Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,276 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Finally speech fixed when trading goods! This was really annoying me!!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Polar101

DLC is going to be set in Ireland. I was kind of hoping they'd do that, let's see how it turns out.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-03-18-assassins-creed-valhallas-ireland-expansion-arrives-in-april
    Wrath of the Druids, the first major expansion for Assassin's Creed Valhalla, launches on 29th April.

Set in Ireland, a new country for the game, Wrath of the Druids will see Valhalla heroine Eivor tracking members of a druidic cult named the Children of Danu. You'll also dive into Gaelic myths and folklores, and meet even more local kings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Interesting bit of trivia. Danu is believed to be the mother of the Tuatha Dé Danann, which roughly translates to " The peoples of the goddess Danu."

An AC game could be made from the legends of the Four Treasures of the Tuatha alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Interesting bit of trivia. Danu is believed to be the mother of the Tuatha Dé Danann, which roughly translates to " The peoples of the goddess Danu."

An AC game could be made from the legends of the Four Treasures of the Tuatha alone.

Also my daughters name. Might have to pick this one up on that basis alone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭quokula

I normally never get the DLC for AC games because the base game always has more than enough content. Picked up the season pass for this though just to see what the Ireland setting is like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,276 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

quokula wrote: »
    I normally never get the DLC for AC games because the base game always has more than enough content. Picked up the season pass for this though just to see what the Ireland setting is like.

Same. Need to level up and finish main campaign. I wanna explore a crannog or ring Fort.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭recyclops

i am going to check out if I can smash up glendalough, if I cant im out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

recyclops wrote: »
    i am going to check out if I can smash up glendalough, if I cant im out

Mate, it's a game about being an assassin, not a game about being from Tallaght on a bank holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭jones

Yeah think i'll get the pass just to play the Ireland DLC. Not often we get games set here ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

quokula wrote: »

Aye, Ive been holding out to see what thats like. Hopefully they dont decide to "reimagine" what Ireland was like 1000 years ago based on current social ideals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Aye, Ive been holding out to see what thats like. Hopefully they dont decide to "reimagine" what Ireland was like 1000 years ago based on current social ideals.

I will be shocked if they somehow manage to resist the urge to include the leprechaun accents and copious amounts of drunk NPCs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,209 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm eager to try it.

I'd be less eager to play through a few dozen hours of AC Valhalla to get to the Irish DLC parts :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

There were lots of parts of breath of the wild that felt so like Ireland to me, e.g. rural Wicklow or Kerry. Pity Valhalla is a so-so game that requires a lot of your time. Will definitely get it one day for the Ireland DLC if it drops in price a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Markitron wrote: »
    I will be shocked if they somehow manage to resist the urge to include the leprechaun accents and copious amounts of drunk NPCs.

Was there enough drunk people in the base game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭dohboy

I'm 30+ hours into this and, dunno, not really feeling it. It's... fine? Just not very captivating imo. I think Odyssey might be my personal AC high-water mark. Maybe I've had my fill now until there's a big revamp or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

aye, 50 hours in and haven't gone back to it in a while. Much preferred origins and odyssey.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,519 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think the only aspect I truly prefer in Valhalla over Odyssey is the World Events.

Still enjoyed it and am close to a platinum on it but it really lagged in parts.

Was there enough drunk people in the base game

Not only that. You could use then as a distraction.

• Advertisement

dohboy wrote: »
    I'm 30+ hours into this and, dunno, not really feeling it. It's... fine? Just not very captivating imo. I think Odyssey might be my personal AC high-water mark. Maybe I've had my fill now until there's a big revamp or something.

Odyssey had some class gear. You had the likes of Poseidon's Trident which let you breath underwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

80ish hours in without completing it and I just can't go back... Its so Meh after Odyssey

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Each to their own but I'm surprised people think Odyssey is the better game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I just crossed the 100 hour mark and am quite happy with the game.
    I just feel like Kassandra was such a bad ass that's it's hard for people to let go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,799 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I suck at the drinking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I suck at the drinking game.

IRL or in game? :D

Yeah, I suck at it too and I saw a video where it was shown as an exploit to get quick money.
    Don't think I'd be able for that :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    IRL or in game? :D

Both! :D

I do like the flyting though.

"I was eating a bun, while loading a gun, and I decided to have some fun.."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The flyting is brilliantly absurd. It’s the first thing I search out every time I enter a new town or area.

They’re all a bit too easy, but there’s some decent comedy in most of them.

Just found the Prodigy easter egg the last day, got a nice chuckle out of that one. :D

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just found the Prodigy easter egg the last day, got a nice chuckle out of that one. :D
    That one is really really good :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,519 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

martyos121 wrote: »

It's excellent isn't it! There's a Winnie the Pooh one as well which is brilliant. Some really imaginative World Events here and there but the Prodigy one is definitely my favourite so far.

Advertisement