Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I might go back to finish off those challenges and go for 100% but I moved onto God of War now, time to see what the other game of the year has going for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Just finished the story, and have to say I really enjoyed it. Poorly enough paced, but I’m that’s a hard thing to control in an open world game.

Cool wee thing in the end credits when I recognised
    Josh Homme’s
    voice on Cruel, Cruel World. Didn’t know he done a song for RDR2!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,014 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Bought a paper after the story finished and thought it was good how they mention a character you meet in the 1st game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Took a long time for the game to click with me but this is really a fantastic game. I’m just taking it easy with the missions and concentrating on getting all the legendary animals/fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Took a long time for the game to click with me but this is really a fantastic game. I’m just taking it easy with the missions and concentrating on getting all the legendary animals/fish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Just did the update and it said you have a gift from rockstar, but I didn’t register until too late so didn’t see what I got, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Just did the update and it said you have a gift from rockstar, but I didn’t register until too late so didn’t see what I got, does anyone know?

here ye go: https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/av51ik/youve_been_awarded_a_gift_from_rockstar/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

^ Well done on getting platinum for RDR2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭Riddle101

• Advertisement

Trelawney wouldn't look out of place in BioShock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Well I finished Chapter 6 and the epilogue.
    Damn, what a way to go. And the horse too! Bobbert no. Boah. :(

86.7% complete. All I have left are the collectibles, challenges and legendary animals.
    Will probably go for the legendary animals and call it a day.
    Then will begin the arsing around, exploration portion of play.

Loved it start to finish.

So I saw someone hanging from a tree outside Saint Denis. When I look down 3 lads wearing corspe paint were standing in front me. I killed before I could react.

Later on I helped a couple not far from the encounter. The husband mentioned the "Night Men".

I haven't anyone like the other 3 since, same guys he was talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So I saw someone hanging from a tree outside Saint Denis. When I look down 3 lads wearing corspe paint were standing in front me. I killed before I could react.

Later on I helped a couple not far from the encounter. The husband mentioned the "Night Men".

I haven't anyone like the other 3 since, same guys he was talking about?

Yup. They'll run at you and kill you every time if youre not quick. They pop up in that area at night. Sometimes carrying bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stilton748

Easily the best game on current gen consoles, havent put it down since i got it and no other game has caught my interest. They really nailed the setting of turn of the century America. Currently going for platinum, will be a pain grinding out that cash for the 5 horses in online with the amount of griefers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Pity no DLC for this. Would hve loved a couple of extra missions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭Damien360

Stilton748 wrote: »
    Easily the best game on current gen consoles, havent put it down since i got it and no other game has caught my interest. They really nailed the setting of turn of the century America. Currently going for platinum, will be a pain grinding out that cash for the 5 horses in online with the amount of griefers.

I finished last week finally. A bit of a grind for me in the end. Too many very long cut scenes. I have zero interest in playing it again.

I returned to God of War and can't believe how good the story is. I'd rate it better than RDR2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Pity no DLC for this. Would hve loved a couple of extra missions

I would have loved wagon paintin' DLC.

No bank heists is a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Damien360 wrote: »
    I finished last week finally. A bit of a grind for me in the end. Too many very long cut scenes. I have zero interest in playing it again.

I returned to God of War and can't believe how good the story is. I'd rate it better than RDR2.

I agree with this completely. Though for me the game was a bit of a grind from the get go, the controls, the pacing, the absolutely horrible gunplay; it all added to the "immersion" supposedly, but for me it took all the fun out of the game and that's primarily why I play games.

In all honesty throughout the course of my playthrough I went from thinking the game was mediocre, to flat out hating everything about it in the end. I only finished it because I had already invested so much time in it, and I actually never bothered with the epilogue.

Playing Days Gone at the moment, and for all its flaws, I think it does a far better job at being a video game than RDR2 ever managed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No bank heists is a let down.

Other than valentine and Rhodes?

Varik wrote: »
    Other than valentine and Rhodes?

I meant online similar to GTAV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I meant online similar to GTAV.

So heists rather than bank robberies missions in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

restarted this again after initially dropping off it, I reckoned it would be a shame to not finish it considering all the work that's gone into it. I'm glad I gave it a second chance, chipping away at a mission or two an evening. I don't think I'm particularly far, I've just
    Rescued mary lintons brother from the cult with the turtle on their jumpers
    and my next available mission is
    to rescue Micah

The deliberately slow pace is something that takes getting accustomed to, everything, from shopping to doing chores around the camp, is ponderously drawn out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

The deliberately slow pace is something that takes getting accustomed to, everything, from shopping to doing chores around the camp, is ponderously drawn out.

I really hated it. The first game is probably my favourite game but I just found the majority of 2 tedious and I gained very little from finishing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I really hated it. The first game is probably my favourite game but I just found the majority of 2 tedious and I gained very little from finishing it.

I don't think I'll be getting into any of the crafting etc unless it becomes absolutely needed.

Also - where do you access your journal? I keep getting a notification saying that your journal has been updated, but I cant find any way to access it?

Advertisement