Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Peyton just can't wrestle she is clueless in there with Asuka

WTF the ref actually disqualified him for interference in a Tag Match when was the last time that ever happened in the WWE the 1980's?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm watching the Retribution angle on Youtube.

Jeeeeeesus. Slapjack, T-Bar and Mace? Could they not have got Yim a mask that fit either? She keeps pawing at it as she talks. I actually don't think the guys look bad, actually. Three big lads look decent. But the names are awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Slapjack and T-Bar :D Retribution out here looking like some third rate Slipknot tribute act, the state of them. Retribution, like Raw itself and the fight club, is the drizzling s*its!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Slapjack, T-Bar and Mace?

I can actually hear Vince in his voice giving them those names... like the time he met Droz and wanted to call him Puuuuuuuke... you're name is Puuuuuuuke.

You're Maaaaace, T-Baaaaaar, and Slapjaaaaack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The names are hilariously bad. As is the scripting. But in terms of in the ring there is ability there.

Pentecost wrote: »
    The names are hilariously bad. As is the scripting. But in terms of in the ring there is ability there.

Thats could be said so 90% of the roster. There's so many ultra talented people who get called up, have their legs swept out from under them with ****ty names and awful booking, and then Vince goes "None of these NXT guys draw!" and abandons them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well we kinda knew Dijakovic wasn't going to be keeping his name. Though we also didn't realise he would be playing the part of Connor from Ascension.
    Wonder who that woman with the blue hair is. It's so hard to tell with that mask. :rolleyes:
    At least with the guys they make more of an effort.
    With Dijakovic and Yim, maybe it'll turn out Keith Lee is really the leader.
    I will say the 2 bigger guys looked massive.

So did Rey sign a contract that would mean Raw would be 50% Mysterio? some superstars we see once or twice a night, but their story was throughout the whole episode.

I was confused during with regard the woman's match this Sunday. the way everyone was stepping up, it seemed more like a build to some kind of multi person match.

Oh and was that Pineapple Pete again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thats could be said so 90% of the roster. There's so many ultra talented people who get called up, have their legs swept out from under them with ****ty names and awful booking, and then Vince goes "None of these NXT guys draw!" and abandons them....

Keith Lee, case in point. New (worse) theme, new (worse) attire and booking...

https://twitter.com/johnreport/status/1308057199021895682

The name change is next. He'll be Limitless Lee in two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Like whats the point of a mask if you can still clearly see who it is, e.g. like yim.

Can't wait for Rey's daughter's forbidden romance storyline to kick off properly. Should be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,887 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't wait for Rey's daughter's forbidden romance storyline to kick off properly. Should be great.

Kane and Lita storyline part 2

Reys wife just stands there like someone baked out of there head

WWE doing there own version of West Side Story before Spielberg's big budget version gets released at Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Kane and Lita storyline part 2

Reys wife just stands there like someone baked out of there head

I think Bayley for Rey's wife :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

I'm watching the Retribution angle on Youtube.

Jeeeeeesus. Slapjack, T-Bar and Mace? Could they not have got Yim a mask that fit either? She keeps pawing at it as she talks. I actually don't think the guys look bad, actually. Three big lads look decent. But the names are awful.

they sound like villains from a teenage mutant ninja turtles episode in the 90s

What age is the daughter?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

She would have to be at least 18 with this storyline.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

19 I think?

Rey said 19 for anyone watching at home that was worried about feeling guilty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Officer999

Retribution are just a cheap knock off version of the Shield.

I'm not keen on it, seems creepy even though she is over 18

Rey must have got a big pay contract for him and his family

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Officer999 wrote: »

Worse they are a cheap knock off of aces and 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭ThePott

Oh god lord, Retribution.
    Dressed like Slipknot rejects and named like knock-off Transformers.
    What a disaster.

Raw Underground isn't much better. Dreadful episode.

I was thinking they were named like a TLC tribute when I heard T-Bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Officer999 wrote: »
    Loughc wrote: »
    Worse they are a cheap knock off of aces and 8.

Sanity is the correct answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

That was.. that may have been the worst 3 hours of wrestling I’ve watched,

There have been weeks that’s Vince has apparently rewritten right before that were better that this!

Poor Dijakovic, poor Yim, they deserve much better than this S-storm

bennyl10 wrote: »
    That was.. that may have been the worst 3 hours of wrestling I’ve watched,

There have been weeks that’s Vince has apparently rewritten right before that were better that this!

Poor Dijakovic, poor Yim, they deserve much better than this S-storm

I wonder what Keith lees opinion of his misses running around been a hellraiser

They took Dio off commentary when he was doing an amazing job and gave him that sh1t gimmick.

They also knock out Shane's heavy Dabba Kato in his first fight.

How to kill two monsters in seconds.

• Advertisement

1.7, 1.6, 1.5 so it stayed steady enough across the 3 hours just a weak viewership.

Hope King remembers to thank Dio for saving him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Why the **** have they mocked Dijak up as a ****ing ascension reject? What God awful sh1t.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder what Keith lees opinion of his misses running around been a hellraiser

Has Retribution attacked him yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

I've yet to torture myself by watching this week's Raw, but Retribution sounds like it's just rehash of the Nexus angle from 2010. I was under the impression they were the guys they fired back in April and that's why they're looking for retribution.

I've yet to torture myself by watching this week's Raw, but Retribution sounds like it's just rehash of the Nexus angle from 2010. I was under the impression they were the guys they fired back in April and that's why they're looking for retribution.

No Istead they're a bunch of NXT guys who've been under contract the whole time upset at not getting their dues...

But are now content with "signing a contract" with WWE and going by the names T-Bar, Mace and SlappyJacky

It's lazy pointless booking like this that ruin every single WWE storyline before it can develop.

Even underground had potential if it was all leading to building new stars... except nope it was designed to get Strowman over again... the man who has more pushes/stops since my 02 FIAT.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Loughc wrote: »
    No Istead they're a bunch of NXT guys who've been under contract the whole time upset at not getting their dues...

But are now content with "signing a contract" with WWE and going by the names T-Bar, Mace and SlappyJacky

It's lazy pointless booking like this that ruin every single WWE storyline before it can develop.

Even underground had potential if it was all leading to building new stars... except nope it was designed to get Strowman over again... the man who has more pushes/stops since my 02 FIAT.

I feel like Strowman will be the new Big Show who will flip flop between heel/face for the majority of his career with main event pushes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Slapjack and T-Bar :D Retribution out here looking like some third rate Slipknot tribute act, the state of them. Retribution, like Raw itself and the fight club, is the drizzling s*its!

IDK I was getting Bane from The Dark Knight Rises vibes, rather than Slipknot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I feel like Strowman will be the new Big Show who will flip flop between heel/face for the majority of his career with main event pushes etc

And same as Big Show, when the auld fella is passing through and sees him on the screen he'll stop and watch. Just the way of the world

I've never seen a man as confused as me "popping" when AJ Styles debuted at the Rumble. I explained how he was the best in the world to never be in WWE, to imagine a striker who spent years in the League of Ireland before getting a chance in the Premier League (exaggerating to make a point)

His response when AJ got knocked out well before the end - maybe he's Roy Keane getting his chance at Celtic :o

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    IDK I was getting Bane from The Dark Knight Rises vibes, rather than Slipknot.

https://twitter.com/TBARRetribution/status/1309240545504645120

• Advertisement

T-Bar's response is even better.

Bloated alcoholic, ouch!

That's a bit of a nasty comment to make really.

On TV, Retribution are awful.

But bloody hell, is Djokovic trying his hardest on social media to get it over. Absolutely savaged Jericho there.

Bloated alcoholic, ouch!

I've gone right off Jericho with his Covid-denying shíte, or giving a platform for it at least. He's a gowl.

Edit: I don't really care, Coulson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im a T Bar guy after that comment.

Jericho should have minded his own business. WWE were doing a bad job on their own, his interjection was petty and he got owned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Bad to worse for RETRIBUTION

All 5 members have to self-isolate due to close contact now. All tested negative but all have the same close contact.

Bad to worse for RETRIBUTION

All 5 members have to self-isolate due to close contact now. All tested negative but all have the same close contact.

Wouldn't surprise me if they get lost going back to there home planet

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement