Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah its nuts how amazing the Jap artwork is on almost every game compared to the PAL and US!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I'm slowly working towards a collection of ntsc-j Zelda games released on cartridge. Few more to get though, but the artwork is amazing. I'll post a picture of the story so far when I get my arse off the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

My Everdrive N8 for the Famicom arrived today. Not happy with the blue case so will find something a bit better I think.

052aaa.jpg

Also got Metroid for the FDS.

06cf3d.jpg

Let's know how that Everdrive works out, thinking of picking one up. What colour shell are you thinking of getting?

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Let's know how that Everdrive works out, thinking of picking one up. What colour shell are you thinking of getting?

Will let ya know how it goes. I'll either get a nice clean game cart and install it in that or get shapeways to print me up something funky on their high end 3D printers. My 3D printer isn't good enough to print out a finished product I'd be happy to display.

I might grab this 3D model, change it a bit and get it printed.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:117607

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Steve SI wrote: »
    Will let ya know how it goes. I'll either get a nice clean game cart and install it in that or get shapeways to print me up something funky on their high end 3D printers. My 3D printer isn't good enough to print out a finished product I'd be happy to display.

I might grab this 3D model, change it a bit and get it printed.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:117607

Any examples of anything you have ordered from shapeways before? I would like to see them in the Gets thread.

You've been awfully quiet about that 3D printer too btw! :p

waveform wrote: »
    Any examples of anything you have ordered from shapeways before? I would like to see them in the Gets thread.

You've been awfully quiet about that 3D printer too btw! :p

Not much to say about the printer really. I've had it a couple years now and use it for some of my non retro projects and general messing about. the print resolution isn't high enough for anything fancy so you need to sand down print jobs to get a fine finish to them. It's a makerbot replicator.
    I'm hoping to replace it with a Form 1 later in the year if I can confirm I won't have issues getting the print material(it uses liquid rather than plastic rolls).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Not really videogame related but definitely retro related.

10174861_10204600578957220_8810501812031853354_n.jpg

Got the red ranger delivered and have the stand from an older purchase from Dublin City Comics.

These Figuarts figures are expensive but well worth the money... they are so articulate! These are grown up big boy toys for display... or so I like to tell myself anyway.

If any of you guys are into collecting toys for display I definetely recommend that you check out the SH Figuarts line, they do plenty of videogame related stuff too.

Like this Mario:
    http://www.toywiz.com/shfigsupmarbro.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Nice, I collect the Masterpiece Transformers. I usually buy off kapow over in the UK, got murdered on import tax from a us site before. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Not sure if reference 'Green with Evil' arc, or the fact that Frank never misses an opportunity to diss St.John publicly.

• Advertisement

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Not sure if reference 'Green with Evil' arc, or the fact that Frank never misses an opportunity to diss St.John publicly.

Hrmm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

So I somehow remembered the other day that I had a few sega's and an NES in my grannies house and since I only got into collecting recently enough I gave them a call and asked my grandad would he mind having a look in the attic and he said sure no problem. So I get excited as a little girl at the prospect of finding all my old games, I had so many Rpg's from a massive lot my dad bought me that I never played as a kid. I definitely recall a few megaman games and I had so many sonic games on the sega that Im itching to play.

Anyway he calls me back and says this is all he found.- https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/515526/314879.jpg

They gave the lot of it away to my cousins. Ive never hated my cousins more in my life. Damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Picked this up in Argos for €7. More a tech demo really, but again at those prices I'll buy. This would have been a €45 launch title...madness.

wqqzw3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

MrVestek wrote: »
    Hrmm?

Was wondering if Red and Green going at it was a reference.

TheStook wrote: »
    So I somehow remembered the other day that I had a few sega's and an NES in my grannies house and since I only got into collecting recently enough I gave them a call and asked my grandad would he mind having a look in the attic and he said sure no problem. So I get excited as a little girl at the prospect of finding all my old games, I had so many Rpg's from a massive lot my dad bought me that I never played as a kid. I definitely recall a few megaman games and I had so many sonic games on the sega that Im itching to play.

