Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Met Steve yesterday and picked up a famicom N8, thanks again for a great deal.
    P1040149_zps10c8843b.jpgP1040137_zps86ae9a3f.jpgP1040143_zps3887ea98.jpgP1040140_zpse05a0c07.jpgP1040147_zpsa8e7bfe4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

A PS2!!!! FULLY BOXED AND IN GREAT NICK! YEAAAAAHHHH!!!

XZ47fXH.gif

k0bvjup.jpg

Great...

4gx2eEe.gif

However....

T6ssiIR.jpg

m2HpPhm.gif

KWkzihT.jpg

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

to much....

Picked up Pokemon Black, Pokemon White, Dragon Quest VI and Dragon Quest IX in Argos in town today as well. Few more Nintendo stars to add to the kitty.

Also, it's handy to have genuine Pokemon games because of the clock thingy world yoke. Ask Armando Van Halen, the resident Pokemon expert though for full clarity on this, it might be another game in the series and not these two. Whatever it is, flash cards can't emulate the yoke required for the game, so you really do want genuine Pokemon games for the proper experience.

Think it's only for the DS and 3DS games though. Presently playing Pokemon Yellow on the GB Everdrive via Super Gameboy 2 (and tried on my Super Gameboy 1) and it seems fine. Never played a Pokemon game before and I have to say I am quite enjoying Yellow!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm just short Dragon Quest Chapters of the Chosen right now on the DS,use pick it up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Latest haul, first pay check madness. Demons crest and wild guns were not cheap! Finally got a famicom from a certain shmup lover.

315994.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also got sent the wrong item from playasia. Da fuq is this?

Good to see you again Tetsuo! Been too long. Enjoy the Famicom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Also got sent the wrong item from playasia. Da fuq is this?

Image not displaying for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Hyperkin SupaBoy v2 arrived. Here it is next to a Nomad and TurboExpress.

IMG_7195sml.jpg

IMG_7191sml.jpg

• Advertisement

Having to reshuffle stuff a bit now that the 'wife' has moved in..

OI! This better not mean that you won't put your hand inside my box and jiggle my bits around for me like I frogmarched you in to doing the other day and you promised swearonyourmumslifeforeverandeverfeyknightsamentorremolinos!?

It's no use pretending. YOU ARE 'THE MAN' since that hedonistic, leafy early Autumn of 2013 when you redid my Sega Mk III and sexualised it to a point that it's kept in a dark room locked away lest I notice it and instasquirt at your fine handiwork my good sir!

So we're still on for you to have a fiddle with my yoke yeah?

Good man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just picked up my old family SNES, bought it back from my cousin!
    Sadly, I'm just getting black screen from it. :( Red power light coming on ok, screen goes from 'static snow' to a black screen, but no games starting. Tried the credit card cleaning method, but no luck. Any suggestions?
    Myrddin I might get you to mod it for me if I can get it working again!

Myrddin I might get you to mod it for me if I can get it working again!

Yeah shouldn't be a problem, it's likely just a bad/dirty connection. The cart slot itself is easy enough to remove form the mainboard so cleaning it isn't too bad :)

I've no gamebit so no way to open it!
    Let me know if or when would suit you, and how much!

Sorry, here's the playasia game sent in error

316084.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,434 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »
    Yeah shouldn't be a problem, it's likely just a bad/dirty connection. The cart slot itself is easy enough to remove form the mainboard so cleaning it isn't too bad :)

Yep, sounds like dirt.

Have you tried out a good few games? It's probably the carts being dirty rather than the console.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yep, sounds like dirt.

Have you tried out a good few games? It's probably the carts being dirty rather than the console.

Yeah tried all of them, nothing beyond the quick flicker and black screen. A microfiber cloth over a card seemed to clean some stuff out of the slot, but seemingly not enough!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0, that game cover appears to be festooned with Japanese schoolgirls gazing out at the player, sure it wasn't the one you really wanted?

Master of the Universe

Bit broke at the moment but decided feck it, I need more snes games! Saw a few in Ireland going cheap that I couldn't pass up.

ContraIII_zpsb115cf25.jpg

twinbee_zps7a856ee5.jpg

joeandmac_zpscab78404.jpg

kidclown_zpsc8107387.jpg

ToyStory_zpsf5154c1c.jpg

Also picked up an English fan translation of the sequel to one of my favourite games :)

Capture_zps7881ba13.jpg

I started it before, but just realized my save file was on the flash cart I sold with the Famicom Micro! Back to the start I go hah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Bit broke at the moment but decided feck it, I need more snes games! Saw a few in Ireland going cheap that I couldn't pass up.

