Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭cena

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Time to kill off Something to wrestle with now.

Tony hosting it again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Time to kill off Something to wrestle with now.

Tony hosting it again this week.

Have to agree, been fairly rough the past while with watch alongs, the aj recap episode , and roast episodes, miss the career retrospectives, JBL one was great.

Thankfully 83 weeks and Grilling JR are great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭NITRO95

https://soundcloud.com/prowrestlingonly/dot10final

We are back with episode 10 of Thunder and its the final stop before Uncensored. Is the Giant the bravest or dumbest man in WCW?

Would WCW really give away a huge World Title match on TBS just 3 days before a PPV?

Could WCW ruin our anticipation for the US Title Triple Jeopardy match?

You gotta listen to find out the answer to these and many more questions as well as our usual off topic ramblings.

Don't forget to give us your feedback here or on twitter @WCWThunderPod or to our personal accounts @thedaytodave @Malone_713 

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Finally, listen to one of the J.R. & Conrad podcast. It was about 2008 Draft.

It was pretty boring. Conrad just ran through the show with no enthusiasm and J.R. offers no insight in the process at all. It only gets good when they talk about J.R. bring drafted to Smackdown. There is also a ton of AEW talk and plugs for AEW this Saturday. Way to keep the show evergreen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Art of Wrestling is ending.

Colt is calling it a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Post Wrestling show has gone downhill, in my opinion. WWE is shìt but Pollock's criticism and general misery is over the top and a pain to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Post Wrestling show has gone downhill, in my opinion. WWE is shìt but Pollock's criticism and general misery is over the top and a pain to listen to.

Someone just railing on WWE is the most overdone and boring content available now.

The show is bad at the moment and John and Wai must find it hard to care. One thing I didn't like was John makings comments about AEW storytelling be better then WWE. I think we should wait to sew how AEW does it when they have a weekly show. It's not apples for apples at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Big fan of John and Wai, it's hard not to be so negative when it's such bad television consistently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Big fan of John and Wai, it's hard not to be so negative when it's such bad television consistently.

I watched the repeat the other night on Sky.
    It being supposedly Heyman's first night of input.
    I can't for the life of me realise how anyone could sit down to look at that show every week, especially live.
    If I was paid to I don't think I could, even if its not on late. That's all that was going through my head for over 2 hours as it ended around 20 minutes early.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

love John & Wai, I give money to their patreon. They're such troopers to both watch and analyse so much awful television, and come up with interesting viewpoints for discussion. I can't believe they're not way saltier. I would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

https://soundcloud.com/prowrestlingonly/days-of-thunder-prince-nakamakis-catering-preferences

The mysterious forces of the internet did not want us to record. But what do we say to the God of Skype? Not today! On the show this week:

*So much Jericho, for which we are thankful.

*Hennig vs. Duggan, for which we are not.

*Actual characterization in a main event story!

*Dave turns a corner on Buff Bagwell

As always, we’ll be back in two weeks for our next episode, and encourage people to watch the shows along with us and send us any thoughts or memories. You can drop us an email at either daysofthunderpod@gmail.com or wcwthunderpod@gmail.com.

Please feel free to follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/wcwthunderpod and continue the Thunder chat

You can also follow Dave http://twitter.com/thedaytodave or Lee http://twitter.com/malone_713

Special thanks to Keith Broni for the podcast art

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I have really been enjoying Lilian Garcia podcast lately. I like the fact that she does not have a set agenda of questions and lets her guest talk about anything.

Even this week she was talking to Nikki Cross on a lounge chair while she was drinking Starbucks which has a lot more of personal touch than doing it on Skype.

https://soundcloud.com/prowrestlingonly/days-of-thunder-that-big-goofy-spoon

With Spring Stampede 1998 right around the corner, Days of Thunder brings you a scorcher of a go home show:

*You want pre-tape promos? How about a million of them?

*A virtuoso Bagwell performance

*Bret didn't screw Lee. Lee screwed Lee.

As always, we’ll be back in two weeks for our next episode, and encourage people to watch the shows along with us and send us any thoughts or memories. You can drop us an email at either daysofthunderpod@gmail.com or wcwthunderpod@gmail.com.

Please feel free to follow us on Twitter twitter.com/wcwthunderpod and continue the Thunder chat

You can also follow Dave twitter.com/thedaytodave or Lee twitter.com/malone_713

Special thanks to Keith Broni for the podcast art and fine GIF work, and to Jack Layzell for our special outro

I thought Square circle gazette was done. But Liam O'Rourke was just busy getting married. I only listen to the Monday night war show but glad there going to finish that at least.

I'm listening to X-Pac 360 show about his time in TNA. Not great but Pac is honest about his drug use, he does talk over the host a bit do.

I listen to British Wrestling Experience on Post Network and Grapple Spotlight podcast. There a lot of cross over on the two shows. Having the same person on both shows and covering the same ground will do that.

