Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

You've to kill all the order members to get the last quest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PsychoPete wrote: »
    You've to kill all the order members to get the last quest

This is outside of the story missions though in reality.

This is outside of the story missions though in reality.

Don't you have to all kill members of the order of ancients then go back to hytham to get the quest for the last member or am I completely wrong on that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Don't you have to all kill members of the order of ancients then go back to hytham to get the quest for the last member or am I completely wrong on that

You do indeed and are correct on that. My point was more that you can "finish the game" just by doing the story and the order elimination really runs parallel more than as a key part of the story. Finishing off the order is really given no real draw outside of cleaning it out yourself which is tricky as some standard order member clues are impossible to find unless you get lucky. There is a final story based finish to the last order member but more a narrative end than something that feels part of the main arc or story. (in my view)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'm close to finishing this, and while I've gotten my monies worth in time spent, not sure I can say the same about enjoyment.

There's so many elements of this that seem a step backwards to me, with weird design decisions throughout. Someone clearly took a look through the history of AssCreed, saw that people loved the songs in Black Flag, and went "hey, we've got a boat in this too, let's add in those pages that float around, people loved them!!!" My heart sank the first time I saw one of them in the game, talk about grabbing the wrong end of the stick.

The amount of repetition in level design is chronic as well, worse than I can remember in a while. A locked chest? 50% chance the key is down a well, the same well that's scattered all over England.

And what the hell were they sniffing when they came up with the skill tree? Skills that are pretty vital to the game are locked away until you unlock them, with loads of individually useless minor upgrade locking them away, with the path to it completely invisible until you get close.

Just loads of minor frustrations that weren't there previously.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Some of the world events are gas........pardon the pun :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Will I have to complete main campaign to play the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Is nobody going to mention it? Are we all just collectively ignoring those accents because we’re just happy to finally have a major game set in Ireland? :D

Seriously though, I had to stop playing AC Rogue after about half an hour because of the protagonist’s voice actor. This might be completely unplayable for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,278 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I think it looks great.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭recyclops

Just sent a screen grab of the map from YouTube. I am disappointed but will probably pick it up when its cheap

recyclops wrote: »
    Just sent a screen grab of the map from YouTube. I am disappointed but will probably pick it up when its cheap

I never expected them to give us the whole of Ireland to discover, that would be a bit much to give with a dlc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I never expected them to give us the whole of Ireland to discover, that would be a bit much to give with a dlc

Yea tbh it was more than I was expecting, I thought it would pretty much just be the east coast. Surprised it doesn't include Waterford though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have heard too many negatives that have put me off Valhalla but I really want to play the Ireland expansion. Don't suppose it can be bought standalone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I have heard too many negatives that have put me off Valhalla but I really want to play the Ireland expansion. Don't suppose it can be bought standalone?

Think you still need to main game to play it alright!
    It's currently selling for £36.99 on Amazon UK :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Think you still need to main game to play it alright!
    It's currently selling for £36.99 on Amazon UK :)

Feck that, will wait for ps plus and then buy the expansion pass on sale :)

Markitron wrote: »
    Yea tbh it was more than I was expecting, I thought it would pretty much just be the east coast. Surprised it doesn't include Waterford though.

Was the rock of cashel part of the viking thing aswell, would also have been a nice edition but I agree I thought Waterford would definitely be included. Theres probably arguments for plenty of places to be included but I do think it looks pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, disappointed Cork and Waterford aren't there. It would just have an extra region so sad they didn't include all of Ireland really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Horse84

Logged on this morning and no sign of the Ireland dlc yet. Is it available here yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭farreca

It's now downloading for me, I had to go into "manage game" then "addons" and it showed in the list (on series x)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Horse84 wrote: »
    Logged on this morning and no sign of the Ireland dlc yet. Is it available here yet?

On Xbone, it took about 10 minutes for the season pass version to tick over and show as free (for me) from the in-game store after first reports of it now working that way on the DLC's club post 20ish minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Is it worth to get Valhalla just for this DLC? Bit of a novelty having a version of Ireland in a game that looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone played the DLC yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭titan18

ShaneU wrote: »
    Anyone played the DLC yet?

I'm assuming there'll be a load of bugs so waiting a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's making me want to try and play the game again. But yeah, the accents are ok for the most part, but there were a few words in there you could tell the actor was struggling with:

"Eye-er-land is skawrrred by rivalry"
    "The skertching sunnn" (I take it she meant scorching)

Hard to know from the IMDB page as I don't know the names of any of the characters, but there's a handful of Irish sounding names on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Cordell

So far no bugs, it looks and feels just like the main game, so probably there's no point in waiting for fixes. Also it's only 30 for the season pass on Ubisoft store. Voice acting is terrible though, really amateur stuff.
    Also, coming from a fairly completed main game I'm quite overleveled for this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Booted it up last night, activated Uplay+ or whatever for a month to get access to the game/DLC again.
    It starts out on the south side Dub. Something gas about seeing 'Meath' on a map in an Assassin's Creed game. Looking forward to wandering a bit more. Be curious to see if anything is recognizable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Shlippery wrote: »
    Booted it up last night, activated Uplay+ or whatever for a month to get access to the game/DLC again.
    It starts out on the south side Dub. Something gas about seeing 'Meath' on a map in an Assassin's Creed game. Looking forward to wandering a bit more. Be curious to see if anything is recognizable.

Honestly, no, nothing is recognizable. The compressed scale of the map, combined with the time era and reduced population, means that almost nothing is. Maybe Ben Bulben can be, but I've wandered about 65% of the map so far, so I haven't seen everything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement