Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day 2019 (15th & 16th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I can't see the audible free 10 pounds offer anywhere on the audible home page.

How are people getting the free tenner?

Cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

antix80 wrote: »
    "Dispatched from and sold by 7dayshop Limited."

Try a different seller

It's says dispatched and sold from Amazon for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

sweetie wrote: »

Worked here too cheers.

It's £8 free when you top up your account by £80, for anyone who didn't click the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

my3cents wrote:
    Have to ask, why would you have two prime accounts?

Mine and my wife's, one prime payment, two accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N8RYGC4/ref=gbps_img_m-7_6641_c1b6a970?pf_rd_p=b6fe6764-5837-4ac5-923c-97c2054c6641&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=10407971031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=AWXFBG6QAD90H9NQJV6R

not sure how much they will drop but would be pretty nice purchase for wireless headphones, own a pair for couple years and does stand up to its name. Not ear buds but cable does tidy up nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Opted in to the audible offer and signed up. How do I access the 10 or will it eventually just get added to my amazon account?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    Opted in to the audible offer and signed up. How do I access the 10 or will it eventually just get added to my amazon account?

From what I an see it applies a £10 discount on an item at checkout rather than applying credit to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

scamalert wrote: »
    samsung ssd 1tb deal looks ok for 100pound to get internal storage upgraded, few monitors discounted but would need proper research, otherwise a lot of crap deals that one could get on any day really.

Don't really see a need for such a large SSD unless you are limited to one drive in your machine. While it provides a world changing boost to an OS stored on it, the same can't be said for videos, music, documents, even games etc. that run basically the same as off traditional storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Mine and my wife's, one prime payment, two accounts.

Have just done the same with mine and the OH's accounts. Signed up for two Audible accounts also for the £10 offer, so now have made £36 today in free money :)

Now what to spend it all on ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

as someone in work mentioned , prime day like Black Friday is where Amazon have deals on stuff you don't want, and no deals on anything you do want.

How come books are never included in these deals ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

TomSweeney wrote: »
    as someone in work mentioned , prime day like Black Friday is where Amazon have deals on stuff you don't want, and no deals on anything you do want.

I got a free 3 month trial of Kindle Unlimited a few days ago if that's any use? Not sure if it's still there. I have had Kindle Unlimited before, so it seems to have been available to all. I find it excellent and would probably be willing to pay for it if I had to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭turbbo

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Don't really see a need for such a large SSD unless you are limited to one drive in your machine. While it provides a world changing boost to an OS stored on it, the same can't be said for videos, music, documents, even games etc. that run basically the same as off traditional storage.

1tb is nearly average now - throw a few steam game installs on it and it won't be long filling up - not too mention way faster to load. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Don't really see a need for such a large SSD even games etc. that run basically the same as off traditional storage.

they make a difference to loading times of games
    The next gen of consoles will be going down the SSD route as well

says the playstation classic deal is 92% claimed yet when I add to cart its showing the regular price...?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

says the playstation classic deal is 92% claimed yet when I add to cart its showing the regular price...?

Do you have prime?

When you check out it should show discount price

Do you have prime?

When you check out it should show discount price

yes, it's not happening for this deal though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

TomSweeney wrote: »

prime day book deals (not many)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

sugarman wrote: »
    Managed to claim and stack £25 worth of free credit and claim it against an already discounted lightening deal that was at its all time low price according to camel camel camel. :D

care to share how?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

best deal out there today is prime for £59 for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

The PlayStation deal needs a UK delivery address.

Parcel Motel worked for me.

• Advertisement

handofdog wrote: »
    The PlayStation deal needs a UK delivery address.

Parcel Motel worked for me.

Price stays at 41.60 even when I specify parcelmotel. Onto customer service at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

best deal out there today is prime for £59 for the year.

I'm not sure this will be seen as such a good deal come October 31st. If the UK leaves without a deal, purchases on Amazon Uk will be subject to customs charges in the same way purchases from the Amazon US store are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Price stays at 41.60 even when I specify parcelmotel. Onto customer service at the moment....

Are you sure you're looking at the right listing?
    This link works for me.. £15.99 lightning deal, Deal is 74% Claimed
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-9980094-Sony-Classic-Console/dp/B071G84NHX/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Playstation+Classic+Retro+Console&qid=1563199785&s=gateway&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sr=8-2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

NIMAN wrote: »
    Keep the people buying stuff they don't need!

Something is only a bargain if you need it.

Very true.

What a bunch of suckers.

On another note I just bought this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Janey Mack wrote: »
    I'm not sure this will be seen as such a good deal come October 31st. If the UK leaves without a deal, purchases on Amazon Uk will be subject to customs charges in the same way purchases from the Amazon US store are.

When you're a hammer everything's an invitation to discuss brexit.

Fairly certain they'd route Irish users through a European Amazon site to avoid this happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

this is a very valid point! Oh well! better make use of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sugarman wrote: »
    Its partially expired now.

As per the other thread earlier in the week, there was a free £10 off a £25+ spend when you installed the Amazon Assistant Addon.

Then theres a free £5 off a £20+ spend when you download the mobile app and login for the first time. This is still valid as far as I know.

Then the free £10 Audible credit as mentioned over the last few pages. This is also still valid, until the 16th.

So you should still be able to get £15 off a £25+ spend.

Top Up your Amazon account by £80 and they'll give you £8 free as well. It's on HUKD but don't have a link to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Mike3549

and then you cancel on the November 1st and get the remaining balance refunded.
    Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Top Up your Amazon account by £80 and they'll give you £8 free as well. It's on HUKD but don't have a link to hand.
    Just note you need to actually click a button to "register" for this offer. I don't think it will work if you just top up separately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Mike3549

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryobi-R18IW3-120S-Impact-Wrench-Hyper/dp/B07FLYJ682/ref=sr_1_5?crid=38W1PHF4YXEK3&keywords=impact+wrench&qid=1563200875&s=gateway&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sprefix=imp%2Caps%2C165&sr=8-5

Ryobi One+ impact wrench kit with battery and charger £99.99.
    need this for the job next week,
    was thinking about buying it last week for £137, but luckily decided to wait till prime day.

Advertisement