But when the whole Sha/Josh Bodom attack a ref at a Rev Pro show thing happen. Both shows were very sympathetic to Sha. Saying that the body slam he gaved the Ref was well protected. I finally seen the footage of Sha's body slam on the Ref and can't see how anyone thinks he was well protected or how the ref had anytime to prepre for the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dannocasey

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if there is much interest in an Irish wrestling history podcast? After getting into wrestling podcasts a year or so ago, many of them mentioned here in this thread, I’ve been bitten by the nostalgia bug. So I’ve spent the last few months going through Irish newspaper archives and other sources (including threads on boards.ie) compiling lots of information about Irish wrestling.

Essentially my idea was to go through each decade from the 1920s onwards until the modern area. Each decade might be seen as a ‘season’ of the podcast series. One episode will give a broad overview of the decade and then for a few episodes (depending on content available) the show would examine events more closely in that decade.

Early episodes would cover the first wrestling events in Ireland in the 1930s, the first promoters running the shows here, stars like Dan O’Mahony and Steve Casey, and more. In the 1940s episodes items covered would include plans to build a stadium here by an English promoter to run regular events. Other things would include females banned from wrestling in the 1960s, multiple approaches to RTE to have a wrestling show in the 1970s and much more. Eventually we would get to the modern era but I envisage that would be quite a way off given all the content needed to go through first.

I was/am toying with the idea of a book as I will put all this research to some use (I hope) but I think a podcast may work well too, with the possibility of publishing something later. I’ve already got over 10,000 words done for my notes for the shows, and some early shows are almost fully drafted. I would have quite a few shows drafted before I started recording and releasing them so that I could keep ahead on content ready for release.

Obviously all this research, and then writing and recording a podcast, is quite a lot of work so I’m curious to gauge interest here. It’s quite a niche topic so I assume I’d be only tapping into the small group of Irish wrestling fans who listen to podcasts and not the huge numbers across the world that do.I’d probably feel like quite the jobber if I was getting 5 downloads a week, so let me know your thoughts on such a project and how it might be improved etc.

Apologies to the admins if you consider this a cheap /illegal plug but I have already started posting some content on the Irish Wrestling History facebook page if people want to see some historical stuff posted daily.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Wwe have jumped on the podcast train with the release of “After the bell” hosted by Corey Graves. Only started listening and he comes across quite well and had promised a “non corporate sanitized” pod every week...

https://soundcloud.com/wcwthunderpod/days-of-thunder-17-conspiracy-of-one

Days of Thunder #17: Conspiracy of One

The lords of Thunder sent us down a bad one this week folks, but your intrepid hosts are buoyed by the Thunder Buddies out there to get us over the line as we do our first ever Q&A to kick off, then settle down to discuss the 17th episode of Thunder:

*A video production team on all manner of drugs.

*A simply Perfect Rude and Hennig promo segment.

*The mat classic that was Duggan vs. Neidhart

*A man no one recignises still using disguises.

Please feel free to follow us on Twitter twitter.com/wcwthunderpod and continue the Thunder chat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

It's Lanza and co at Voices of Wrestling for me. The audio can be a bit off at times, and Lanza and Kraetsch have a bit of a habit of going around in circles on a topic, but it's compelling listening and Lanza does have a fantastic mind both for the business and for the business side of wrestling.

I listened to two of Corey Graves WWE Podcast. There noting to them really. Just quick interview with current talent, usually over the phone and noting to in depth or interesting. Not sure what the WWE can do really with there podcast's if this is the tone they take.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

jface187 wrote: »
    I listened to two of Corey Graves WWE Podcast. There noting to them really. Just quick interview with current talent, usually over the phone and noting to in depth or interesting. Not sure what the WWE can do really with there podcast's if this is the tone they take.

Sell ads, that’s the plan it seems. They’ll probably have the listenership by default to make them reasonably worthwhile to produce from a financial standpoint. But yeah, despite a promising first episode, it’s already pretty soulless. Even the ads don’t try and be self-aware, which is how you do ad reads on podcasts, the point is to personalise them so they don’t sound like traditional ads. From a production/marketing geek’s standpoint, it’s a massive let-down considering the access and potential they have. I can see myself giving up on it shortly tbh. But I will give the New Day show a go, that has potential if they just let the lads do their own thing.

https://soundcloud.com/wcwthunderpod/days-of-thunder-18-bland-bret-brawls-bangers

Welcome back one and all to a new episode of Days of Thunder, and whereas we don't have the worst episode to watch this time around, WCW certainly haven't made it easy on your faithful hosts. This week:

*The Torture Rack is Red & Black

*Too many squashes

*Lee turns a corner on Bret?

*The debut of a Hall of Fame entrance theme.

https://soundcloud.com/wcwthunderpod/days-of-thunder-19-the-ed-the-strangler-lewis-loophole

On the final Days of Thunder before Christmas, Dave and Lee earn their presents by wading through more of WCW's blue brand for your pleasure. Featuring:

*The Wolfpac looks to expand

*The Giant looks to a hideous choice of partner.