Anyway he calls me back and says this is all he found.- https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/515526/314879.jpg

They gave the lot of it away to my cousins. Ive never hated my cousins more in my life. Damn

And that's the most infuriating game I played on my Master System! Arrrgghh!

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Was wondering if Red and Green going at it was a reference.
    More to the Evil Green Ranger eps as opposed to real life drama.

Or y'know... cus it looks cool. :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Picked up just one more in Tesco today.
    Transformers Cybertron Adventures for the Wii, not supposed to be awful, solid little game and worth the 5 euro and the energy to dig through the games piled up behind the regular game shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

keithgeo wrote: »
    Nice, I collect the Masterpiece Transformers. I usually buy off kapow over in the UK, got murdered on import tax from a us site before. Never again.

I googled that site... and then promptly deleted it from memory, for the sake of my wallet.

haha yeh its expensive alright!

Got these two today from "cdjapan"

20140717_161708.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Picked up just one more in Tesco today.
    Transformers Cybertron Adventures for the Wii, not supposed to be awful, solid little game and worth the 5 euro and the energy to dig through the games piled up behind the regular game shelf.

Actual, it is an awful, not solid little game and it is not worth €5.
    To CEX!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

keithgeo wrote: »
    Got these two today from "cdjapan"

I was admiring the Yoshi one, came across it somewhere, were they dear? It's super cute, didn't even know there was a peach one

Sera wrote: »
    I was admiring the Yoshi one, came across it somewhere, were they dear? It's super cute, didn't even know there was a peach one

Smyths in Blanchardstown have the whole set, Yoshi, Peach, Luigi and Mario, they are full price though, €44.99 a piece, so there's the guts of the price of a WiiU right there for a set of controllers!
    But they are wonderful....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Got this awesome lot of CDi stuff today, you can't believe how much fun I'm gonna have :)

14655103946_0383808089_c.jpg

Couple of dups as well so expect to see them in the Marketplace soon..

Got this awesome lot of CDi stuff today, you can't believe how much fun I'm gonna have :)

14655103946_0383808089_c.jpg

Couple of dups as well so expect to see them in the Marketplace soon..

Actually, I know exactly how much fun you're going to have.
    Not much at all is the likely answer. ;)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Smyths in Blanchardstown have the whole set, Yoshi, Peach, Luigi and Mario, they are full price though, €44.99 a piece, so there's the guts of the price of a WiiU right there for a set of controllers!
    But they are wonderful....

I got these one's off cdjapan cost me 65 for the two including delivery, think delivery was 15 with a tracking number and insurance etc, there was a cheaper delivery rate but it took longer to arrive and not insured.

Now there's two words I thought I'd never see in the one sentence.

How does Mad Dog Mcree play on the CD-I?

Looks like one of the better games there.

I noticed you pulled a Steve SI with the few games to the right of the pic! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

How does Mad Dog Mcree play on the CD-I?

Looks like one of the better games there.

I noticed you pulled a Steve SI with the few games to the right of the pic! :)

I assume its a ball of crap like all the rest :)

But for £1 each I couldn't resist. Will sell off the dups later on - don't all rush as once.

Also picked up a GCW Zero console today but need to play around with it for a while before posting further on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How does Mad Dog Mcree play on the CD-I

It's pretty much broken. Every tie you take a shot the ame pauses for 10 seconds to load the next animation. It's not even playable. The later laser disc conversions are a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I'm slowly working towards a collection of ntsc-j Zelda games released on cartridge. Few more to get though, but the artwork is amazing. I'll post a picture of the story so far when I get my arse off the couch.

I'm doing something similar. I'm working towards a complete Zelda collection, from start to finish (carts & discs)...everything boxed & in good condition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement