Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Browns trade Trent Richardson to Colts

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

davyjose wrote: »
    Two games in it with 5 weeks to go. And we face each other. TBH we are a dreadful football team right now. Were very lucky to beat yous and Houston. We could easily lose to Houston again. We have the Chiefs and the Bengals, and the three division games to go. One win out of all that wouldn't massively surprise me.

Yeah it will be tough, i'd imagine the Titans will be their own worst enemy tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Yeah it will be tough, i'd imagine the Titans will be their own worst enemy tbh!

Lol, you guys have a 2 game headstart, but it'll be a race to see who can fcuk up the worst, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Anyone see his effort on 4th and 1 last night? Pathetic.

He scored 11 tds for the Browns last year and was generally a monster in the Redzone. As a fan i suppose i was blinded by this. Lombardi and Banner not so much.

Things may change in a year or two but it really looks like robbery from the Browns FO. I apologise to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

TDs are nice and short yardage pick ups are nice but you can get both much cheaper than what the Browns were offered for Richardson.

That he is producing nothing right now is a massive shock tbh. If he had continued his Browns level production he would have been a disappointment, but it would have been a lively debate. His complete and utter floundering week in, week out is simply mesmerising however.

The other side of this mind is that the Brown's running game has been virtually non existent (like the Colts!) since Richardson left. McGahee is actually performing slightly worse, so I retract my assertion of Trent being the worst starting RB in the league. He's only the second worst! :) They should be able to pick up an improvement in the third or fourth round however.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

The other side of this mind is that the Brown's running game has been virtually non existent (like the Colts!) since Richardson left. McGahee is actually performing slightly worse, so I retract my assertion of Trent being the worst starting RB in the league. He's only the second worst! :) They should be able to pick up an improvement in the third or fourth round however.

They really liked Dion Lewis pre-season. He went on IR before the season started. McGahee is so bad. Completely done.
    We had Bobby Rainey earlier in the year but someone didn't see his potential.

Anyway, we are cooked. Please please sign Haden,Ward and Mack to new deals and let's see what the FO can do in May.

The Browns have room for manoevre in the draft. We're ****ed. Which means another dip in the washed up world of the FA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Billy86 wrote: »
    Less than 45 total yards per game.
    That's definitely wortha first round pick. Nice to see the Browns getting the better of a move given the terrible record they have had in recent years... e.g. Brady quinn...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Speaking of Colts RBs, what the hell happened to Donald Brown yesterday? His bad day all but relegated me in a fantasy league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That's definitely wortha first round pick. Nice to see the Browns getting the better of a move given the terrible record they have had in recent years... e.g. Brady quinn...
    The Browns will mess it up, way too much instability in how they are run. They'll either blow the picks ala Trent Richardson/Brandon Weeden or trade down and continue to lack the playmakers they need on offense. It's what happens all the time (they seem to have 2+ picks in both the first and second round every second year but it rarely comes to much of anything).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

We had Bobby Rainey earlier in the year but someone didn't see his potential.

Ravens front office also made an error in cutting Bobby Rainey. He was very good in pre season at RB and kick returner but the team decided to go with two running backs and two fullbacks. Who carries two full backs?? Some teams have none

Rainey was a practice squad player and a deal would have been cheap, cheap, cheap.

A few scrubs have come in since for the 3rd running back spot and Rainey was not signed when the Browns cut him.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Billy86 wrote: »
    The Browns will mess it up, way too much instability in how they are run. They'll either blow the picks ala Trent Richardson/Brandon Weeden or trade down and continue to lack the playmakers they need on offense. It's what happens all the time (they seem to have 2+ picks in both the first and second round every second year but it rarely comes to much of anything).
    You are talking about under a different ownership when you talk about the poor way they were run. Haslam might have some issues with his other businesses but he knows how to run a business and he will run the Browns well imo and they will improve a lot.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ravens front office also made an error in cutting Bobby Rainey. He was very good in pre season at RB and kick returner but the team decided to go with two running backs and two fullbacks. Who carries two full backs?? Some teams have none

Picked up Rainey in Fantasy thinking the Browns wouldn't miss and would start him over McGahee, how wrong was I? Obviously dropped him before his breakout but he's a star in the making.
    Would've preferred they cut Leach and keep Rainey but hindsight is 20/20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

eagle eye wrote: »
    You are talking about under a different ownership when you talk about the poor way they were run. Haslam might have some issues with his other businesses but he knows how to run a business and he will run the Browns well imo and they will improve a lot.
    Let's just say I'll believe it when I see it.

mikemac1 wrote: »

Rainey was a practice squad player and a deal would have been cheap, cheap, cheap.

A few scrubs have come in since for the 3rd running back spot and Rainey was not signed when the Browns cut him.

this bugs me every year theres a few players your team cuts that go on to play well for another team if you can see it it should be very obvious for the pros. the first time we cut jason babin comes to mind he ripped it up that preseason as well as a string of lbs we cut when we had a terrible group of lbs (eagles)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Colts finally come to their senses and bench Richardson in favour of Brown today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Colts finally come to their senses and bench Richardson in favour of Brown today.

That literally makes no difference to anything TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

taidghbaby wrote: »
    That literally makes no difference to anything TBH

well it might make a difference if it takes pressure off luck having to throw the ball constantly because Richardson is doing nothing on the ground.

5 carries for 19 yards in narrow win
    Brown 14 for 54 with 1 TD as the starter

Colts will fall into the playoffs it seems.

5 carries for 19 yards in narrow win
    Brown 14 for 54 with 1 TD as the starter

Ya weren't gonna let pally d get in ahead of ya this week!

Let me wipe away your tears with all these W's :pac:

• Advertisement

Gimme a B, Gimme a U, Gimme an S, Gimme a T, what's that spell........Trent Richardson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Love Trent's attitude. He'll make it with time and a lot of voices here will go silent when that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Syferus wrote: »
    Love Trent's attitude. He'll make it with time and a lot of voices here will go silent when that happens.

Guarantee he doesn't make it and I would be one to give players a real go.

6 carries for 20 yards in loss
    5 catches for 68 yards

Most yards from scrimmage since week 12 of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

In fairness he had a good game today

Raf32 wrote: »
    In fairness he had a good game today

He contributed positively for once, I agree. That it is his most positive performance in a whole year has to be a worry though.

He contributed positively for once, I agree. That it is his most positive performance in a whole year has to be a worry though.

agreed, still a bust until he proves otherwise, has at least 4 games left so he might pick it up some more

Well the Colts O looked half decent at times last night. If he's going to start improving, he's timed it well.

We gave up a second round pick on Vontae Davis who has been dire since the Denver game.

The AFC South champions will work out Saskatchewan Roughriders tailback Kory Sheets next week - Link
    Is Trent really that bad?

Is Trent really that bad?

Trent is a replacement level rusher so far for the Colts (114 Attempts, 326 yards, 2.9 ypc, 2 TDs, 1 Fumble) which means that theoretically any RB good enough to make a regular season NFL roster could match his production.

This is a fine spot for the Colts long term. Richardson has some value probably if you confine his involvement to short yardage conversion situations and / or passing attack situations. He will cost the Colts $6,602,671 total (fully guaranteed) over the period he is signed with them (through to the end of 2015) so they could leave him down the depth chart for that period and see what the story is at that juncture.

The wastage for the Colts is in the draft pick they spent to acquire him, but that's gone now. Moving forward, they ideally want to bring in a league average feature back and keep Richardson on the roster as a situational option.

• Advertisement

We have Vick Ballard, who I think has the makings of a very good back.

Like you said, the draft pick is the absolute killer in this situation. Could set us back another year or two.

I think the Browns sent us Michael Turner in a T-rich mask!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

taidghbaby wrote: »
    I think the Browns sent us Michael Turner in a T-rich mask!

The Colts wished they had Turner. A guy whos actually performed like a starting NFL running back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

D3PO wrote: »
    The Colts wished they had Turner. A guy whos actually performed like a starting NFL running back....
    Michael Turner didn't play a game this year, he was released before the season started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lloyd, you're slacking off mate :)

19 carries, 64 yards, 3.4 YPC
    4 receptions, 38 yards, 1 TD

He was stopped for 2 yards or less on 14 of his 19 carries.

Over 100 yards from scrimmage is good and maybe he is settling now, hopefully he stays consistent for next two weeks and playoffs, very dangerous weapon out of the backfield in the pass game it must be said

Better performance, but worth noting that majority of his rush yards came after the game was finished as a going concern and Brown managed 38 yards off 5 carries.

It's an improvement from some of the hapless performances from earlier in the year though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

eagle eye wrote: »
    Michael Turner didn't play a game this year, he was released before the season started.

Im aware of this I just meant Turner actually proved he was a bellcow RB in the NFL. Trent has not.

16 carries for 43 yards in win
    3 catches for 15 yards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Two Girls One Klopp

And Trent 2.5 confirms that this was the worst trade in the last 20 years of the NFL with a pathetic fumble on his first playoff touch to set up a 24-7 lead for the Chiefs. And to think people were criticising the Colts!

Put a fork in him, he's done. A huge, huge bust. He'll be out of football withing 2-3 years..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

How does a player's sub-par performance elicit such venom in people? I thought we had a little more sense here than the average fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Syferus wrote: »
    How does a player's sub-par performance elicit such venom in people? I thought we had a little more sense here than the average fan.

I don't think it's venom. He's clearly been awful, at least so far. I thought he'd do a lot better myself, clearly I called it wrong.

If we lose tonight, I won't forgive him for that fumble for a long, long time.

Tried to defend him every week because refuse to give up on your own players but he really sucks, worst move of Grigson era and wont be topped for a long time.

Tried to defend him every week because refuse to give up on your own players but he really sucks, worst move of Grigson era and wont be topped for a long time.

Yeah I tried to defend him too. His fumblecompletely tilted the game in KCs favour.

• Advertisement

Yeah I tried to defend him too. His fumblecompletely tilted the game in KCs favour.

Yup killed all Luck and the offences momentum, nearly blew the Denver game too when we played so well, cant release him but hope he is #3 next year for short yardage situations.

Yup killed all Luck and the offences momentum, nearly blew the Denver game too when we played so well, cant release him but hope he is #3 next year for short yardage situations.

We need a receiver and this years draft will be very deep for WRs. And we miss out. Fcuk. That.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Yes can't beleive he threw that pick and didn't cover Avery or Bowe.

Stop over reacting

We need a receiver and this years draft will be very deep for WRs. And we miss out. Fcuk. That.

Yup could have gone with brown and some journeyman this year and would have been no difference, then have brown, ballard and bradshaw next year with a new wr but no we really messed it up.

me89 wrote: »
    Yes can't beleive he threw that pick and didn't cover Avery or Bowe.

Stop over reacting

What are you talking about. He gave the ball away for a score at a pivotal moment of the game.

Look back through this thread and look at his stats and look how we defended him. Enough is enough. He was a waste of a draft pick. Simple as.

• Advertisement
Advertisement