Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »
    Hey Ciderman, have you played Return Fire 2 on PC?

Nope, is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nope, is it any good?

Never played it. Just came across a bit of info on it there this evening. Quick Google and I've got the full game now(less than 80mb).
    It's an old game so needs a bit of messing around to get running. I'll see if i can get it going properly later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Decided to pop up to Tesco Dundrum to pick up one of the PSPs atavan spotted a while ago.

3JO50unl.jpg

Still another four on the shelf. Worth 50 bills for sure.

While in Dundrum I decided to pick up a few games to play on it. These were in HMV.

eFbGv1ql.jpg

And as I was queuing I spotted this behind the counter, easily bargain of the day.

MxWaXwsl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Nope, is it any good?

It's a bit buggy, and the sound sucks as I had to record it on my iPhone as I couldn't get the screen capture to do it.

I'll try get it going properly as it might be ok and has LAN multi-player and possible internet multi-player as well. Which could be interesting :)

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Decided to pop up to Tesco Dundrum to pick up one of the PSPs atavan spotted a while ago.

Still another four on the shelf. Worth 50 bills for sure.

Not as good a deal as first thought. Battery is DOA and won't charge. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Gamestop was good to me today.
    Got a new copy of Resident Evil Revelations for 19.97 and, to my surprise, they had a copy of Time Crisis 4 with a GCon 3 for 15.
    Happy with that.

Finally! :D

Is it the original Time Crisis 4 with the additional FPS game on the disc?

You should also get the disc which has Time Crisis 4 Arcade (No FPS game), Time Crisis Razing Storm and Dead Storm Pirates.

I'm pretty sure I saw that for €2.50 in one of the cex shops in Cork recently.

Correction: the original Time Crisis 4 disc is €2.50
    Raizing storm + dead storm pirates + time crisis 4 adcade is €4.

If its out of stock in Dublin i'll pick it up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Some tesco bargains acquired today...

315129.jpg

Official Sony PS3 Blu Ray Remote control priced at €25,
    Soul Caliber 3 for PS2 priced at €5 or €10.

Both scanned for the pricely sum of €1 each at the checkout! ;)

RpUD1su.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's the full version that comes with the gun.
    I already have Raizing Storm.
    It's a pity more games didn't support the GCon 3 format, after the GCon/GunCon series set the standard for light guns in each previous hardware generation.
    I just don't find the big goofy Move controller to be an effective gun analogue, regardless of which frankly stupid casing you wrap it up in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Atavan, I wouldn't mind one of those GC->GBA cables if you can put my name on one? :)

Woohoo!

Just won Steel Battalion, having sold my previous one to Alphaeagle in a moment of madness, along with both games for only €50 on fleabay.
    I am getting the brother in law to bring it over from the UK for free with the courier company he works for, so everythings coming up Millhouse for Ciderman!

• Advertisement

Undoubtedly this will be coming up for sale again in the Marketplace in the not too distant future :(
    I just thought I'd get that posted before Myrddin does it for me :(:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Myrddin wrote: »
    Atavan, I wouldn't mind one of those GC->GBA cables if you can put my name on one? :)

Sure thing!

Sure thing!

Grand, will sort something out with you re collecting it soon. Thanks dude

sugarman wrote: »
    Leave it overnight, mine wasnt used in several years and wouldnt charge after 4/5hrs.. left it on a good 24hrs+ and it eventually showed some life, wasnt great now but got 1.5-2hrs out of it.

Nah, it's properly gone. Swollen by released gas, wouldn't want to risk leaving it plugged in. Guess that's what you get when it's sitting in a Tesco warehouse for six years.

Snagged a higher capacity battery on eBay this morning for €6 delivered from China so I guess I'll just have to play it plugged into the mains until that arrives.

Anyone got any recommendations on Memory Stick Duo sources? How big should I go?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Couple more game related gets. Soon as I'm finished Zelda I'll get stuck into Cave Story. Never gave the PC version much time but more likely to on the handheld I reckon, heard nothing but good things about this version.

4jcOjHp.jpg

cbP1YXO.jpg

Where did you pick up Cave Story 3D Andrew? That's fairly uncommon isn't it?

Where did you pick up Cave Story 3D Andrew? That's fairly uncommon isn't it?