Capture_zps7881ba13.jpg

I started it before, but just realized my save file was on the flash cart I sold with the Famicom Micro! Back to the start I go hah

Lucky duck! Was M3 expensive?
    I loooove that Twinbee game too, good fun :3

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

It was surprisingly affordable! Got it from a US seller for €40 posted.

I looked for one a while ago and there was a guy doing a run of them but they were a bit more expensive than that.

Few people selling them with boxes like this. Once it arrives I think I'll make up a custom insert.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mother-3-English-Cartridge-and-Custom-Box-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-Earthbound-2-/321471843334?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4ad9370c06

Edit - I remember when that Twinbee came out, my local Advanced Vision beside Tesco had a big 4 foot cardboard standee for it, was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Was on the lookout for another controller for Mario Kart 8 and spotted this on ebay for £30.(edit:£30, not £20, that really would have been good!)

DN8qnPMl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/o1s1n/Capture_zps7881ba13.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Oops, and I've only gone and reformatted that card since and all... Should have checked with you first, sorry.

Few bits I've picked up over the last while

Some N64 muck. But all being NTSC & the lot for a tenner, why not

2zoksxg.jpg

Glad to have Ducktails back. I had a PAL version that was sold with my PAL Nes so these are NTSC goodies. Not sure about Maniac Mansion...seen the James & Mike Monday that featured it & thought it looked interesting

650ach.jpg

Got these pretty cheap, this completes my Halo collection now.

2qutb84.jpg

Picked these up too, for the price I couldn't say no(fiver for both)

5kezq8.jpg

The quest for all things Zelda continues. Also heard Dead Space Extraction was a decent on rails shooter so why not.

25s07lt.jpg

More Wii rail shooter goodness

sghloo.jpg

Trying to get all the GoW games too...

30befye.jpg

Have these on Steam, but hey, what's a collector to do. I loved the Max Payne games back in the day when I seen them for €6 for both I think it was, I couldn't pass them up!

2u61ah5.jpg

Cult classic

2vjwifm.jpg

This turned up in the gf's parents attic would you believe. I'm allowed 'mind' it, but it's not mine as there's too much sentimental value to it...but hey, I'll give it a good home :o

2vl5vti.jpg

m8d69s.jpg

24xj21y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

ToyStory_zpsf5154c1c.jpg

Toy Story was out on the SNES?
    Thanks, now I feel really really really old!

Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »
    Cult classic

2vjwifm.jpg

Will this be your first go or have you played it before?

Magical game. Everyone should give it a go at least once.
    Toy Story was out on the SNES?
    Thanks, now I feel really really really old!

Haha I know, mad isn't it!

I've never played the SNES version but the MD one is pretty impressive from a prerendered graphics point of view.

Will this be your first go or have you played it before?

Magical game. Everyone should give it a go at least once.

Yep, still have yet to grace the world of ICO. I have it remastered on PS3 courtesy of PS+ too, but just haven't made time for it yet. SotC is the same, have never even seen the game play barring a few mins of it on youtube :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It'd be tempting to go with original hardware version, but play through the PS3 version if you can! It's the same game, just with higher resolution etc... so you'll be playing it as intended... just in HD :)

Improvements aren't quite as radical as SotC though... that PS2 framerate :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Still yet to find anything pre ps1 in a charity shop but these are still better than the usual fifa ****e. The lady had no idea what nintendo/sega/gameboy games were and figured they were the same as ps2 games except they had "sega" or "nintendo" on the top but she still asked for my number and said she'd ring me if she got anything like that in so hopefully something turns up.

€2 each for these isn't bad anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

TheStook wrote: »
    Still yet to find anything pre ps1 in a charity shop but these are still better than the usual fifa ****e. The lady had no idea what nintendo/sega/gameboy games were and figured they were the same as ps2 games except they had "sega" or "nintendo" on the top but she still asked for my number and said she'd ring me if she got anything like that in so hopefully something turns up.

€2 each for these isn't bad anyway.

In the instance of boxed Megadrive stuff, I generally tend to find them tucked in the VHS shelves/bins. Found some GBA carts chucked into a toy basket once and am about 70% sure the whole thing ended up getting tipped, which unnerves me to no end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement