Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Loved Austin and Bret

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Busted Open radio is pretty good. Been on it the last few weeks

Can’t listen to Pritchard anymore. His utter bitterness has long gone too far and I can’t ignore it anymore. Not when there is so many other good shows out there. We get it, you don’t like Mrltzer or Japan.

Pollock and Wai best thing out there for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Thought Prichards venis and steamboat episodes were quite good to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I just always find his meltzer bashing as I always have as covering for the fact he was a source

While I don’t feel it’s a must listen to podcast anymore I still enjoy working my way through them

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

bot43 wrote: »
    Can’t listen to Prichard anymore. His utter bitterness has long gone too far and I can’t ignore it anymore.

Duuuuude it's a difficult listen. It's great to get some backstage info but you definitely have to take it with a pinch of salt. He refuses to admit fault when things turn out awful (lack of humility is a massive turn off), spouting "f**k Dave Meltzer".... and conrad's like "now let's read what Meltzer had to say."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I stopped listening after Bruce went back to WWE. I assume he doesn't talk about the current product?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,545 ✭✭✭✭briany

I love Something to Wrestle With when they're doing the Ask Bruce episodes. Sure, many may not like the man, but I can't think of anyone who's been as long at that company and been a right-hand man to Vince like he has. He has lots of interesting insights.

I know he and Jim Cornette had a falling out, but to be honest who hasn't Jim Cornette fallen out with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I like his **** Dave Meltzer stuff to be honest. I think Conrad is a great interviewer. Can listen to him all day.

Stopped 83 weeks as I found his chief to be repetitive. Grilling JR is great when JR talks about wrestling and not his boner.

Gave Arn show a go but not a big fan for whatever reason. Even though Schiavone has the voice of an older Bruce Matheson mever got into what happened when. Alot of watch along stuff.

Don't listen to fam podcasts. Found Austin not to be a great interviewer goes off on weird tangents and doesn't press the issue. Jericho I stopped listening to a long time ago.

Cornette I recently gave a shot, find him quite enjoyable, it's no wonder though he worked and got fored from nearly every wrestling company under the sun, incredibly insightful but incredibly stuck in his ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I have no interest in hearing Cornette talk about modern wrestling. If he was reviewing Great American Bash 89 or something I'd be more tempted to give it a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,545 ✭✭✭✭briany

cian68 wrote: »
    I have no interest in hearing Cornette talk about modern wrestling. If he was reviewing Great American Bash 89 or something I'd be more tempted to give it a listen.

Cornette's a bit like Joe Rogan in that the podcasts tend to go on for 2 or 3 hours and it's best to listen to the highlights on Youtube. But his scathing analysis of current wrestling can be very funny, like his appraisal of Kenny 'Olivier' Omega and the 'Young F*cks', and most of what WWE does. But he's also quick to praise what he does like. Like, he thinks Cody Rhodes is a great wrestler, and he called the Rousey/Angle v. Steph/HHH match a perfect one. Whether criticising or praising of current stuff, his analysis is passionate, but not a fan of waxing lyrical about 'the Rock'n'Roll'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,774 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cant stand that Grim Experience guy with the glasses on YouTube

Loud drunken obnoxious a hole

https://youtu.be/tFavVu646TU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭NITRO95

https://soundcloud.com/wcwthunderpod/days-of-thunder-pick-your-poison-ric-flair

Yes folks, it's that time again as we take a detour off Thunder Road to bring on a guest to take a closer look at a member of our roster on Pick Your Poison!

On this episode we are joined by the one and only Jamesie ( http://twitter.com/jamesie_2015 ) from POST Wrestling's excellent British Wrestling Experience to sit around the virtual table and talk about some prime cuts from the career of Ric Flair! Join three salty vets as they discuss these fantastic matches:

*11 April 1987- Crocket Cup 1987, Ric Flair vs. Barry Windham (Dave)

*7 May 1989- Wrestle War 89, Ric Flair vs. Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat (Jamesie)

* 15 November 1989- Clash of the Champions IX, Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk I QUIT (Lee)

*24 February 1991- Wrestle War 91, The Four Horsemen (Flair, Windham, Vicious) & Larry Zbyszko vs. Brian Pillman, The Steiner Brothers & Sting WAR GAMES (Dave)

*19 January 1992- The 1992 Royal Rumble (Jamesie)

*16 June 1993- Clash of the Champions XXIII, Ric Flair & Arn Anderson vs. The Hollywood Blonds (Lee)

Make sure to look for POST Wrestling and the British Wrestling Experience with Jamesie along with Martin and Benno on your podcast provider of preference, you will not be disappointed!

We'll be back in one week for Thunder Episode 25, and encourage people to watch the shows along with us and send us any thoughts or memories. You can drop us an email at either daysofthunderpod@gmail.com or wcwthunderpod@gmail.com.

Please feel free to follow us on Twitter twitter.com/wcwthunderpod and continue the Thunder chat

You can also follow Dave twitter.com/thedaytodave or Lee twitter.com/malone_713

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Heath Slater was on Lilian Garcia show. He seems like a nice guy that lacked self confidence to become a top star.

I always thought he was great with whatever storyline that they thrown at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,966 ✭✭✭cena

What is happening with Austin's podcast? full of repeats these days

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The revival are this weeks guests on Jerichos podcast. I stopped listening to his podcast a while back but I'll have to listen to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey guys so I run a YouTube channel about pop culture bits , movies, action figures and other things tonight I launched a weekly wrestling show

the premise is basically the 3 of us are gonna watch a classic match and come on and discuss it on the show wasn't sure where to post it so hope here is okay

1st episode is Bret vs Austin from WM13 would love if some of you dropped a sub , and some comments for suggestions for future episodes too

Whatculture are gone some moaning bastards on there review podcasts

https://soundcloud.com/wcwthunderpod/days-of-thunder-26-late-night-with-eric-bischoff

The podcast streak continues as we hit nine weeks straight of new weekly podcasts for the locked down Thunder Buddies. This week we return to our 1998 timeline where Thunder has been off air for two weeks so we have no idea what's going on (unusual for us, right?). On the plate this week:

*Lee continues his MCU first time viewings, Dave has been under a washing machine

*Eric Bischoff goes mad with power...again.

*The haunting consequences of the ten-punch spot

*A battle to translate Hogan and Rick Steiner promos.

We’ll be back in one week with Lee's second Retro PPV choice, the infamous Bash at the Beach 1996, and in the meantime encourage people to watch the shows along with us and send us any thoughts or memories. You can drop us an email at either daysofthunderpod@gmail.com or wcwthunderpod@gmail.com.

Please feel free to follow us on Twitter twitter.com/wcwthunderpod and continue the Thunder chat

Our newly launched blog 'Beyond The Thunder Road' is at http://wcwthunderpod.wordpress.com where you can expect new content soon, and we are now on Instagram at http://instagram.com/wcwthunderpod

You can also follow Dave twitter.com/thedaytodave or Lee twitter.com/malone_713

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I thought it was a great episode, it was more learning about Owen Hart as a person rather than taking about the tragedy.

I have always found Martha reasons for Owen to not go into WWE HOF understandable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

WWE trying to sue Martha because "dying was breaking Owen's contract" was pretty disgusting and tells you all you need to know about why Martha wants no part of that circus.

Episode 2 of Wrestling Retro talk is up and this week we're talking about Undertaker vs HBK from Mania 25 hope you enjoy it guys and always open to suggestions for future episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ciaran2054

I thought it was a great episode, it was more learning about Owen Hart as a person rather than taking about the tragedy.

I have always found Martha reasons for Owen to not go into WWE HOF understandable.

She seemed very open to Owen being honoured with NJPW which would be very cool.

Hey guys our next Retro Wrestle Chat is up would appreicate you guys checking it out :)
    We go over Omega vs Okada at Dominion 2018

pretty good episode this week with the Undertaker been interviewed

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4g3a2GBxb61n8AkYAgX3dr?si=ELjH5bnbRR6QujR_z9Ty2Q

https://soundcloud.com/wcwthunderpod/days-of-thunder-28-half-an-arena-away?ref=clipboard

After a difficult break away, Days of Thunder is back to give you all the WCW a body could need:

*Dave's family are clearly keen listeners

*Among the more tragic lacklustre debuts

*Mean Gene and Brain feel their oats

*Some occasional wrestling

[Note from Dave: Just dropping a content warning for the first 9/10 minutes of the show, as in the fallout of recent events we discuss mental health and refer to acts of assault and harassment]

We’ll be back in two weeks talking Thunder ep. 29, and encourage people to watch the shows along with us and send us any thoughts or memories. You can drop us an email at either daysofthunderpod@gmail.com or wcwthunderpod@gmail.com.

Our newly launched blog 'Beyond The Thunder Road' is at wcwthunderpod.wordpress.com where you can expect new content soon, and we are now on Instagram at instagram.com/wcwthunderpod

You can also follow Dave twitter.com/thedaytodave or Lee twitter.com/Malone_713

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I stopped listening to 83 weeks because of the Meltzer Bashing from Eric a while ago.

Saw he did one on his time in WWE last year. Jesus Christ, all Conrad does it's read something Meltzer wrote and Eric goes on about how stupid he is. Surely Conrad can ask a bloody question without the need to quote whatever Meltzer wrote that week and we might have a decent show.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

jface187 wrote: »
    I stopped listening to 83 weeks because of the Meltzer Bashing from Eric a while ago. Saw he did one on his time in WWE last year. Jesus Christ, all Conrad does it's read something Meltzer wrote and Eric goes on about how stupid he is. Surely Conrad can ask a bloody question without the need to quote whatever Meltzer wrote that week and we might have a decent show.

Yeah, Dave-bashing is a huge turn-off (same with Prichard's shows)

Conrad: here's what dave meltzer wrote
    Guest: f*** Dave Meltzer
    Conrad: ...now let's read more from Dave Meltzer

Nevermind the awful personal quality of never being able to admit mistakes/show humility (that arrogant "everything i did was great" approach) but it's bad form to bash someone who's providing the backbone to practically your entire series.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Even for someone like me who thinks meltzer is full of crap the constant f Dave is very tiresome and just brings down a podcast that has dipped in quality anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Prichard has been a bigger dick than usual since going back to the WWE nice to see someone call him out.

Nick Aldis responds to Prichard's comments on him.
    Hi
    @bruceprichard

Your ignorant comments about me had me at an all-time low, kind of like your Raw ratings. However, there are a few hall-of-famers that seem to have a different opinion. Some of which are even featured below.

PS, I'll be live on
    @BustedOpenRadio
    tomorrow AM.

https://twitter.com/RealNickAldis/status/1287557901113012225?s=20

Advertisement