*Jericho looks to the Library of Congress

*Dave and Lee look to take a long break.

Fear not as your boys don't intend to let the Christmas season interrupt our schedule, as a very special couple of episodes are in our diaries for the holidays, as well as your regular Thunder episodes.

Please feel free to follow us on Twitter twitter.com/wcwthunderpod

https://soundcloud.com/prowrestlingonly/days-of-thunder-pick-your

Happy New Year Thunder Buddies and welcome to our second ever episode of Pick Your Poison, our mini-series where we take a special close up look at the career of a member of the Thunder roster. With Wrestle Kingdom fast approaching, we have drafted in our good pals Geoffrey (http://twitter.com/gdwessel) and Chris (http://twitter.com/BrasilianFury) of Strong Style Story (http://twitter.com/StrongStylStory) and Boom Goes The Dynamite here on PWO to talk one of our absolute favourites of all time: Chris Jericho! Our match card for this episode:

*Lionheart vs. Ultimo Dragon (WAR International Junior Heavyweight Title, WAR 3rd Anniversary- 7 July 1995)

*Chris Jericho vs. Sabu (ECW Extreme Warfare Vol.2- 2 August 1996)

*Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit vs. The Two Man Power Trip (WWF World Tag Team Titles, RAW is WAR- 21 May 2001)

*Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels (Wrestlemania XIX- 30 March 2003)

*Chris Jericho vs. Christian (WWE Intercontinental Title Ladder Match, Unforgiven- 12 September 2004)

*Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels

(WWE World Heavyweight Title Ladder Match, No Mercy- 5 October 2008)

*Chris Jericho vs. Kenny Omega (IWGP US Title No DQ, Wrestle Kingdom 12- 4 January 2018)

*Chris Jericho vs. Tetsuya Naito (IWGP Intercontinental Championship No DQ, Wrestle Kingdom 13- 4 January 2019)

Happy Tokyo Dome season folks, we'll be back in two weeks with our very special First Anniversary episode as we unveil the First Annual Thundie Awards!

You can drop us an email at either daysofthunderpod@gmail.com or wcwthunderpod@gmail.com.

https://soundcloud.com/wcwthunderpod/days-of-thunder-anniversary-show-the-1st-annual-thundies

Ladies and gentleman, they said it couldn't be done.

Here we are celebrating one year on the air as Days of Thunder! So we took the occasion to sit back and take stock of the highlights and lowlights of Thunder and the podcast so far as Dave and Lee have a Birthday beverage or two.

In addition, we run down our first annual Thundie Awards, celebrating all things Thunder. We run down the categories on the show, but we need YOU to help us out determining winners in each category. What do you have to do?

1. Listen to the show.

2. Give us a follow at http://twitter.com/daysofthunder

3. Every day between this podcast and our recording of episode 21 we'll post a poll for each category for the Thunder Buddies to choose the winner.

The Year in Thunder has been made up of 20 regular episodes, 5 PPVs and 2 Pick Your Poison Specials, and we couldn't do it without your support so thank you all from the bottom of our hearts, and onward to 2020!

We'll be back in two weeks with a brand new episode of Thunder, getting back into the regular shows!

You can drop us an email at either daysofthunderpod@gmail.com or wcwthunderpod@gmail.com.

Please feel free to follow us on Twitter twitter.com/wcwthunderpod

https://soundcloud.com/wcwthunderpod/days-of-thunder-the-great-american-bash-1998

Days of Thunder returns to your regularly scheduled programme. It's June 1998 and we're ready to salute some flags and cheer some grapplebois. On this week's show:

*The results of the Inaugural Thundies are in!

*What thread connects Reese and Michael Jordan?

*Bret becomes "Bret"

*An important adjudication on the Martial Arts Division

https://soundcloud.com/wcwthunderpod/days-of-thunder-21-a-top-secret-press-conference

In our first actual episode of Thunder for this year, we try our able best to muster some enthusiasm for a show that didn't feel too bothered in the first place. This week:

*The miraculous healing power of Mongo.

*A single hip toss being the highlight of an entire show.

*Something may have happened somewhere with a press conference, but who's to say?

*Goldberg takes on Giant Steve Blackman in the main event.

• Advertisement

https://soundcloud.com/wcwthunderpod/days-of-thunder-23-stevie-ray-liger

Ladies and gentlemen, Days of Thunder returns to you to cover BY FAR the worst episode of Thunder yet seen by your fearless hosts. We put out the call to our Thunder Buddies to provide us with Q's to A to lift our spirits. Listen in this week to hear all of the following and more:

*What Serie A footballers would make good title challengers against the Thunder roster?

*Our desert island dvds

*Does Tony know what a sidewalk slam is?

*Does WCW know what wrestling is?

We also (briefly) refer to the elephant in the room but promise you that going forward, Days of Thunder will be your safe space to come and have a laugh at two Irish lads losing their minds watching the wrestling. We love you, we are with you, and we hope you are all safe. If we can survive Thunder, we can survive anything 3

Advertisement