Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part III - 9 cases across the Island - 503 errors abound!! *read OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Downlinz wrote: »
    Anyone going to the supermarket tomorrow to stock up? Be honest.

its all gone, the shelves are bare if this thread is to to be believed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Being honest I would say yes. Ive been tipping away for 3 weeks now. Id say I ve 3 weeks worth of food now outside of a Tesco online shop yesterday. Im a bit more in tune as my little man has respiratory issues the last year.

There is no harm in getting a few tins of beans, few bags of pasta etc in. I dont think we wil get to the stage of having no food on the shelves but what I do see is an Xmas eve style rush in Dunnes and Tescos where you have lines of 20 people queuing up. Dont go mad, but dont be blase about it either. Stock up stuff you would use ina few months anyway. You cant go wrong. I wouldnt be freezing slice pans of bread but Id be getting rice, beans and water in at least

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

There is nothing to fear but...having to go shopping with the missus.

Thus that's a 'no' from me.

No need anyhow. It's not that serious.

I agree it's not serious enough yet but our government has been suss, so if they drop a load of cases in a day or two out of nowhere I don't want to be caught without bog roll :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Stocked up four weeks ago :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,188 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

it'll take about a month to really take off, maybe build up supplies over the next few weeks, try to go at less busy times as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

tillyfilly wrote: »
    its all gone, the shelves are bare if this thread is to to be believed

I was in my local Lidl today, plenty of stuff about. Just shop around, dont panic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

People will panic more when a glut of cases pops up 'out of nowhere'. So you buy a week or two of no panic, spread it more and finally confirm 20 cases at once.

Containment and transparency are the only game in town and the threshold before it gets out of control is in the tens of cases.

People already know that, so why are they waiting on simon harris to say it? most people have themselves convinced so, they are stalling for time imo theres gonna be plenty panic soon enough by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

In the UK they tell the public in detail where the positive cases are from and where the possible infection sources are.

Here the HSE released really vague information about the first 2 cases here, which results in crazy speculation and all kinds of unfounded rumors. The excuse of patient confidentiality for this vagueness is quite frankly ridiculous.

Meticulous case and contact identification is how you limit the spread of viral diseases like this and also by keeping the public onside and informed. So said Dr Bruce Aylward the WHO expert who defeated Ebola in Africa and who has almost defeated Polio worldwide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m048uAa8L3k

I do realize that we are all facing this huge unprecedented public health emergency for the first time and therefore everyone (including the HSE) deserves some slack, but mealy mouthed evasive answers to legitimate questions destroys trust and is not the way to go.

Please stop hiding essential information from us HSE and Health Minister… straight talking, transparency and honesty is key to defeating this menace which threatens us all.

I Hear you! ...Meanwhile in South Korea …

‘Coronavirus mobile apps are surging in popularity’

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/28/tech/korea-coronavirus-tracking-apps/index.html

The app allows people to:
    1. See the date that a coronavirus patient was confirmed to have the disease.
    2. See the patient's nationality, gender, age.
    3. See where the patient visited.
    4. The person using the app can also see how close they are to coronavirus patients.

The app was launched on February 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

I Hear you! ...Meanwhile South Korea Korea …
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/28/tech/korea-coronavirus-tracking-apps/index.html

1. See the date that a coronavirus patient was confirmed to have the disease
    2. See the patient's nationality, gender, age
    The person using the app can also see how close they are to coronavirus patients.

That's a recipe for disaster

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

4. The person using the app can also see how close they are to coronavirus patients.

This is how i imagine the app working :D

• Advertisement

that's until the app catches the virus unless the phone has anti virus software

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

That's a recipe for disaster

yep

it's coronavirus multiplied by tinder

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Best quote iv'e seen on the virus.

"If only this could only infect Brexit voters, prior to 2016"

Night folks

I thought the
    "if this could only infect sinn fein voters, prior to Feb 8th election" was funnier.
    Novel Sifed20 - far more dangerous to Ireland than Novel covid19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭josip

I'm surprised that nobody has been on here yet to say that they've been contacted by the HSE as part of the contact tracing in the 2 cases so far.
    It would leave me to believe that they're only contacting a small number of people and not notifying everyone who was on both flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

There may be an issue with test kits - vast majority are in Hubei apparently.

There is NO WAY, no matter what ridiculous god you believe in, that there is 570 new cases in Hubei and 34 new deaths while there are 3 confirmed cases for the remaining 1.3 billion.

Completely agree, they're clearly cooking the books.
    What I meant though was, have the other provinces simply not released today's figures yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

sdanseo wrote: »
    What I meant though was, have the other provinces simply not released today's figures yet?

That is the figures for the whole of China

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

fritzelly wrote: »
    That is the figures for the whole of China

Lol. Talk about wishful thinking.
    May as well pray to Mao's ghost for the real answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

josip wrote: »
    I'm surprised that nobody has been on here yet to say that they've been contacted by the HSE as part of the contact tracing in the 2 cases so far.
    It would leave me to believe that they're only contacting a small number of people and not notifying everyone who was on both flights.

Or that not that many people are on boards.

Now that it's been suggested I'm sure the Walter Mittys will be out in force though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Or that not that many people are on boards.

Now that it's been suggested I'm sure the Walter Mittys will be out in force though.

no shortage of them here

• Registered Users Posts: 16,371 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

So is it time to crack open each others skulls and feast on the goo inside yet?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

In Ireland - any locals would be able to identify them, where they lived, where they went to school and who their mammy is

Probably not a good idea here tbh ..

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DaithiMa

All we need is a hashtag to beat this poxy virus #JeSuisCOVID19

• Registered Users Posts: 23,488 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

sdanseo wrote: »

That's the rest of the whole country.

Several other provinces were reporting 1,000 cases each only last week.

Everyone can make up their own minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,707 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We need Simon Harris to reenact this speech/ Give us some hope

Just so everyone is aware of where Hubei actually is

191,w=756,q=high,c=0.bild.gif

Anything more to be said about China's figure of 3 (3!!!) cases for the rest of the country?

Just so everyone is aware of where Hubei actually is

191,w=756,q=high,c=0.bild.gif

Anything more to be said about China's figure of 3 (3!!!) cases for the rest of the country?

China is an authoritarian state, be sure the figures have been carefully arranged

• Registered Users Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Morning update from South Korea

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233921994678292480

This will increase dramatically later in the day at the evening update as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,184 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sunday World has ROI patient X details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sunday World has ROI patient X details

That's a disgrace if true.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement