Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

yannakis wrote:
    Little compilation this time around:

davo2001 wrote:
    You're not exactly a model of prefect driving yourself in some of these clips, speeding, tail gating, over taking on continious white line and chopping lanes at roundabouts.

davo2001 wrote:
    I just laugh when people call out other peoples driving and yet they don't take a minute to look at there own mistakes.

It's still entertainment lads, it takes a long time and work to put that amount of clips together. Maybe some of you should try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Conspectus wrote: »
    Seen that on Facebook last night. Bentley Driver did a legger. Got 14 months in jail and 4 years 7 months off the road.

I dont mind posting daily mail links ;)

Just didnt look sooner in the comments on Dumpert. There is usually someone doing the legwork there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Seve OB wrote: »
    I must have missed the day in Goegraphy class when we were told the the UK was not foreign! :cool::pac::D:eek::p

and History class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Isambard wrote: »
    and History class

well i clearly missed way to much school :confused::confused::confused:

what has history got to do with it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

yannakis wrote: »
    Thanks judge Judy :rolleyes:

Constructive criticism is welcome.
    And at least for once the constructive criticism was warranted :p

Yeah, 4-5 videos already posted and none of us have been called out as being c**t drivers!! :pac::pac::pac:
    davo2001 wrote: »
    You're not exactly a model of prefect driving yourself in some of these clips, speeding, tail gating, over taking on continious white line and chopping lanes at roundabouts.
    Well, that didn't take long!

Edit: it was hours ago, but so what! :P

inforfun wrote: »
    I dont mind posting daily mail links ;)

Just didnt look sooner in the comments on Dumpert. There is usually someone doing the legwork there.
    Makes you wonder if he was drunk at the time, but sober by the time the police caught up with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

davo2001 wrote: »
    I just laugh when people call out other peoples driving and yet they don't take a minute to look at there own mistakes.
    ‘Their’ own mistakes.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

2 Crashes this week.
    First on M2 on Tuesday morning
    Second today near Dunboyne
    What I do not understand, is why Gardai in both instances were sitting in their cars instead of clearing the road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,677 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

reklamos wrote: »
    2 Crashes this week.
    What I do not understand, is why Gardai in both instances were sitting in their cars instead of clearing the road?

Pics for insurance/charges?

waiting for recovery and/or interviewing the driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Motorway one may be waiting on the TII motorway support crews, the second clip depends on the circumstances, may have been a hit and run, may need to wait on a sargent or similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭bladespin

reklamos wrote: »
    2 Crashes this week.

Not the guard's job, just try to warn oncoming motorists of a potential hazard.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    "OH MY GOOOOOD!!!" :rolleyes:

It's crazy just how that SUV flipped over so easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭honda boi

Benzino wrote: »

Annoying voice.
    But I did have a laugh when the jeep flipped on it side :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

Her voice is like a ****ing drill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah, I probably should have give a warning on the voice, my bad ha

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

love the commentating:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Dejá vu... Another Corolla driver that didn't look to the right?

I cant count the amount of ppl who don't look right at that junction. Its unreal, especially as its a zebra crossing as well.

A little compilation from the past month.

I tried to cut it down as much as possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

tedpan wrote: »

Gotta ask. At 3:00 minutes what the hell are you doing loitering out in the middle lane! You're making a point of showing a guy passing you then pulling in but what else was that person supposed to do, undertake you! ( which is what another driver ends up doing) Get out of the way and stop being so god damn sanctimonious. You're the moron who causes everyone else to get frustrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jimbis

Gotta ask. At 3:00 minutes what the hell are you doing loitering out in the middle lane! You're making a point of showing a guy passing you then pulling in but what else was that person supposed to do, undertake you! ( which is what another driver ends up doing) Get out of the way and stop being so god damn sanctimonious. You're the moron who causes everyone else to get frustrated.

That looks to be an auxiliary lane on the far left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭Damien360

That looks like M1 north 2nd exit after airport and that lane on left disappears to exit very soon after. Note lines on his left getting closer than those on right indicating exit ahead and not a lane.

Wow, well done, that's the Swords exit. I'm in the left lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Wow, well done, that's the Swords exit. I'm in the left lane.

Only that silver BMW had the little radio antenna on the roof, I'd have been checking my own cameras to see if it was my missus!!

That is indeed the point where the M1 N goes from 3 to 2 lanes, and the far left lane becomes the Lusk/Skerries slip road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

5:15 We're all thinking the same thing... right? No comment :o

jaxxx wrote:
    5:15 We're all thinking the same thing... right? No comment

Lol, yep! The taxi behind was beeping at the time too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,677 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

jaxxx wrote: »
    5:15 We're all thinking the same thing... right? No comment :o

Don't know what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Compilation ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Excellent as always dickwod.

You appear to have the patience of a very patient person!!
    If it were me, at least half those people would be brown bread!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Compilation ...

In fairness, the guy at 2:23 appears to have only one eye. No depth of perception.

did you post the wrong clip? That was Zombie Apocalypse right?

Is everybody in Dublin city centre on drugs nowadays?

That being said, saw few clips where i would have stopped without any complaint for crossing pedestrians. Taking a left turn while people are about to cross, my Dutch driving education tells me to wait for them to cross.
    Obviously not talking about the ones where pedestrians cross while they have a red traffic light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

inforfun wrote: »
    And a compilation from our favourite area of the world as it comes to dashcam footage, Eastern Europe

I would be curious to know how their insurance costs compare with here on a like for like basis.
    Going by the rhetoric of the insurance companies here, and after all the videos we have seen from there, i would imagine the cost of their motor insurance is crazy with having to pay out for those loonies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

@1:10 you give out about a guy blazing through a stop sign
    Very next clip you do the same thing and nearly hit a car turning right across you? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

......and we're off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭honda boi

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Compilation ...

I think its funny how kids thinks its funny strolling and walking in front of the cars to be cool.
    My father taught me if I think its cool playing Russian roulette with 2 tons of metal go ahead,but don't cry when you get hit. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Dublin city centre is like the walking dead except with less intelligence demonstrated by the zombies.

I think it's gotten so much worse over the last 12 months or so. Lots of people on phones strolling across roads without paying attention, especially at junctions like the bottom of Fishamble Street in the video.

GreeBo wrote:
    @1:10 you give out about a guy blazing through a stop sign Very next clip you do the same thing and nearly hit a car turning right across you?

No, of course I was stopping. It was highlighting the idiot driving across the junction. Maybe you're one of those oblivious people??

• Advertisement

No, of course I was stopping. It was highlighting the idiot driving across the junction. Maybe you're one of those oblivious people??

Your GPS speedo, even accounting for latency, would suggest otherwise...

Maybe I'm oblivious to what? That sentence makes no sense.:confused:

Tedpan was stopping.

4aa1d79925ecd02caaa39d6b3dfe3719.png

But since road markings are only applied once in this country, it is pretty difficult to see where the line exactly is. Still has a few meters to at the time of my screenshot. And clip cuts before a full standstill.

Muppet in grey car however is following the "racing line"

the stop line (if you could see it) would be at the junction not 10 metres before it. It's pretty obvious he was slowing to stop

GreeBo wrote:
    Maybe I'm oblivious to what? That sentence makes no sense.

Oblivious to when you're driving on the wrong side of the road, like the Clio..

Oblivious to when you're driving on the wrong side of the road, like the Clio..

Huh? What makes you think I drive on the wrong side of the road?

I'm not sure even you know where you are going with this one Ted. :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement