Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime Day 2019 (15th & 16th)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

TomSweeney wrote: »
    as someone in work mentioned , prime day like Black Friday is where Amazon have deals on stuff you don't want, and no deals on anything you do want.

How come books are never included in these deals ?

I got a free 3 month trial of Kindle Unlimited a few days ago if that's any use? Not sure if it's still there. I have had Kindle Unlimited before, so it seems to have been available to all. I find it excellent and would probably be willing to pay for it if I had to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Don't really see a need for such a large SSD unless you are limited to one drive in your machine. While it provides a world changing boost to an OS stored on it, the same can't be said for videos, music, documents, even games etc. that run basically the same as off traditional storage.

1tb is nearly average now - throw a few steam game installs on it and it won't be long filling up - not too mention way faster to load. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Don't really see a need for such a large SSD even games etc. that run basically the same as off traditional storage.

they make a difference to loading times of games
    The next gen of consoles will be going down the SSD route as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

says the playstation classic deal is 92% claimed yet when I add to cart its showing the regular price...?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

sweetie wrote: »
    says the playstation classic deal is 92% claimed yet when I add to cart its showing the regular price...?

Do you have prime?

When you check out it should show discount price

Do you have prime?

When you check out it should show discount price

yes, it's not happening for this deal though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭ablelocks

TomSweeney wrote: »
    as someone in work mentioned , prime day like Black Friday is where Amazon have deals on stuff you don't want, and no deals on anything you do want.

How come books are never included in these deals ?

prime day book deals (not many)

sugarman wrote: »
    Managed to claim and stack £25 worth of free credit and claim it against an already discounted lightening deal that was at its all time low price according to camel camel camel. :D

care to share how?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

best deal out there today is prime for £59 for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

The PlayStation deal needs a UK delivery address.

Parcel Motel worked for me.

• Advertisement

handofdog wrote: »
    The PlayStation deal needs a UK delivery address.

Parcel Motel worked for me.

Price stays at 41.60 even when I specify parcelmotel. Onto customer service at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

best deal out there today is prime for £59 for the year.

I'm not sure this will be seen as such a good deal come October 31st. If the UK leaves without a deal, purchases on Amazon Uk will be subject to customs charges in the same way purchases from the Amazon US store are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Price stays at 41.60 even when I specify parcelmotel. Onto customer service at the moment....

Are you sure you're looking at the right listing?
    This link works for me.. £15.99 lightning deal, Deal is 74% Claimed
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-9980094-Sony-Classic-Console/dp/B071G84NHX/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Playstation+Classic+Retro+Console&qid=1563199785&s=gateway&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sr=8-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

NIMAN wrote: »
    Keep the people buying stuff they don't need!

Something is only a bargain if you need it.

Very true.

What a bunch of suckers.

On another note I just bought this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Janey Mack wrote: »
    I'm not sure this will be seen as such a good deal come October 31st. If the UK leaves without a deal, purchases on Amazon Uk will be subject to customs charges in the same way purchases from the Amazon US store are.

When you're a hammer everything's an invitation to discuss brexit.

Fairly certain they'd route Irish users through a European Amazon site to avoid this happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

this is a very valid point! Oh well! better make use of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Its partially expired now.

As per the other thread earlier in the week, there was a free £10 off a £25+ spend when you installed the Amazon Assistant Addon.

Then theres a free £5 off a £20+ spend when you download the mobile app and login for the first time. This is still valid as far as I know.

Then the free £10 Audible credit as mentioned over the last few pages. This is also still valid, until the 16th.

So you should still be able to get £15 off a £25+ spend.

Top Up your Amazon account by £80 and they'll give you £8 free as well. It's on HUKD but don't have a link to hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Mike3549

and then you cancel on the November 1st and get the remaining balance refunded.
    Simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Top Up your Amazon account by £80 and they'll give you £8 free as well. It's on HUKD but don't have a link to hand.
    Just note you need to actually click a button to "register" for this offer. I don't think it will work if you just top up separately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Mike3549

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryobi-R18IW3-120S-Impact-Wrench-Hyper/dp/B07FLYJ682/ref=sr_1_5?crid=38W1PHF4YXEK3&keywords=impact+wrench&qid=1563200875&s=gateway&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sprefix=imp%2Caps%2C165&sr=8-5

Ryobi One+ impact wrench kit with battery and charger £99.99.
    need this for the job next week,
    was thinking about buying it last week for £137, but luckily decided to wait till prime day.

Its partially expired now.

As per the other thread earlier in the week, there was a free £10 off a £25+ spend when you installed the Amazon Assistant Addon.

Then theres a free £5 off a £20+ spend when you download the mobile app and login for the first time. This is still valid as far as I know.

Then the free £10 Audible credit as mentioned over the last few pages. This is also still valid, until the 16th.

So you should still be able to get £15 off a £25+ spend.

can't get first 2, but signed up for the audible.

don't forget the £8 credit for topping up with £80!

antix80 wrote: »

they credited me with the difference! Was allowed use it on another item entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

the whole "deal is..% claimed" is a farce. i had the PS classic in my basket and said 95% claimed, then i went back 30 mins later and its was 75% claimed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

For the fiver you have to go to "Your prime" on PC and click the offer THEN download and sign into the app. Once signed in you select the drop down menu in the top left and select "Prime" to complete the offer.

