Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Playing FNAF Help Wanted after grabbing it for 0.40 cent...gonna play in dark and see if it's as scary as the VR version ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm really enjoying Journey to the Savage Planet so far, interspersed with sessions of DQXII and Picross 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

Played through streets of rage 4 over Saturday night and sunday morning with my 9 year old. Such an enjoyable experience for us both. Very polished and entertaining game. By the end we had stopped losing lives on normal difficulty. Theres such subtle depth to it. Must crank it up a notch next wknd now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    How far are you into it?

Start of chapter 5 so not far. Replayed chapter 2 to try and do some side missions but found it very hard to locate them despite looking at the side mission list in the map screen to see what is available in chapter 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Christ, that Monk boss is infuriating on Master Mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Realised I downloaded the Fire Emblem Three Houses DLC but never went back to it. Second play through here we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Playing Pocket Football Club on my newly acquired 3ds (an original 3ds from disinterested kids). My son was at us for ages to get him the game a few years ago, so we did, and I don't think he ever played it.

Very addictive once you get going, and I've only played a few in game weeks, and still have no idea what I'm doing. I think the sack is imminent.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

been on a n64 buzz for a couple of days a week the past month. half way through majoras mask and decided to pop in mission impossible for a bit could never beat it as a kid, but the bits i played made me want to play through to completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying Journey to the Savage Planet so far, interspersed with sessions of DQXII and Picross 4!

It is great. I'm a nice but in now and it keeps surprising me. Very clever, lots to discover and very funny. Similar humour to Portal

It is great. I'm a nice but in now and it keeps surprising me. Very clever, lots to discover and very funny. Similar humour to Portal

Wish you hadn't said that, now I'm almost certain to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Getting crushed in Fire Emblem kept away from most spoilers very surprised who some of the characters are in the 2nd phase enjoyed killing some of the students from the other houses that side with the enemies bit frustrated at missing out on paralouges of students I didn't recruit very rewarding game putting in the effort definitely pays off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Unravel Two is quite interesting ... but I'm platformed gamed out at this stage.

Also, Mario Kart, custom, 200cc, no items is zen like 60fps arcade racing. Pure game design, art and tech showcase. It really deserves its sales. So much in this game for everyone.

Kids haven't touched anything except Animal Crossing since March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Gave Ninjala a go this morning. Played 2 games. Won 2 games. Lots of button mashing. Not really sure what was going on most of the time.

Still on n64 buzz these days, doing what i couldnt do as a child and beat mario 64. Enjoyed a good session last night and looking forward to finishing.

For the first time iver I am playing a Xenoblade game, definitive edition on switch, to be exact. Those jolly english accents are a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Went back and recruited loads of characters on Fire Emblem still couldn't get three I wanted but managed to get Hilda into the Black Eagles proud of that one.

Am starting Pokemon Shield now as the DLC is out next week. Picked up Trials of Mana too so gonna give that a go on Sunday looks interesting.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Playing The Outer Worlds and it's definitely scratching my Fallout itch. Graphics are a bit muddy and some of the graphical weirdness reminds me of Starlink but I'm getting into it. Just left the first town after a good resolution, took a risk and it paid off but I'm fully expecting to accidentally/intentionally dick people over further down the line.

Playing a bastard with a heart of gold, Lawful Evil-esque. Looking forward to see what's next.

If anyone is thinking of getting it, watch gameplay videos before you take the plunge. I can ignore a lot of what people are criticising about the game but not everyone games the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just finished Opus: The Day We Found Earth. It's a really nice puzzle game I guess you'd call it with a great story that carries you through it. Gameplay wise it reminded me of the planet scanning from Mass Effect and it's €2 at the moment, which is well worth it for a three or four hours of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

On the final boss of Luigis Mansion 3. Very good game. Clever puzzles, looks gorgeous and doesn't outstay its welcome. Probably put 15 hours into it. Would highly recommend. Think im gonna jump back to Starlink when I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Outer worlds arrived yesterday, played a bit last night.

Seems grand in handheld, enjoyable and very playable so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Bought pokemon sword yesterday and wow is it a different experience to the gameboy and ds games. Loving it though, can easily see myself throwing hours into it to complete the pokedex again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nearing the endgame of Shantae and the Seven Sirens. Much better than Half Genie Hero I think. Scratches the metroidvania itch.
    Not sure I'll go for 100% though (unless there is a powerup/card that reveals secrets on the map)

Started Borderlands last night too. Loved that game on the 360 (maybe more than B2 too). Played about 90 minutes yesterday. Runs great on handheld and docked.
    My girlfriend just ordered a Switch Lite so I think this could be a great co-op game for both of us.

