Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Grabbed WRC8, it keeps crashing at the end of the first race.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

mrcheez wrote: »
    Is this mentioned anywhere that it's a required first step, or are you just expected to wander around for hours until this happens? The old guy by the fire is the only NCP I've met and he wasn't much help.

Also is the damaged slate not showing a pointer a bug?

Looking at a video walkthrough to remind myself, the old man told Link to go to the Temple of Time and when Link got there he was told to go to the point marked on the map

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Looking at a video walkthrough to remind myself, the old man told Link to go to the Temple of Time and when Link got there he was told to go to the point marked on the map

I think that's where it's error-ing out for me, I'm not getting told to go to any point on the map.

When I got the slate originally it set a yellow marker on the map, but then I died and the marker disappeared and not seeing anything when I re-enable the Quest.

I spotted a reference on reddit about bugs related to the first quest so that might be what's happening.

I'm still early in the game so I'll just restart.. I've learned some good techniques in how to fight though, plus not to collect every damned item that falls, so it wasn't wasted time.

Playing BioShock. It's pretty good but a very old game. I really wish remasters would give some modern control options. Not looking for anything amazing, just let me change buttons. Literally every game ever made uses B to jump. But not BioShock, X is jump. B is med pack.

I've wasted so many med packs, when all I want to do is jump onto something.

It is also pretty dark, I've max brightness on the screen and in game and I still just see my reflection looking back at myself.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/news/nintendo/151811-how-to-remap-buttons-nintendo-switch-controllers-switch-lite-joy-cons

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭coffee to go

I think that's where it's error-ing out for me, I'm not getting told to go to any point on the map.

When I got the slate originally it set a yellow marker on the map, but then I died and the marker disappeared and not seeing anything when I re-enable the Quest.

I spotted a reference on reddit about bugs related to the first quest so that might be what's happening.

I'm still early in the game so I'll just restart.. I've learned some good techniques in how to fight though, plus not to collect every damned item that falls, so it wasn't wasted time.

Just head to the area close to the pin in the attached image and look around for something to stick the slate into.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,413 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This is the thing that I found hard to get used to in BOTW at the start, you are literally just thrown in and expected to figure it all out. It takes open world to a whole new level.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's the opposite of Skyward Sword where there was a 97.3% chance that Fi would interrupt to be sure you knew where you were going

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

In BOTW, if you press + & then L to bring you into the adventure/quest log section of the menu you can turn on & off the yellow marker that appears on the map depending on what quest/mission/whatever you are doing at the time. I can’t remember what menu options were available early in the game but it’s possible the yellow mission marker got turned off in there. Go into the adventure log menu (+ & L) & you might be able to select your next step in the list of adventures open to you. Check to see if you can turn it back on.

Edit: just reading your post again I see you were trying to do this already. Hope it’s not glitching out on you!

ah I'll just restart... should only take me 10 mins to get back to where I am now, but now I got skillz from all the hours of fighting trolls ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So I've just got Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Never played either. Which one should I go for first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I just can't get into the Witcher.

Its like controlling an oil tanker after BoTW

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Xofpod

The Nal wrote: »
    So I've just got Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Never played either. Which one should I go for first?

People get very frustrated with Skyward Sword but I prefer it of the two. Both are great though, but much more linear if BoTW was your first Zelda

Xofpod wrote: »
    People get very frustrated with Skyward Sword but I prefer it of the two. Both are great though, but much more linear if BoTW was your first Zelda

Cheers will try Skyward, have an emu.

First Zelda game was Link to the Past on release btw!

Picked up the Konami Arcade Collection on the cheap recently. Nemesis, Lifeforce, Vulcan Venture, etc. Were these games always this damn hard? These middle-aged thumbs have just doomed the galaxy countless times.

• Administrators Posts: 53,413 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Can you get Skyward on the Switch?

Picked up the Konami Arcade Collection on the cheap recently. Nemesis, Lifeforce, Vulcan Venture, etc. Were these games always this damn hard? These middle-aged thumbs have just doomed the galaxy countless times.

They were always that hard. Ran through Donkey Kong Country in the last week, a game I've been played for 25 years and I still died about 80 times.
    awec wrote: »
    Can you get Skyward on the Switch?

Nope. Don't think we ever will either. Interested to see how it works on the PC. Will report back.