Is it open for everyone? That deal doesnt appear as an option for me

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ALS wrote: »
    Banner showing on the audible homepage, get £10 Amazon credit with a free audible trial. States that the offer is available to Prime members who have not taken Audible membership or trial previously. Full terms listed below.

Just worked for me !!

I take it you miss out on the free three months you can usually get as a new user.

Mike3549 wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryobi-R18IW3-120S-Impact-Wrench-Hyper/dp/B07FLYJ682/ref=sr_1_5?crid=38W1PHF4YXEK3&keywords=impact+wrench&qid=1563200875&s=gateway&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sprefix=imp%2Caps%2C165&sr=8-5

Ryobi One+ impact wrench kit with battery and charger £99.99.
    need this for the job next week,
    was thinking about buying it last week for £137, but luckily decided to wait till prime day.

Thanks,
    Been wanting that for ages .
    Got it body only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

got an iphone XR on amazon.de for €679.99, RRP €849 in Germany (879 RRP irish price from Apple) - landing on Wednesday.

At full price it is too bloody dear, the previous €777 price was questionable but at €679 its just about justifiable.

and indeed, its a stupidly dear price for a non too of the range phone, but the company will cover most of the cost, so for me its nearly €100 less I've to cover out of my pocket so happy enough with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Trying to order Echo Dot 3 with Amazon Music 6 months for £22 but it isn't letting me purchase it, I had similar issue earlier where it wouldn't let me buy the PS Classic I think if I do change to my PM address it will work but surely these can be sent to Ireland? Neither of them said this product does not ship to Ireland..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Trying to order Echo Dot 3 with Amazon Music 6 months for £22 but it isn't letting me purchase it, I had similar issue earlier where it wouldn't let me buy the PS Classic I think if I do change to my PM address it will work but surely these can be sent to Ireland? Neither of them said this product does not ship to Ireland..

I didn't think any amazon devices could be sent here without PM, addresspal or similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I had the same with the half price fire TV stick. I stuck in my PM NI address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

€550 for a Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p 165Hz

...I'm on the fence. The games I play the most are really fps intensive, but I do play other games that would really benefit from the increased fps. And they would all benefit from the 1440p as I'm currently on a 1080p monitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

The 3000 should be fine. I used one for cutting hard wall tiles and with the right blade it did a great job. But I have had to order new brushes for mine which seems strange as it is quite new

• Registered Users Posts: 12 elcosmito

does anyone with prime account can check price of this for me?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADJ-1237000157-Focus-Spot-One/dp/B01L77PJ6E/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=adj+spot&qid=1563207213&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-1

it was at some stage for less then 200 then when i added to the basket went up to regular price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I didn't think any amazon devices could be sent here without PM, addresspal or similar.

I think I can order it without the 6 months Amazon music but would prefer to have it included without having to use PM .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Buttros

elcosmito wrote: »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADJ-1237000157-Focus-Spot-One/dp/B01L77PJ6E/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=adj+spot&qid=1563207213&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-1

it was at some stage for less then 200 then when i added to the basket went up to regular price

Coming in at 460 for me. I have prime too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

You need a UK debit or credit card setup as your default payment method for Amazon Music. Revolut should work.

its the amazon music that's stopping the echo order - can't get Amazon Music in ireland afaik.

if you order the dot on it's own it should ship...

@mickeroo - most if not all of the amazon devices will ship direct to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 elcosmito

Buttros wrote: »
    Coming in at 460 for me. I have prime too

thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Zatoichi wrote: »
    €550 for a Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p 165Hz

...I'm on the fence. The games I play the most are really fps intensive, but I do play other games that would really benefit from the increased fps. And they would all benefit from the 1440p as I'm currently on a 1080p monitor.

The Asus PG279Q (which has the same panel) is not reduced in price but there's 20% off the pre owned ones on Amazon warehouse. I'm not sure if that's any help but it's at least another option to muddy the waters!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Are there any deals on Prime membership itself? I couldn't see any. Would appreciate if anyone can post links if such a thing becomes available...

Monokne wrote: »
    Are there any deals on Prime membership itself? I couldn't see any. Would appreciate if anyone can post links if such a thing becomes available...

It was on discount in the leadup to Prime Day. I think this happens every year.

Basil3 wrote:
    It was on discount in the leadup to Prime Day. I think this happens every year.

Still is on the front-page of site

Monokne wrote: »

So it is....£20 off for the year

This link should work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

PS4 Bundles with extra controller £219. Few bundles to choose from.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07V6BVJ6B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

elcosmito wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Must buy myself a nice pair of specs while I'm at it so :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

Anyone else having an issue signing up the £10 audible trial?
    Keep getting
    "Sorry! An error occurred while processing your purchase.
    Please try again in a few moments. If the problem persists, please contact us."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

honda boi wrote: »
    Anyone else having an issue signing up the £10 audible trial?
    Keep getting
    "Sorry! An error occurred while processing your purchase.
    Please try again in a few moments. If the problem persists, please contact us."
    prob getting jammed from all the people signing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

anyone spot any deals for GPUs ?

Advertisement