Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day 2019 (15th & 16th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Pretty much none of the deals are working, how is it possible a company like amazon could fail at this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I couldn't get deals either from links. But I went through the prime deals link and on from there and it worked no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 21,342 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If the offers don’t show up on the item page, they should still be applied at checkout. Make sure you go that far and check, if it still doesn’t work, then it’s an issue.

TheDriver wrote: »
    I couldn't get deals either from links. But I went through the prime deals link and on from there and it worked no problem

What do you mean? On a rare occasion if I go back and click again sometimes it will show the right price, but then can't replicate it. Dunno whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,020 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Keep the people buying stuff they don't need!

Something is only a bargain if you need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

They are having technical issues - was just onto them on chat.

chasm wrote: »
    They are having technical issues - was just onto them on chat.

Hopefully they're not pulling an ebay (advertising a deal until midnight then pulling it at 1pm) but in this case putting up deals which don't really exist in order to bring traffic, hope a few people are stupid enough to buy without noticing the price change after clicking the deal and then pretend it is a technical glitch. How many primedays and other sales have amazon done, you would think they'd have perfected it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

spix wrote: »
    Hopefully they're not pulling an ebay (advertising a deal until midnight then pulling it at 1pm) but in this case putting up deals which don't really exist in order to bring traffic, hope a few people are stupid enough to buy without noticing the price change after clicking the deal and then pretend it is a technical glitch. How many primedays and other sales have amazon done, you would think they'd have perfected it by now.

Seems to be sorted now :)

chasm wrote: »
    Seems to be sorted now :)

Yep, they must've realised I was on to them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Anyone see any good deals on Ssd drive. Need one for nvidia shield

Looking myself also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 NathanDrake

Philips hue starter set+ echo for 90 pound is brilliant sale

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Anyone see any good deals on Ssd drive. Need one for nvidia shield

Looking myself also

Samsung 1TB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

CyberGhost wrote: »

Thanks
    Does this require enclosure to act as hub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

For those wanting Ring Doorbells

Ring 2 £119.00

Ring Pro £149.00

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

4k fire stick for 25£
    Fire 8hd tablet for 44£, great for kids

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭leitrim4life

Echo show 5 49.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Interesting to see how they get on with Prime deliveries? Anything that takes longer than 2 working days and I'll be on to them to see if I can get a "token of goodwill". Often get a fivers credit or a months free Prime when anything is late.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Echo show 5 49.99

got one of these the other day for 80 quid. They are very good.

Yeah the deals all look **** enough sadly. Can’t say I’m hugely surprised though.

I did see PS4 DualShock controllers going for £29.99 which is good tbf - of course being the first item to actually interest me, the reviews are filled with people saying they’re fakes which don’t really work. They’re listed as “Amazon’s choice though” surely they wouldn’t knowingly put their name to fraudulent goods?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

For those wanting Ring Doorbells

Ring 2 £119.00

Ring Pro £149.00

Is this a good deal? Have a Ring on my "to get" list for a new house but haven't looked at prices at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Is this a good deal? Have a Ring on my "to get" list for a new house but haven't looked at prices at all.

checking camelcamelcamel it's not exactly the cheapest its ever been, but it's very close.

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Ring-Doorbell-Transformer-Two-Way-Detection/product/B072KLVTQP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Yeah the deals all look **** enough sadly. Can’t say I’m hugely surprised though.

I did see PS4 DualShock controllers going for £29.99 which is good tbf - of course being the first item to actually interest me, the reviews are filled with people saying they’re fakes which don’t really work. They’re listed as “Amazon’s choice though” surely they wouldn’t knowingly put their name to fraudulent goods?

I suspect the “Amazon’s choice" recommendation is just computer generated on the bases of sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

septicsac wrote: »
    4k fire stick for 25£
    Fire 8hd tablet for 44£, great for kids

Is anyone savvy on the Fire Stick? I have Prime, mainly to watch the tennis. We also have a year old 4K tv. Is a fire stick needed to watch Prime Video on the TV, or can I stream directly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

At £95 this is the cheapest this has ever been

Netatmo Weather Station Indoor Outdoor with Wireless Outdoor Sensor - Compatible with Amazon Alexa, NWS01-EU https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01084QX9Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_a5dlDb3WFK8QX

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tusk wrote: »
    got one of these the other day for 80 quid. They are very good.

Think I'm going to get one for the desk at home and move my Echo somewhere else. What's the sound like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Think I'm going to get one for the desk at home and move my Echo somewhere else. What's the sound like?

Good for the size of it. Was actually quite surprised when I first turned it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tusk wrote: »
    Good for the size of it. Was actually quite surprised when I first turned it on.

Great. Added benefit of YouTube shortly I hope now that Amazon and Google have made up.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bonjurkes

brophs wrote: »
    Is anyone savvy on the Fire Stick? I have Prime, mainly to watch the tennis. We also have a year old 4K tv. Is a fire stick needed to watch Prime Video on the TV, or can I stream directly?

Is it smart TV? If yes, try checking Google Play Store, or your TV's own app store, if they have Amazon Video (or Prime app). If you have a smart tv that isn't too slow, Amazon stick is not really needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

They are sold and dispatched by Amazon. They cant be fake.

Advertisement