Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,343 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Listening to this weeks Something to Wrestle and Prichard is back tracking like sum b1tch on everything negative he ever said about The Ultimate Warrior and is now praising him.

Working with Warriors wife now in the WWE he is to much of a coward to stand by original thoughts and words on Warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

This week's Retro Wrestle Chat we have a heated debate over our opinion on who was the better man Bret The Hitman Hart or Shawn Micheals we even did some promos of our own for the laugh dotted in there so check it out

also @Beakerjoe we're gonna do the Al Snow vs BBM next week :)

Here's this weeks episode thanks again to Beaker Joe for the recommendation any suggestions get them in lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Id love to hear a conrad podcast dedicated to ECW, obviously Heyman would be the ideal candidate with just the way he tells stories however I think Joey Styles would be alot nore honest and he was there for WWECW also

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Conrad ECW Podcast with Heyman would go like this:

Conrad: Meltzer says at this time you were going to push Sandman but after this poor match you decided against it, was this true?

Heyman: Well since Meltzer got all his ECW Gossip directly from me, that is 100 percent true.

Conrad:...So em, yeah, ok in the observer it also said you were not happy with Raven after this match also, is this true?

Heyman: Yes once again since I was talking directly to Dave everything that it's in the Observer about ECW at this time is true.

Conrad: Wait, wait I have to come up with my own questions and thoughts for this podcast? and not just read old Observers, take bits from them, and Masquerade them as questions?

Heyman: Yes.

Conrad: Okay that's a wrap on our show, go to save with Conrad for some great deals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

died with that ending punchline

Here's this weeks episode Kurt Angle vs Shane Mcmahon get in your suggestions guys

• Registered Users Posts: 37,877 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

jesus why are whatculture so ****ing loud and irritating on the review shows sometimes

This week we embarked on the absolute **** fest that was the Chamber of Horrors Match from Halloween Havoc 1991

hope you enjoy the watch guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTpFWhJ3IN4

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Chris Van Vliet got democratic nominee and wrestling fan Andrew Yang on his podcast. Interesting interview where he gets the boot into Vince over their stance on performers earning from third party platforms and other issues

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    jesus why are whatculture so ****ing loud and irritating on the review shows sometimes

I know, I was getting into whatculture podcasts, but the lad who shouts Retirbution! and Iconic! everytime has put me off. It's not funny and bloody annoying.

The host of WhatCulture ( Adam wilbourn) is quite likeable I think.. some of the contributors I find are a bit obnoxious and pompous and sometimes they are way too over the top in their criticism of wwe ( even if I often agree with most of it) And effusive praise of AEW

On the flip side, I like Gorilla Position as well but they so often go along with anything wwe pump out and are almost at pains to say how good the product is when it is anything but. This is a pod that gets Talent on regularly so I’d imagine they can’t be damning in the criticism

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jamieon

Jim cornette is the only man you should be listening to! ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

TimesArrow wrote: »
    On the flip side, I like Gorilla Position [...] This is a pod that gets Talent on regularly so I’d imagine they can’t be damning in the criticism

Jesus, so it's an ad!

Conrad is adding Madusa & Gerald Brisco to his podcast line up.

Conrad is adding Madusa & Gerald Brisco to his podcast line up.

Starting to scrape the barrel a bit now. Kind of sick of Conrad’s pods at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The only Conrad podcast I’m interested in is whenever Bruce gets fired again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Yeah im noticing alot or repetive stuff being said between both JR and Bruce's podcast at this stage.

I used to be a big listener but now not so much

The tone is so self satisfied and smug... and you get the impression there’s a lot of history being rewritten on these. I used to be mildly interested in Prichard, JR and to a lesser extent Bischoff, but have never had any interest in Schaivone or Anderson’s pods

Tom Prichard now added to Conrad’s podcast line up.

That is 3 new podcasts announced this week.

The bottom of the barrel has been reached now I think.

• Advertisement

TOM Prichard? Ha, nice. He might have some awesome new gen stories!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jaykhunter wrote: »
    TOM Prichard? Ha, nice. He might have some awesome new gen stories!

Was Jimmy Del Ray really a hit with the ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Mike chioda now with Conrad too

sky88 wrote: »
    Mike chioda now with Conrad too

Lol seriously??

https://youtu.be/ubyJwVHmfHY

Hey guys we're at episode 25 and this week we reviewed a proper classic Kota Ibushi vs Shinsuke Nakamura from Wrestling Kingdom 9

Thought Meltzer going on about ratings was bad enough, but him giving a beat-by-beat recap of being the elite is worse.

"So..um...The Young bucks are in a room...right, and then John silver walks in...no wait it was..no it was John Silver..anyway there in the room. Then the bucks say to John, "You're a mark" and this is funny because the other week John said this to them. "

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ciaran2054

If you’re sick of Meltzer and the Conrad Cartel and want to support an Irish Pod...

We just interviewed Ken Shamrock (24 hrs before his Impact title match this week with Rich Swann).

We cover MMA, early UFC, his entire WWF run and his current Impact run.

Check it out here:

Apple:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/scheduled-for-two-falls/id1508352210#episodeGuid=Buzzsprout-6546751

Buzzsprout:
    https://www.buzzsprout.com/995386/6546751

Spotify:
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/5IKFqA6HtDGTk4CsUK7lRv?si=pSTWqTxlRT2UewyMPMIQpw

We interviewed Raven on Wednesday evening. Surreal discussing angles and matches with a guy whose poster was on my bedroom wall in circa 1997!

We chatted about partying with Shane McMahon, Stevie Richards, Heyman, ECW and whether he’d take on a managerial role in AEW like some of his contemporaries.

Episode won’t be edited for a few days but here’s our podcast:

https://open.spotify.com/show/6zPgfltKyE6yOqBSUDVvtv?si=8mWjSCf0SB-2kZDcdxZCrw

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Chris Jericho has AC/DC's Brian Johnson & Angus Young on Talk Is Jericho tomorrow for a special episode.

• Advertisement

To put our own spin on the Undertaker celebration, we've decided to specifically deep dive into his World Title wins.

Fittingly, there are seven of them and each of them tell their own story of just where the Undertaker was in both his career and life at the time.

We'll tangle with Hulk Hogan on two occasions, we'll meet Sycho Sid and then we'll head to the most controversial PPV in wrestling history (the night Owen Hart died) as Taker battled Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Then we jump to the re-birth of Undertaker where he certainly had his greatest matches as an in ring performer and we meet Batista, Edge and CM Punk.

This is an episode like no other as Takers career jumps from the cartoonish, to the graphic, to the ridiculous and to the sublime.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/995386/6855025

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/scheduled-for-two-falls/id1508352210

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1T5Bb7RcyzbgycTI0QKvVs?si=zLALwwAPS9GvDDpo5FZ3XA

Advertisement