Mr E wrote: »
    Nearing the endgame of Shantae and the Seven Sirens. Much better than Half Genie Hero I think. Scratches the metroidvania itch.
    Not sure I'll go for 100% though (unless there is a powerup/card that reveals secrets on the map)

Started Borderlands last night too. Loved that game on the 360 (maybe more than B2 too). Played about 90 minutes yesterday. Runs great on handheld and docked.
    My girlfriend just ordered a Switch Lite so I think this could be a great co-op game for both of us.

I really do not like Half Genie Hero at all. The art direction is awful. Feels like a cookie cutter game. Also, it's just boring and annoying and the dialog is terrible. I think I picked the wrong Shantae game to start with :)

Got an Xbox one x on sale. Playing Ori and the will of the wisps. Fantastic sequel ... could work well on Switch if they have 1080p assets available. Also ordered Mega Man 11 and combined Limbo/Inside physical for cheap on Xbox. All the above are a tenner in Gamestop and some available on game pass for cheap too ...

I'm sorry Nintendo, but you are too expensive sometimes. :)

I ordered shantae from limited run. Hope to get it soon. Meanwhile 2 stars away from beating mario 64 and decided to pop in minecraft dungeons for a bit. Seems fun might be the next game to complete

I ordered shantae from limited run. Hope to get it soon. Meanwhile 2 stars away from beating mario 64 and decided to pop in minecraft dungeons for a bit. Seems fun might be the next game to complete

How are you playing Mario 64? Emulator or real PAL or NTSC version ?

I remember playing Mario 64 back in the day :)
    Finding the stars never seemed like a chore.
    Had to look up how to find 2 of the stars in the end.
    I should have had more patience!
    Also, I wished I'd had the faster full screen NTSC version.

I can't wait to see if/how it'll appear on Switch. Would be great if we get a HD 60fps version. Just like Wind Waker HD. The game deserves nothing less!

nintendoo wrote: »
    How are you playing Mario 64? Emulator or real PAL or NTSC version ?

I remember playing Mario 64 back in the day :)
    Finding the stars never seemed like a chore.
    Had to look up how to find 2 of the stars in the end.
    I should have had more patience!
    Also, I wished I'd had the faster full screen NTSC version.

I can't wait to see if/how it'll appear on Switch. Would be great if we get a HD 60fps version. Just like Wind Waker HD. The game deserves nothing less!

OG hardware with a 'special' cart. its the Usa version. brought a new modern retrofighters 64 controlle too which was amazing until the (a) button gets stuck from time to time. im half thinking about opening it up rather than the hassle of sending it back. the og controller to me is just to difficult to use now after using modern ones

What am I not playing:

Ring Fit Adventure, from Smyths for 79.99, unused, to CEX for 80. They will sell for 110 !
    Glad to get rid of it, hate having stuff just hanging around.

Kudos to CEX for providing this service. Totally Covid safe shopping experience there the other day. Really they were on the ball.

Same for GameStop too. Got a few bargains in there.

Remember people, shop local if you can, 'cause there is a rotten amount of unemployment out there! CEX, GameStop, Smyths all doing online deliveries too.

• Administrators Posts: 53,414 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I picked up Pokemon lets go for nostalgia reasons, sunk a lot of my childhood into Red and Yellow. It's actually surprised me in how much I'm enjoying it, and also how much I've forgotten. Don't recognise a lot of the pokemon and had forgotten large parts of the story.

I never watched pokemon after the original series, and never played any of the games after yellow, so not sure if I'd enjoy sword or shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Downloaded and played a bit of SuperChariot with the kids. 2 player "co-op", guaranteed to bring tears and recriminations to any lockdown house.
    Great fun though and cheap as chips. Actually, incredibly polished for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Hatch8harry

Playing Shantae and the Pirates Curse. Picked it up in the recent eshop sale as I'd never played a Shantae game and heard this was the best one. Currently on 60% completion (on the second last island) but I'm a little underwhelmed tbh. The gameplay and level design just doesn't stand out after playing other metroidvania games like Hollow Knight, The Messenger, Axiom Verge, Steamworld Dig 2 and Ori. Its probably a reflection on how strong a library the switch has for these type of games.
    Christ, I can't wait for Silksong...

Advertisement