Ebay. Tried the usual places but not a sign of it, Ciderman probably got the last one from a bricks&mortar ages ago. Was no more than a full priced game though so happy out.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Ciderman probably got the last one from a bricks&mortar ages ago.

Ah grand, I'll hang on so until he has it for sale in the marketplace...

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Nah, it's properly gone. Swollen by released gas, wouldn't want to risk leaving it plugged in. Guess that's what you get when it's sitting in a Tesco warehouse for six years.

Snagged a higher capacity battery on eBay this morning for €6 delivered from China so I guess I'll just have to play it plugged into the mains until that arrives.

Anyone got any recommendations on Memory Stick Duo sources? How big should I go?

Tesco sourced a new battery for me when I bought a psp with a swollen battery.. although that was nearly 2 years ago.

No harm in seeing if they will do the same.

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Tesco sourced a new battery for me when I bought a psp with a swollen battery.. although that was nearly 2 years ago.

No harm in seeing if they will do the same.

Hmmm... Might ask them so. Wouldn't expect much though as it was reduced to clear, I assume I was buying it as is.

• Advertisement

Ah grand, I'll hang on so until he has it for sale in the marketplace...

:pac:

Ha, very good.... :(

Actually, it's probably the rarest of the 3DS titles and I can only see it get more expensive.

I was in CEX Santry yesterday and saw nothing I wanted there.
    PS2 stuff looking a bit thin.
    My son picked up Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts for four euro though which is ok.
    Lots of ex Argos stock behind the counter though, with a good markup, Pokemon typing Adventure for example at 26 of so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Decided to join the ps vita club today.

GameStop, of all places, have this bundle for €149 so decided to take the plunge. It's the Wifi/3G model.

197E150F-B291-45E9-8A50-516EE38B6D84_zpsfi4xg0ig.jpg

God damit, I'm only back from my Holidays, stop making me want more stuff.

marko93 wrote: »
    God damit, I'm only back from my Holidays, stop making me want more stuff.

If you're going to be a regular visitor to this forum expect to see stuff you want to buy all the time!

If you're going to be a regular visitor to this forum expect to see stuff you want to buy all the time!

I plan on sticking around :p

I'm used to seeing stuff I want, I seem to have some expensive hobbies :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

All these Ps Vita and 3ds posts are making me seriously consider buying one, though Ive never been much of a handheld gamer other than a bit of pokemon.

I already have a ps4 and dont currently have any nintendo system other than the old chunky DS.

But at the same time I also need a new ps4 controller and afaik the ps vita can be used as one so Im seriously torn!

Which one would yee recommend?

I'd say go for the 3DS, I have them both and love them both but the 3DS XL is amazing and we'll worth the money.
    Keep an eye on Adverts and get one cheap too, I think I paid 90 for mine.
    A Vita is only going to get cheaper too, so be patient!

The 2DS may be worth a look too! Personally have the XL, but strongly considering a 2DS too!

marko93 wrote: »
    The 2DS may be worth a look too! Personally have the XL, but strongly considering a 2DS too!

Nope, my son has one and I wouldn't honestly recommend one over a 3DS XL.
    Particularly when considering some very impressive 3D games like Super Mario 3D Land and Kirbys Triple Trouble.

• Advertisement

I'd say go for the 3DS, I have them both and love them both but the 3DS XL is amazing and we'll worth the money.
    Keep an eye on Adverts and get one cheap too, I think I paid 90 for mine.
    A Vita is only going to get cheaper too, so be patient!

€90 for an XL? Was it working? :P Super price that.

Though choice TheStook. Both are great machines imo.

Do you have a PS+ subscription? If you do then you'll at least get the 'free' games each month (although you're not guaranteed to like them ofc) and also that cross-buy ability. I don't have a PS4 myself so can't say how great a replacement controller it would be - the Vita only has 2 (not that great) shoulder buttons as opposed to 4 on the PS4 controller. Otherwise the unit is a great machine, the thumb sticks are great too, amazing screen.

The 3DSXL (don't bother with non-XL) is superb. Not so long ago I wasn't bothered by it and got the Vita instead. But once I actually did some research on the games available, specifically seeing 3D Land in action, I went out and got the Yoshi edition and haven't regretted it for a second. I got it new in Argos for €190 I think, it's €175 now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement