Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

How much of the main game do you need to have played to access the DLC? Think I was about a third through it but took a break and not been back since

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭Cordell

I don't think you need much from the main quest line, this is started by someone arriving at your settlement in England so if you got that far it should be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Spear wrote: »
    Honestly, no, nothing is recognizable. The compressed scale of the map, combined with the time era and reduced population, means that almost nothing is. Maybe Ben Bulben can be, but I've wandered about 65% of the map so far, so I haven't seen everything.

Found Lough Rea and Tuam - as someone who grew up in Tuam, damn it's cool to see it in a AAA game!

Enjoying it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

I'm enjoying the DLC for the novelty of it being set in Ireland, plus i was a fan of the base game's content and it is essentially more of the same with few real changes.

So if you didn't like the main game then this won't really sway your opinion.

However, in all honesty i feel like the Skellige Isle's gameplay portion in The Witcher 3 actually gave a more distinctly Celtic/Viking feel than this has achieved and is still the benchmark i would use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

What level does the dlc fit in at!
    I saw some screenshots that seemed to say level 55.
    I'm currently going through the story mission in the level 190 areas and my character is level 340 or so.
    I was going to wait until after the main story, but is there any point? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

marcbrophy wrote: »
    What level does the dlc fit in at!
    I saw some screenshots that seemed to say level 55.
    I'm currently going through the story mission in the level 190 areas and my character is level 340 or so.
    I was going to wait until after the main story, but is there any point? :)

At a power level of 340 you should sail through it at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Irish fan made live action trailer of the dlc. They got permission from Ubisoft and looking to make another one for the next expansion. Pretty class plus plugging it as I'm super proud of my friends who created the Viking & druid costumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ha this is stuck in my head! Itching to buy this just for the dlc.

https://twitter.com/Rubberbandits/status/1393945050950799362?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Play a good few hours of dlc, found it enjoyable for the most part. It's pretty much the same as main story, has many similar style quests. I think it could have easily been part of the main game. I think it's more of a novelty factor for me. Some accents are bad but others are actually grand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

Cordell wrote: »
    So far no bugs, it looks and feels just like the main game, so probably there's no point in waiting for fixes.

That's fortunate, I've not had one session in the DLC that hasn't frozen. And twice Eivor has remembered she can fly so just takes off up into air, one time simply falling to her death and the other going out of bounds after she'd had enough of trading.

Got some nice views out of it though. ;)

Valhalla's been the buggiest AC experience for me. AC3 was the last but I just played Rogue through Unity getting fixed. With Valhalla, it's a constant test of patience.

I just wonder if Ubisoft's marketing team will be scratching their heads again if the next AC doesn't do the expected numbers like Syndicate following Unity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭Cordell

Well I guest it's a case on ymmv but I had no serious issues in the DLC or the main game.
    I've seen a few crashes early on, but none after the February (or so) patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Yea, finished it last night! Enjoyed running around Ireland, main quest was pretty short I thought - would recommend killing all the targets on the 'Order' menu. Good pay-off / reward at the end. Levelled up Dublin fairly quickly.

Not a whole lot else to do, going time to put the game down again now for a few months til Siege of Paris comes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

Finished the main quest line, but still have a couple of children of danu left and Dublin renown to get up.

Can’t say I was that impressed, without the novelty of it being set in Ireland I wouldn’t have bothered. Even with it being set in Ireland, aside from the names being printed on the map there are very few locations you’d actually tell were in Ireland. With the exception of the odd round tower there was really nothing to differentiate it from the English locations of the base game, which themselves were already pretty generic IMO

That said, they did put a bit of effort in with the lore and it was fun to hear bits of Irish language here and there in the dialog. There were a few terrible accents but for the most part they were good. As for the actual gameplay though, it added nothing new and I’d say it was below average compared to some of the more interesting quest lines in the base game.

As an aside, is there any way to see what full sets of armour you have? I’m still in the starter Raven gear, I’ve got so much other assorted armour but it’s really impossible to tell if I have a full set of any given type without spending an enormous amount of time going through each individual but, so I ended up just never using any other armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Recently jumped back into the base game after dropping off shortly after the PS5 came out. Only around power level 65 atm, was going to hold off and play the DLC after I finished the base game but see that the recommended level is only 55 for it.

Any idea if the DLC will scale at all or am I better jumping in now if I want it to retain some sort of challenge? I had been worried about spoilers for the main game, but from what I gather it's fairly standalone so shouldn't be an issue hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Liam2590

has there been any news on when the next dlc is out for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Hopefully it won't be too much longer, I have nothing to play at the minute and this will fill the gap nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

that’s a nice feature to get back, always thought those type of assassination missions were fun to play

Seems from the patch notes they are fixing the two quests that were bugged for me.

• Advertisement

This game is a crock of ****.

anyone else having issues since the update? every time I fast travel to Ireland it seems to get stuck in a loop and I have to quit and reload my save

Yup, same thing happened to me, fairly massive bug that.

yeah I was expecting bugs but that seems like a fairly big one!

Advertisement