Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

chewed wrote: »
    How about just "paint"! It's appalling how paint on roads is never maintained in this country. They wait till it's completely faded before deciding to repaint. Even when they put a new patch down, they paint the lines on only that patch and don't continue....surely if they've gone to the bother of getting the lads out, why not do the rest of the road. The mind boggles!

Look up north for example road signs are lit. Motorway wrong way are lit plus flash red.

More arrows, no entry painted lines and a good thing which is fairly new is traffic lights with directional arrows on green, orange and red.

The reflective directional signs are usually dirty, in the wrong place or smashed beyond recognition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Slideways

Was deliberately hit by a lunatic in a ute who basically pitted me US cop style at 80kph on the freeway as we crossed over a bridge while i attempted to merge. Something had messed up on my card and it only had 800mb space instead of 32gb and it never saved the footage as the card was full from door slamming setting off the event function every once in a while. D'oh!

Luckily I managed to save the car from hitting other cars or the crash barriers on the bridge. Took some persuading to get the seat material out of my ass... Just paint damage on the bumper and a small dent in the quarter panel

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Snow Place to park!! - If you hate mountains with snow on them skip to the end, though it's probably still not worth it!

Know your lane.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

One from this morning, was pretty dark and then this eejit decides to overtake two cars, nearly hitting a truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Wow very quiet here - did everyone miss the announcement there was a new thread!

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    Wow very quiet here - did everyone miss the announcement there was a new thread!
    They're probably still subscribed to the old thread.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

They're probably still subscribed to the old thread.

Yeah, 4-5 videos already posted and none of us have been called out as being c**t drivers!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

inforfun wrote: »

That Bentley was fairly moving....

Wasn't expecting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Little compilation this time around:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Two were foreign regs and one UK.

I must have missed the day in Goegraphy class when we were told the the UK was not foreign! :cool::pac::D:eek::p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

yannakis wrote: »

You're not exactly a model of prefect driving yourself in some of these clips, speeding, tail gating, over taking on continious white line and chopping lanes at roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,136 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Yeah, 4-5 videos already posted and none of us have been called out as being c**t drivers!! :pac::pac::pac:
    davo2001 wrote: »
    You're not exactly a model of prefect driving yourself in some of these clips, speeding, tail gating, over taking on continious white line and chopping lanes at roundabouts.
    rPNCqww.jpg

Happy new thread, everyone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Meleftone

Beat me to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

I just laugh when people call out other peoples driving and yet they don't take a minute to look at there own mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Thanks judge Judy :rolleyes:

Constructive criticism is welcome.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I just laugh when people call out other peoples driving and yet they don't take a minute to look at there own mistakes.
    So you've just called out another person's driving (didn't really see much wrong)... Where's your dash cam video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Seen that on Facebook last night. Bentley Driver did a legger. Got 14 months in jail and 4 years 7 months off the road.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

yannakis wrote:

davo2001 wrote:

davo2001 wrote:

It's still entertainment lads, it takes a long time and work to put that amount of clips together. Maybe some of you should try it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Conspectus wrote: »
    Seen that on Facebook last night. Bentley Driver did a legger. Got 14 months in jail and 4 years 7 months off the road.

I dont mind posting daily mail links ;)

Just didnt look sooner in the comments on Dumpert. There is usually someone doing the legwork there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Seve OB wrote: »
    I must have missed the day in Goegraphy class when we were told the the UK was not foreign! :cool::pac::D:eek::p

and History class

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Isambard wrote: »
    and History class

well i clearly missed way to much school :confused::confused::confused:

what has history got to do with it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

yannakis wrote: »
    Thanks judge Judy :rolleyes:

Constructive criticism is welcome.
    And at least for once the constructive criticism was warranted :p

Well, that didn't take long!

Edit: it was hours ago, but so what! :P

I dont mind posting daily mail links ;)

Just didnt look sooner in the comments on Dumpert. There is usually someone doing the legwork there.
    Makes you wonder if he was drunk at the time, but sober by the time the police caught up with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

‘Their’ own mistakes.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

2 Crashes this week.
    First on M2 on Tuesday morning
    Second today near Dunboyne
    What I do not understand, is why Gardai in both instances were sitting in their cars instead of clearing the road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

reklamos wrote: »
    2 Crashes this week.
    First on M2 on Tuesday morning
    Second today near Dunboyne
    What I do not understand, is why Gardai in both instances were sitting in their cars instead of clearing the road?

Pics for insurance/charges?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement