Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nice 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Is siege of Paris out as its not triggering for me at all or have I the wrong date as I thought it was the 12th?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Cordell

It should, it did for me when I returned to Randvi.

Went to Randvi, nothing happened so restarted the game and still nothing. Will try it again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

It should be live, haven't started it yet as finishing up druids but I did download it from the psn store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭farreca

I had to go to the xbox store and manually start the download/install, if that's any help

Haven't played it since I finished wrath of the druids but I updated the game last weekend. Played some of the Sigrbolt festival, the subtitles and sound weren't working for the festival then the game crashed but even after the restart the sound issues where still there.

I finished the siege of Paris tonight, overall its pretty good and ran with no bugs. Was probably expecting a bit more from it

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

In two minds whether or not to download the Siege of Paris. I got the Wraith of the Druids and enjoyed it but i have a feeling this DLC will be more of the same. I'll probably wait until i'm done with the new Ghost of Tsushima DLC then check it out.

Of course it's more of the same :) With some new annoyances like unkillable rats...

• Advertisement

I've the dlc completely finish now. Those god damn rats are an absolute pain but the rat ability is fun. I've been using duel Scythes which is a bit much but pretty cool weapon

I'm sticking to Thor's hammer and Odin's spear since I've found them, I don't thing there's any cooler weapons....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mjolnir has been pretty much the only weapon I’ve used since I got it, brilliant to have it in the game. Have Excalibur as my second weapon just for the fun of it too but it rarely gets used, bit too slow and cumbersome for me.

I like to swap between different weapons and runes just to change the game up a bit. I don't bother with a shield but broken wings shield is excellent

I thought I asked this earlier, but I must have just imagined it!

How does dual scythes compare to dual spears? I'm currently rocking Gae Bolg in main hand and the Carolingian Pike in the other.

I feel pretty unstoppable 😁

I don't play that many games, but would have always played the Assassins Creed games. Why is no one talking about how much of a broken mess this game is? Broken menu structures; broken river navigation; the overuse of fog; the hammy voice acting; the feeling that this was thrown out as it needed to meet some sort of deadline.

They are pretty big but have good range when you swing them around, ideal when your surrounded by multiple enemies and can do a lot of damage. I like duel frails too if you do the right combo and just keep swinging you'll kill enemies easily. Theres so many weapons combos to use, its a bit of fun trying different weapons with each other

I agree, lots of combos to try out.

I might try dual heavy swords next 😁

They a bit cumbersome but depends who your fighting. For a good while I used the broken wings shield and excalibur both with fire runes, a block with the shield and heavy attack with excalibur caused them both to ignite. Is a bit chaotic to be honest

I'm 193 hours into the game, I've only had about 4 or 5 bugs happen so far on xbox. The game has been running very well for me

• Advertisement

Cyberpunk is way more polished than this

Arguably it's a better game, but it's definitely not more polished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭quokula

Same here, dozens of hours played, completed the main game and druids DLC and I don't think I've noticed any bugs of note. There was a period when the Christmas event was live and you'd spawn drunk whenever you died which was annoying, but I can't think of any other bugs that I've been affected by.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've about 55hrs done and no major bugs that I can remember.

Middle of the druids DLC but I'm nowhere near done on the main game yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I played it for about 160 hrs, including all the DLC, in that time I have had 3 or 4 bugs. The worst one was a world event that wouldn’t trigger, which was extra annoying as it was all I needed to get the platinum. I was waiting about 5 months for them to fix that one. In my entire original play through my quiver was bugged so that no matter how much I upgraded it, I was stuck with the paltry default amount of arrows.

It isn’t the buggy mess that some make it out to be, and it is probably 100% fine now, but it had the roughest launch since Unity and they need to do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Probably hijacking this thread, but I want to try at least on AC game and Odyssey has a free 60 FPS boost on new consoles and it looks a lot more cheerful than Valhalla. How is Odyssey ?

How is Odyssey ?

Go for it, it's good. Combat is definitely better than this one and they went wild with the writing, especially if you're also getting the DLCs.

In AC:V it's a shame they didn't develop more on the Norse and Celtic mythology.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I prefer Odyssey, I think I've about 150+ hrs in Odyssey and loved it.

I find using the ship in Odyssey is better due to the sea being more accessible, I fast travel alot in Valhalla.

Advertisement