Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

MrVestek wrote: »
    YOU HAVE TO LOG IN YOURSELF AFTER GETTING THE SMS / EMAIL? THE HORROR!

Eh no, there is no email or SMS that notifies you when they have received the package and put it in your account with the picture.

Read my post probably! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

waveform wrote: »
    Read my post probably! ;)

Ok I probably will...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

They need an app...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's a white hole

A white hole???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I get a notification that my package, snigger, has arrived with the location and a code to open the locker to collect.
    Am I missing something?
    What could be simpler?
    Afaik there is only a small window between being received at the Belfast depot and being shipped to your local Motel. Not much room for tracking.
    Plus it'd just add to the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think what he's talking about is getting a notification when they take the photo of the package when they get it, as well as the notification when it's in the PM.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think what he's talking about is getting a notification when they take the photo of the package when they get it, as well as the notification when it's in the PM.

Ah, I understand, still don't know why though.
    Is it typical for courier companies to provide photos of goods to prove they are undamaged in their care?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Parcel Motel really do need an app though. I've no problem with the notifications or anything but an app for topping up etc would be very handy

I'd imagine there is one on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Parcel Motel really do need an app though. I've no problem with the notifications or anything but an app for topping up etc would be very handy

I'd imagine there is one on the way

The mobile page isnt bad at all and allows you to do anything the normal site does.
    But yes an app would be nice.

Steve SI wrote: »
    The mobile page isnt bad at all and allows you to do anything the normal site does.
    But yes an app would be nice.

Oh yeah...like a notification when you are running low on credit etc would be really handy. As it stands though I'm happy with the service!

Except the price hike!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Oh yeah...like a notification when you are running low on credit etc would be really handy. As it stands though I'm happy with the service!

Except the price hike!!!

I do wish the actual guys in the vans and packers would be a bit more gentle with the packets though. I watched one guy put stuff into the parcel motel at grand canal and it was pretty worrying.
    It'd be a shame to get something from the other side of the planet and it gets broken on the last stretch to your motel.

Havnt had a bad experience with it myself but I have seen the results of poor handling, Really sickens me to see that sh1te, the chaps are getting paid to give a **** about the package they are delivering so its really bull**** to see stuff ****ed around. Could just be me but I take care with everything I do in work

That being said I've only had a handful of bad experiences with delivery companies. Almost all of them with an post!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ah, I understand, still don't know why though.
    Is it typical for courier companies to provide photos of goods to prove they are undamaged in their care?

I'm not bothered about the picture, I would just like a notification so I could know if my package arrived in Antrim.

And remember it takes a bit longer to get tk Cork, i'm pretty sure it goes to the warehouse in Dublin first before it's sent on to Cork.

As for a tracking number, I didn't say I want one, I said with 1 or 2 packages I noticed there was a tracking number next to them in my account page.

So with that you actually know exactly what counties the package is going through on Nightlines site.

Maybe there was more tracking numbers but I didn't notice them due to having to manually check the site.

Also tracking is handy because I've seen a package that was sent to Limerick instead of cork once which causes a delay.

This could have happened more than once but you wouldn't know unless you you're constantly checking your account as it only shows the "current status" of your package.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Why not email them with the suggestion or post on their bookface page? No point preaching to the converted here :)

PS: Why do we always have a need to talk about our pacakages?

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Why not email them with the suggestion or post on their bookface page? No point preaching to the converted here :)

PS: Why do we always have a need to talk about our pacakages?

I suggested it over the phone already, but the guy never said he'd forward on the suggestion, he was more focussed on sorting out the issue i had with a package which is why i called.

I also suggested it in that survey to win a prize that they sent out, but saying it to them on facebook might be better, 3rd time lucky maybe.

Just sent them a long winded message on facebook there and it was actually "seen" after 1am!

Don't know who the hell is managing their facebook page at this hour, but its not the greatest time to be reading a suggestion that long! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Have you ever missed the deadline for collecting a parcel, I have twice and both times took about a week to get my parcel despite only living 2 minute drive from the main depot. If you call into the depot you are told its not possible to collect it, apparently the driver keeps the parcel and it gets checked back into the motel, this can take any amount of time from my experience. it's a right pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I still haven't used them after they mangled my BVM :(

(speaking of which, if anyone would like it for free to try and fix, let me know)

o1s1n wrote: »
    I still haven't used them after they mangled my BVM :(

(speaking of which, if anyone would like it for free to try and fix, let me know)

What's wrong with it again?
    I might be interested!

Master of the Universe

The neck board has a crack along it but everything else looks to be in good nick.

It might be a handy enough fix for someone with soldering skills. A few guys on some forums I asked around on said it's not too big a job to solder the broken traces back up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

That should be a fixable alright, nice big traces to work with. How the hell did that get broken though ?

And no I'm not interested in it !!! Probably going to have to get rid on my 20" GVM if anything...

Master of the Universe

Ah yes, you were off travelling while my BVM saga unfolded :(

It took a smack on the back at some point during it's travels. The back covering is ABS type plastic so isn't really designed for impacts.

Plastic back pressed in on the neck board, snappy snappy!

Ah that sucks !!

I'll take it so, I'll ask Kerbdog nicely to do the soldering for me.
    What size screen is it?

Master of the Universe

It's a 14 inch monitor. Not massive, but would look great out on the periphery among some of the consoles in your attic :)

Here she is before breaking, lovely crisp picture.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-BVM-145D-16-9-4-3-TV-Monitor-Composite-YC-Component-/201093593727?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=fuDCDPhkqLQ1lveUx5HCVSuPjfM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

That should be a fixable alright, nice big traces to work with. How the hell did that get broken though ?

And no I'm not interested in it !!! Probably going to have to get rid on my 20" GVM if anything...
    Hit me up if you want rid!
    I brought my big Hantarex and a 20“ or so silvercrest to the tip this morning.
    I always feel bad skipping a CRT but it had to be done sometimes.
    Making space in the garage for a project

Will do. Don't seem to use it much now I got the Trinitron from Oisin a while back.

Having to reshuffle stuff a bit now that the 'wife' has moved in..

Probably going to try to acquire a small-ish CRT again soon myself.
    There's a small one with a built in DVD player in the room with my computer etc, but its SCART port isn't RGB by the looks of it.

Probably going to try to acquire a small-ish CRT again soon myself.
    There's a small one with a built in DVD player in the room with my computer etc, but its SCART port isn't RGB by the looks of it.

I could sent you a DVD of me playing a game. What game would like ?

• Advertisement

Streets of (Cidermans) Rage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement