's not crazy expensive.

Once trucks dont block the slip road

Once trucks dont block the slip road

The carpark should be big enough to hold a good few.

With no planning permission presumably

• Advertisement

Not so handy for trucks heading city bound.

Ok so I looked at the Elephant and Castle website and you can order for collection from the Foxhunter. Currently listed as closed and pre-order only.

With no planning permission presumably

Why would they need one? Foxhunter was allowed to serve food before.

Why would they need one? Foxhunter was allowed to serve food before.

A portakabin would need it regardless

A portakabin would need it regardless

Wonder how many building sites has that .

Wonder how many building sites has that .

Basically all of them would have permission for the site compound during construction

There is no permission for anything here as they are just refurbishing an existing pub.

The widespread idea that something being temporary means it doesn't need planning is entirely wrong. But I suspect SDCC would either not do anything or would take an eternity to do anything; by which time it'd be gone.

Basically all of them would have permission for the site compound during construction

There is no permission for anything here as they are just refurbishing an existing pub.

The widespread idea that something being temporary means it doesn't need planning is entirely wrong. But I suspect SDCC would either not do anything or would take an eternity to do anything; by which time it'd be gone.
    To be fair to them who is it harming? It's not as if the place is overlooked.

To be fair to them who is it harming? It's not as if the place is overlooked.

Issue with planning laws is that if you start ignoring them for one thing it becomes extremely hard to enforce them for another.

But that's what's done here a lot of the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭emo72

Seems to be going full pelt down there. I seen the wowburger van. It's that what it is? A burger place? Or is there a bar as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

There was also an Elephant & Castle van food truck there over the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I used to live out that direction many moons ago. The Foxhunter had a great Jazz Session at lunchtime on Sundays, a great buffet grub set up and a nice atmosphere, IMO.

The outside area is immense and on a good day was very pleasant to sit outside at the back. A kids playground in view of the adults was an added bonus. Then plenty of parking to the right of the site.

I do hope that whatever ends up there is a nice set up. We shall see.

emo72 wrote: »
    Seems to be going full pelt down there. I seen the wowburger van. It's that what it is? A burger place? Or is there a bar as well?

Its currently a delivery kitchen only; the bar licence wasn't renewed as of last months register update (there'll be a new one some time this week or early next week).

The windows that have gone in look rather cheap and cheerful which is a little concerning for the fitout - Press Up usually go high end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,719 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Got takeaway from Wowburger last night. Pretty decent burgers!

unkel wrote: »

E&C was good also. Got wings and ribs

We did the same last Saturday. Ordered on Friday night for Saturday evening but the order appeared to have been lost in the system as it wasn't ready when I got there.
    I could see why because they were flat out with deliveries for Just Eat and also people collecting. Roaring trade.
    Very happy with the food. Tasty and hot and I'd go there again rather than McDonalds for stuff like that.

Saw elsewhere that E&C, Wow Burger and also a Dollar & Co are going into the site? I guess it's big enough to accommodate all 3, particularly if Wow are just doing takeaway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,719 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

We got a large portion of the wings from E&C a few days before the burgers. They were decent too and also decent value for money. Not perfect though, the additional sauce had not enough real butter in it and its acidity was too high (not boiled off long enough). Apologies but I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to Buffalo wings :D

We got a large portion of the wings from E&C a few days before the burgers. They were decent too and also decent value for money. Not perfect though, the additional sauce had not enough real butter in it and its acidity was too high (not boiled off long enough). Apologies but I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to Buffalo wings :D

Avenue in Maynooth does the best wings. E&C are good but I didnt pure the sauce over them, just dipped them in.

Hudson room which does takeway from Palmerstown aren't bad either.

Avenue in Maynooth does the best wings. E&C are good but I didnt pure the sauce over them, just dipped them in.

Hudson room which does takeway from Palmerstown aren't bad either.

+1 on the Avenue wings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭leinster93

Interesting planning application for a 20 story building at the Foxhunter with an through road application to go through the Hermitage estate at the rear...
    http://www.sdublincoco.ie/Planning/Details?p=1&r=SD20A%2F0259&regref=SD20A%2F0259

There'll be war over that.

Applicant is, unsurprisingly, a Press Up Group associated company.

• Advertisement

From having a quick look at the proposed development, it breaches quite a number of regulations. Can't see the original proposal being allowed anyway.

I'd say the idea is put in for 20 storey and settle on 10 which is nuts all the same. The making of an acces point into an existing estate will no doubt cause war to an established estate which probably already has its difficulties on exiting the estate...

Heroditas wrote: »
    From having a quick look at the proposed development, it breaches quite a number of regulations. Can't see the original proposal being allowed anyway.

What regs would be breached?

There'll be war over that.

Applicant is, unsurprisingly, a Press Up Group associated company.

Back the road in Palmerstown on the Vincent Byrne site planning has been granted for a truly humungous build to rent apartment development. I know the site and the access and egress will be terrible at that junction.

So I wouldn't hold my breath about planning being ditched for the Foxhunter.

leinster93 wrote: »
    I'd say the idea is put in for 20 storey and settle on 10 which is nuts all the same. The making of an acces point into an existing estate will no doubt cause war to an established estate which probably already has its difficulties on exiting the estate...

I'd say they'd be happy to get everything else bar the 20 storey. 10 is still ridiculous given the rest of the buildings in the area. Just can't see it being allowed.

Back the road in Palmerstown on the Vincent Byrne site planning has been granted for a truly humungous build to rent apartment development. I know the site and the access and egress will be terrible at that junction.

So I wouldn't hold my breath about planning being ditched for the Foxhunter.
    Can the planning be appealed with An Botd Planala?

What regs would be breached?

Overlooking nearby properties.
    Out of proportion with the whole area
    Another simple one is inadequate car parking available, given the number of apartments. A certain number of parking spots must be provided, depending on the zone the development is in.
    Any planning engineer or architect worth their salt will be able to lodge a complaint that will shoot it down easily enough. They they'll revise and resubmit.
    However, if nobody objects, then it'll be approved.

Look at it this way - its taller than Liberty Hall. Imagine Liberty Hall sitting in that car park :D

Thanks, Liberty Hall puts it in perspective.

Can the planning be appealed with An Botd Planala?

Appealed to ABP and can go ahead.

Heroditas wrote: »
    Overlooking nearby properties.
    Out of proportion with the whole area
    Another simple one is inadequate car parking available, given the number of apartments. A certain number of parking spots must be provided, depending on the zone the development is in.
    Any planning engineer or architect worth their salt will be able to lodge a complaint that will shoot it down easily enough. They they'll revise and resubmit.
    However, if nobody objects, then it'll be approved.

Look at it this way - its taller than Liberty Hall. Imagine Liberty Hall sitting in that car park :D

Overlooking and "out of proportion" are not regulations, as such.

Parking wise, this would be a "intermediate urban location" on a high-density public transport route and hence not have parking requirements. This is why there's such a high bike parking provision.

This isn't Oakmounts first rodeo, basically.

• Advertisement
Advertisement