Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Been playing borderlands 2 on the switch a amazing port, I know borderlands isn’t for everyone but I love the game and 2 is hand downs the best one

I know it’s a 8 year old game but it runs so well on the switch and the pick up and play is amazing on it, I had it for the vita years back and my god that was a shocking port the vita could not run the game at all.

I think paid 35 euros for the borderlands, borderlands 2 and the pre one.

Amazing value for money and the pick up and play for borderlands is so much better !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

Beat mario 64 at last and now gonna play pokemon sun ultra sun to chill with.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Playing Gargoyle's Quest on GB Colour, and Virtual Boy Wario Land at the moment.

The classics never die!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

mrcheez wrote: »
    Playing Gargoyle's Quest on GB Colour, and Virtual Boy Wario Land at the moment.

The classics never die!

Always wanted Gargoyle's Quest on Gameboy.

Thinking the team behind Ori could do a brilliant modern Ghosts n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest. But maybe we are better off that they do original stuff.

It's hard going back to the old stuff when you are used to instant re spawns and player/time friendly checkpoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

ooooh gargoyles Quest!! The second game I ever got for my gameboy. Loved that game, spent hours on it :)

• Advertisement

fixXxer wrote: »
    ooooh gargoyles Quest!! The second game I ever got for my gameboy. Loved that game, spent hours on it :)

Music is great!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The classics never die!

Are you playing Wario Land on an actual VB or via emulation?
    I've got it for my VB and it's good fun, though I've never played too much of it.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Are you playing Wario Land on an actual VB or via emulation?
    I've got it for my VB and it's good fun, though I've never played too much of it.

Nah playing on my Oculus Go

https://sidequestvr.com/app/125/virtualboygo

https://sidequestvr.com/app/1199/gamebov

As good as the real thing, maybe even better as the 3D effect of the Virtual Boy games is superb in this thing.

Oculus have announced they're no longer selling the Go, which is sad as it's great for these kinds of apps. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mario Tennis is stunning, it's the game I demo on the VB when I want to show it off.

Mario Tennis is stunning, it's the game I demo on the VB when I want to show it off.

A lot of the games are great with surprising depth ('scuse the pun)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Right, I'm at 105 stars on Galaxy 2.

I fùcking hate wooden crates. That's a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Been playing borderlands 2 on the switch a amazing port, I know borderlands isn’t for everyone but I love the game and 2 is hand downs the best one

I'm about 6 hours into Borderlands 1 and I love it. Came across one small issue though. I cleared out an area of tough enemies yesterday and just hit the power button to suspend my game (as you do with any game on the switch).

Came back to it about 6 hours later to continue the game. All enemies had respawned and I was stuck in the middle of them with low ammo.... Something to watch it for. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Playing BioShock. It's pretty good but a very old game. I really wish remasters would give some modern control options. Not looking for anything amazing, just let me change buttons. Literally every game ever made uses B to jump. But not BioShock, X is jump. B is med pack.

I've wasted so many med packs, when all I want to do is jump onto something.

It is also pretty dark, I've max brightness on the screen and in game and I still just see my reflection looking back at myself.

I was digging through my backlog and spotted a lesser known title.. breath of the mild or something.

Don't know much about it...think it's a Zelda game or something.

Anyway will give it a shot this week

I was digging through my backlog and spotted a lesser known title.. breath of the mild or something.

Don't know much about it...think it's a Zelda game or something.

Anyway will give it a shot this week

You cannot be serious.

Breath of the Wild makes most backlogs redundant :):)

If Chuck Norris was a video game he'd be BOTW.

Hey there's always a first time ;)

Finished BioShock 1, it was okay. I remembered that being much better at the time.

I guess back then it was much more impactful. But like a lot of those older games that get remastered if they put a small bit of effort into updating the controls it would make a huge difference.

Simple things like swapping B for med pack with X for jump.

But it was pretty enjoyable. On to number 2 now.

I'm nearly finished a quick run through of Yoshi's Crafted World, get it done before Origami arrives, in a few days.
    There's an incredible amount of creativity in Crafted, reminding me both of the legacy of Kirby and Yoshi 2.5D platformers and the use of materials and textures last seen done this well in Tearaway on the PS Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

In your face, purple coins of Luigi!!

You son of a bitch.

Finished BioShock 1, it was okay. I remembered that being much better at the time.

I guess back then it was much more impactful. But like a lot of those older games that get remastered if they put a small bit of effort into updating the controls it would make a huge difference.

Simple things like swapping B for med pack with X for jump.

But it was pretty enjoyable. On to number 2 now.

About 2 hours into BioShock 2. It's so good. Really smooth and looks gorgeous. If I remember correctly the story doesn't pan out as good but so far it is great.

• Advertisement

I'm nearly finished a quick run through of Yoshi's Crafted World, get it done before Origami arrives, in a few days.
    There's an incredible amount of creativity in Crafted, reminding me both of the legacy of Kirby and Yoshi 2.5D platformers and the use of materials and textures last seen done this well in Tearaway on the PS Vita.

Price putting me off.
    Will get it the next time I see it on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Downloaded Darkwood. How scary can a top down game be?

:-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Have been playing Ghostbusters Remastered and really like it... except for the fcuking cherubs at the gate. If you have played it you know what I'm talking about. Such a severe difficulty spike where you are being constantly hit and need to defeat the section in a particular, tricky way. I'm probably 90% or more through the game but this bit is stumping me.

In order to save my sanity I have started Paper Mario.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Xenoblade Chronicles arrived today.... There goes making a dent in the current backlog.....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I picked up Worms WMD on sale a while back, and finally started playing it now. It's silly and fun, and the secondary objectives in campaign mode add an extra bit of challenge if you want it. Weirdly enough the only significant issue I have with it is that the UI is not brilliantly optimised for TV play - you can zoom in and out on the map mode, but the pop-up menu for weapon selection and crafting is hard to read.

Got stuck in properly to BotW this weekend, have been wandering around the lands for a few hours, but how the hell do I trigger or begin the first Quest?!?

My Sheikah slate isn't showing a yellow pointer plus when I press "-" it says "Sheikah slate data is damaged" ?!?

I think I need to head to the temple of time first, but there's no doorway.

Enjoying the arrow work though.. I like aiming with the Switch Lite.. feels nice and natural.

btw how do I "undo" an arrow shot if I start it accidentally? At the moment I just aim down and let it off and collect the arrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Picked up Not Tonight: Take Back Control and The Escapists 2 in the sale - €5.30 for both games on the SA store. Like I needed any more games to add to the backlog...

Got stuck in properly to BotW this weekend, have been wandering around the lands for a few hours, but how the hell do I trigger or begin the first Quest?!?

Climb the big tower to generate a map of the area. There are 3 shrines you need to go to (you can mark them on your map from the top of the tower - they glow orange).
    Finish the 3 shrines and the story will progress from there.

To cancel an arrow, dash (press B).

Mr E wrote: »
    Climb the big tower to generate a map of the area.

Is this mentioned anywhere that it's a required first step, or are you just expected to wander around for hours until this happens? The old guy by the fire is the only NCP I've met and he wasn't much help.

Also is the damaged slate not showing a pointer a bug?

• Advertisement

I think the old man tells you where to go? It's been a few years! :)

Advertisement