Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭in2dark

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I got €20 credit free too but I didn’t know what it was for and this explains it, and I got credit for registering online with my Vodafone too

But this 20 free credit cannot be utilised for a 4week topup. Can it?
    I guess it is sitting there to use it for addons.

Is it not the case that one needs to topup 20 every 4 weeks for the X to stay active?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

in2dark wrote: »

Is it not the case that one needs to topup 20 every 4 weeks for the X to stay active?

Use it for add ons like international calls or just leave it there.
    Yes top up by €20 every 28 days to keep the offer active

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

in2dark wrote: »
    I got €20 credit free too but I didn’t know what it was for and this explains it, and I got credit for registering online with my Vodafone too

.no

.no

Tbe spotify or weekend offer will stop being active if you top up a day or two late and you have to apply for it again, happened to me recently and my Spotify went dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Changed from 3 today to Vodafone music x and planned to do add ons for more minutes if needed which I’m sure I’ll have to do.

Thing is it looks like once signed up I could add sky sports for 6.99 if I wanted to? If that’s the case could I go with the weekend deal and get Spotify premium as an add on? If so what is the price to add it on?

• Advertisement

Zurbaran wrote: »
    Changed from 3 today to Vodafone music x and planned to do add ons for more minutes if needed which I’m sure I’ll have to do.

Thing is it looks like once signed up I could add sky sports for 6.99 if I wanted to? If that’s the case could I go with the weekend deal and get Spotify premium as an add on? If so what is the price to add it on?
    No it's weekend or the other offer - can't have both for the same price

AFAIK ( remember) Spotify is e5.99

there's a Spotify family request thingy in "bargain alerts requests"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Looking at moving over to this with my work phone. Does anyone know if you go to your account info/history that you can download/print a VAT receipt from them for the €20's topups??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I'm currently on spotify premium, on my iphone, paying 10 euro a month, not on this deal. Lots of songs downloaded etc. I've just bought a new sim today and it's on another phone, android phone. I've got the spotify link on my android phone. How should I proceed to cancel the premium on my iphone and then use the vodafone deal on it and keep all my songs? anyone else have a similiar setup?

Hi, did you get sorted with that? Or can anyone confirm if you can use an existing premium Spotify account to apply the Spotify add-on to? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

kazzer wrote: »
    Hi, did you get sorted with that? Or can anyone confirm if you can use an existing premium Spotify account to apply the Spotify add-on to? Cheers

I used an existing account when I signed up, it’s asks you to sign in/up and that’s the account that is linked to for every time you top up

pogsick wrote: »
    I used an existing account when I signed up, it’s asks you to sign in/up and that’s the account that is linked to for every time you top up

I did the same

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

I am already with Vodafone, how do I change to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Thanks lads.

Going to change to the weekend one and buy this on top. I live in a new estate that's not hooked up to the exchange yet so everyone including me are using 3 for Internet. Speeds are shocking so I can hot-spot with this at the weekend and once or twice during the week.

Going to change to the weekend one and buy this on top. I live in a new estate that's not hooked up to the exchange yet so everyone including me are using 3 for Internet. Speeds are shocking so I can hot-spot with this at the weekend and once or twice during the week.

The latest Android versions have the APN settings locked. Tethering will use the HS APN which is charged at whatever the rate is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

If I already have a Spotify account,how does this work. Can I link my existing account to this offer? Or do I have to start a fresh account

If I already have a Spotify account,how does this work. Can I link my existing account to this offer? Or do I have to start a fresh account

Asked and answered already only a couple of posts back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

The latest Android versions have the APN settings locked. Tethering will use the HS APN which is charged at whatever the rate is.
    I have a Huawei P8 Lite. I didn't change anything as far as the APN settings go, but if I kissed it's arse it won't tether via wifi. But if I tether with a usb cable, it works fine. I'm using the live.vodafone.ie VPN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

What version of Android has the APN locked? I have 8.1 and I have the HS APN deleted so that I can tether on Vodafone Live. That would be a deal breaker for me, but I can't seem to find anything online bar an indication that it's certain handsets that are locked and not the Android version itself?

RoYoBo wrote: »
    What version of Android has the APN locked? I have 8.1 and I have the HS APN deleted so that I can tether on Vodafone Live. That would be a deal breaker for me, but I can't seem to find anything online bar an indication that it's certain handsets that are locked and not the Android version itself?

Yeah, it's from 8. What phone do you have, Samsung?

I have a Huawei P8 Lite. I didn't change anything as far as the APN settings go, but if I kissed it's arse it won't tether via wifi. But if I tether with a usb cable, it works fine. I'm using the live.vodafone.ie VPN.

Must try that. Does it have stock Android or Huawei's own version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Must try that.

See if Bluetooth tethering works, speeds will be slower than WiFi but still acceptable (speeds dependent on which version of Bluetooth the device supports)

Does wifi tethering in 3G mode work?

Ten Pin wrote: »

Does wifi tethering in 3G mode work?

Yeah, but it uses the HS APN.

Yeah, it's from 8. What phone do you have, Samsung?

I have 8.1 and a Motorola G5. I can still tether on the Live APN and the other one is deleted.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I have 8.1 and a Motorola G5. I can still tether on the Live APN and the other one is deleted.

Mine (Mi A1) runs Android One, so pretty much stock Android 9.

Mine (Mi A1) runs Android One, so pretty much stock Android 9.

I have a cheap Mifi unit which also works with the Vodafone X sim, so it could be worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Must try that. Does it have stock Android or Huawei's own version?

I didn't do anything to the phone once I got it. IHow can I tell if it's Android, or Hauwei's version that it's running? . It says Android 7 in the about phone

• Advertisement

I didn't do anything to the phone once I got it. IHow can I tell if it's Android, or Hauwei's version that it's running? . It says Android 7 in the about phone

This change was introduced in Android 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

So, is Vodafone x for anyone, of age or regardless of student or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

thehamo wrote: »
    I got it and the last time I was a student I was using a quill!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Kalyke wrote: »

Madness. Its a better deal than my current bill pay. Ill deffo be moving over when the contract is up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Is it simply a case of getting a pre paid sim then activating Vodafone X by text?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Likewise I'm nearly 60

On android 8.1 and im hotspotting without any problems. Only issue is I’m down to 11gb after 7 days.

On android 8.1 and im hotspotting without any problems. Only issue is I’m down to 11gb after 7 days.

Not stock Android but a manufacturer version?

Not stock Android but a manufacturer version?
    Emui

• Advertisement

which of the current vodafone prepay phones would people recommend if I take up this offer? Huawei Y6, Huawei P Smart, Samsung Galaxy J4+, Samsung Galaxy j6+, Huawei P20 Lite in ascending order of price?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 brodam

As posted earlier ..vodafone x offer now open to non students confirmed in vodafone store

brodam wrote: »
    As posted earlier ..vodafone x offer now open to non students confirmed in vodafone store

See the first post of the thread ? says as much in the title

which of the current vodafone prepay phones would people recommend if I take up this offer? Huawei Y6, Huawei P Smart, Samsung Galaxy J4+, Samsung Galaxy j6+, Huawei P20 Lite in ascending order of price?
    You could also buy a sim free phone online or get your current phone unlocked.

Music magpie have a decent range of phones unlocked going cheap, I picked up an iPhone 7 pristine condition for €300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

brodam wrote: »

Can I do this without having to set up a new facebook with a different age etc? Currently on bill pay at 80e a month and out of contract. Like the vodafone network though

fifth wrote: »
    Can I do this without having to set up a new facebook with a different age etc? Currently on bill pay at 80e a month and out of contract. Like the vodafone network though

facebook thing was for when it was a student only deal, now its open to all, pick yor deal and text the code then top up by 20 to activate

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/vodafone-x.html?c_source=google&c_medium=ppc&&c_name=Vodafone-X-Brand&c_term=vodafone%20x&matchtype=e&adposition=1t1&gclid=CjwKCAiA2fjjBRAjEiwAuewS_QH59taLFvkagccwGGqS_zEI1sXNUrNvMnCKXXypLX9UcLEq89pgkBoC7zcQAvD_BwE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

excellent cheers. have set up my transfer back to PAYG from end of month. and will do this then , hope there isn't an expiry on it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,320 ✭✭✭CoBo55

fifth wrote: »
    excellent cheers. have set up my transfer back to PAYG from end of month. and will do this then , hope there isn't an expiry on it :o

I got caught in a trap when I went from bill to PAYG I couldn't send the text until I topped up using a voucher, stupidly I'd bought a €20 and had to use it. Only then could I send the text and had to top up again to activate it. Get a fiver voucher and a twenty to avoid getting caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

I got the huawei p20 lite. I think it’s a lovely phone, quite powerful for the price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement