Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,594 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Back playing GTA5. If only RDR2 had an invincibility and Skyfall cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cryan1011

a

• Registered Users Posts: 1 karwa88

Just finished the main story, what a game, about 140hours played and absolutely loving it still :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Riddle101

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Got the Legend of the East satchel, can carry 99 of everything now, Arthur just became a hoarder.

Decided to complete chapter 3.
    Lots of shooting and fun. I did feel bad for the Braithway woman though.
    Breezing in, destroying her businesses, stealing her horses, murdering most if not all of her sons and burning her house to the ground.
    Might have been kinder to just shoot her.

Into chapter 4 now but I'll probably go arsing around again as my map has new stuff on it again.

Stats are saying I've 49% of the game complete, I'll try and get it as high as I can before continuing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Riddle101

DybxZznXcAANyXR.jpg

DybxcFMX0AAYyWD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Decided to complete chapter 3.
    Lots of shooting and fun. I did feel bad for the Braithway woman though.
    Breezing in, destroying her businesses, stealing her horses, murdering most if not all of her sons and burning her house to the ground.
    Might have been kinder to just shoot her.

Go find an outhouse at the back of the estate and then feel sorry for her...

Go find an outhouse at the back of the estate and then
    set it on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Some of the conversations on the farm are interesting after you've finished the game.

Arthur gets up brought up a few times, the awkward relationship between John and Jack is explored further, We learn more about Abigail.

However my favorite thing to do out on the farm is abuse Uncle.
    ''Do you ever think of moving on old man?'' :D
    ''How long do you think you've got left, 2 yrs, 3yrs?''
    ''I won't rise to it John.'' :D
    ''It's just that I wanted get started on planning your goodbye party.'' :pac:

In fairness it must seriously piss John off to have this old alcoholic leech living off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I thought she got burnt alive after you left as I went back later and her scorched body is there?

• Advertisement

I thought she got burnt alive after you left as I went back later and her scorched body is there?
    Her daughter is locked in an outhouse on the estate. She's still alive when the house burns down but John can find her remains in the epilogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I went back as Arthur to get the gold bar and her scorched remains were there in the burnt house near the front door.
    This is well before the Epilogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

There must be something in store for the Mexican side of the map.. I went down to the river at Rio Del Robo Rock I think it's called and on the far side of the river there is what looks like a fort.

Anyway there was NPC on it you can see with your binoculars. Shooting at them had no effect tho reaction wise.

keano25 wrote: »
    There must be something in store for the Mexican side of the map.. I went down to the river at Rio Del Robo Rock I think it's called and on the far side of the river there is what looks like a fort.

Anyway there was NPC on it you can see with your binoculars. Shooting at them had no effect tho reaction wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭facehugger99

So, after several months and dozens of hours (given my pace of play and frequently getting distracted by other games) I finally finished the damn thing last night. I pushed through to the end to see how things played out, and whether the interesting narrative threads / ideas justified the often frustrating experience of playing the thing.

In short, it wasn't worth it.

Good review.

I'm a couple of missions into Chapter 6 and tbh, I'm ready for the game to be over at this stage.

GTA 5 is probably the only game I ever bought (and finished) twice (PS3 and PS4), whereas I can't imagine wanting to go back and play RD2 again once I finish it.

The main problem, for me are the missions. I loved the way you could plan and execute the heists in GTA5 but there never seemed to be a similar feeling of excitement in any of the RD2 missions.

I certainly don't regret purchasing it and very much enjoyed plaing it (most of the time), but what's left, at the end, is a lingering sense of disappointment - a case of what might have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I went back as Arthur to get the gold bar and her scorched remains were there in the burnt house near the front door.
    This is well before the Epilogue.
    At the back of the house there is a toilet hut, she had her daughter locked up in there. When I went back as Arthur, she was still alive even after the fire but you can't do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Anyone come across a woman in Annesburg yelling at you for killing her husband? She's dressed in all black, you get the option to give her money but she doesn't take it?

Edit:
    Currently playing as John so don't think it's anything to do with Mrs. Downes

Anyone come across a woman in Annesburg yelling at you for killing her husband? She's dressed in all black, you get the option to give her money but she doesn't take it?

Yep, killed her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Is it Mrs Downes?

Is it Mrs Downes?
    Don't think so, I'm playing as John so this would be a few years later, he said he had no idea what she was talking about, plus it looked like she was just recently at a funeral

Trying to think of any random encounters I did up around there . . .

• Advertisement

Don't think so, I'm playing as John so this would be a few years later, he said he had no idea what she was talking about, plus it looked like she was just recently at a funeral

Trying to think of any random encounters I did up around there . . .

Interesting, I must head up for a looksee.

Finding the game a bit flat post epilogue - not enough
    ambushes or random attacks - apart from maybe down around Tall Trees that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,494 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

It's a reasonably important element in the story, most notably in Arthur's redemption as a person.

nullzero wrote: »
    It's a reasonably important element in the story, most notably in Arthur's redemption as a person.
    Playing as John

Not much to do when you finish the epilogue, collected all the cards, bones, carvings, the scenes after the bones and carvings is kinda funny.

Might try to finish the challenges and hunting requests now but can see myself getting bored of them, especially the collect all herbs, break every horse ones

Not much to do when you finish the epilogue, collected all the cards, bones, carvings, the scenes after the bones and carvings is kinda funny.

I've been tipping away at all of these including the points of interest etc. my god they take forever! I've only managed 2 sets of cig cards (using rdr2map.com)

The
    strange statues
    is some mindfcuk, even while reading a guide to it :pac:

The
    strange statues
    is some mindfcuk, even while reading a guide to it :pac:

Honestly, would anyone here have solved that, purposely, without the guidance?

Honestly, would anyone here have solved that, purposely, without the guidance?

I struggled to understand the logic of it with the guide, I don't see how it would be possible to just figure out tbh, especially the
    arm on the ground

I struggled to understand the logic of it with the guide, I don't see how it would be possible to just figure out tbh, especially the
    arm on the ground

Which I could barely see even when looking for it

Advertisement