Yeah I can't play Celeste without the assist for unlimited jumps turned on... **** that game in it's default mode.

I do wonder if I would have been able to play it native when I was a wee tike.

The Arcade Collection is great.. though you do need to use the saves a lot... I found Nemesis not too hard though in comparison to the others

Yeah I can't play Celeste without the assist for unlimited jumps turned on... **** that game in it's default mode.

I do wonder if I would have been able to play it native when I was a wee tike.

The Arcade Collection is great.. though you do need to use the saves a lot... I found Nemesis not too hard though in comparison to the others

I regret buying that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Playing Blasphemous. Great Metroidvania with a lot of Souls influences. Super game so far, much better than I expected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Playing through DKC on the SNES Online app the last few days. Would love for them to add DKC2&3 soon too.

How likely do people think it is that we'll get another console added to Nintendo Online around September? Would be great to see N64 or GBA games on there. It's actually crazy how much stuff is trapped on the Wii U eShop that isn't available to play on Switch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Picked up Dark Souls on Switch on Monday and I have to say it runs really well in handheld mode.

Did a quick run to get three firekeeper souls and the Gravelord sword as soon as I arrived in Firelink Shrine. Now I'm a badass running around Undead Parish like a superhero. Took two hits to kill Taurus Demon and five hits to kill both Gargoyles!!

My luck was definitely in as well as the first two Black Knights I killed dropped the BK Sword and the BK Shield.

I was told in Smyths today that they stopped stocking DS titles a few weeks ago in all their stores. Was trying to pick up Yokai watch 3 for my daughter. Did I miss something and is this indicative of wider withdrawal of support for the platform?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was told in Smyths today that they stopped stocking DS titles a few weeks ago in all their stores. Was trying to pick up Yokai watch 3 for my daughter. Did I miss something and is this indicative of wider withdrawal of support for the platform?

I would say so, the last first party game of any note was the port of the Kirby's Epic Yarn game, and thus year theres only been minor third party stuff.
    But Amazon is still stocking most things so theres plenty of content to be had.
    I see Yokai 3 is on there but costs about 40

About 2 hours into BioShock 2. It's so good. Really smooth and looks gorgeous. If I remember correctly the story doesn't pan out as good but so far it is great.

it's 3rd person and not Nintendo but if you like these sort of games you should really check out Control if you get the chance - what a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I spent €1.99 on Thief Simulator and I feel ripped off. Fun idea utterly ruined by the awful controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Juggling ACNH (nearing burnout I think...), Carrion, Origami King and Heroes of Hammerwatch.

I played about 5 hours of Heroes of Hammerwatch yesterday. Twin stick roguelite action RPG. Incredibly addictive.
    You carry over upgrades to the next run, so you're always making progress and getting stronger.
    Lots of classes, 3 DLC packs included, New Game+... you could play this for a long time if it gets its hooks into you.
    Really enjoying it.

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    In BOTW, if you press + & then L to bring you into the adventure/quest log section of the menu you can turn on & off the yellow marker that appears on the map depending on what quest/mission/whatever you are doing at the time. I can’t remember what menu options were available early in the game but it’s possible the yellow mission marker got turned off in there. Go into the adventure log menu (+ & L) & you might be able to select your next step in the list of adventures open to you. Check to see if you can turn it back on.

Edit: just reading your post again I see you were trying to do this already. Hope it’s not glitching out on you!

I restarted BOTW over the weekend and yes it seems to have been a glitch as on my replay I managed to find the first marker that triggers all the towers to rise up.

Completed the first 4 quests and now have the hang glider and just landed on Hyrule, so gotta figure out where to go next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Started Ocarina of Time last night. Never really played before. Started the opening area twice before and got distracted by something else each time. Playing on my phone with connected controller rather than original hardware this time so i might actually get time to finish it.

Started Ocarina of Time last night. Never really played before. Started the opening area twice before and got distracted by something else each time. Playing on my phone with connected controller rather than original hardware this time so i might actually get time to finish it.

Enjoy. By far my most played game ever and the 2nd greatest game ever after BOTW imo.

Still playing Ocarina to this day, well, via The Missing Link. Almost finished it I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Just finished Deadly Premonition 2, its a slog, even as a fan the frame rate borders on making you ill.

Advertisement