Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

Millem wrote: »
    Dobbs you don't buy credit. I made that mistake and ended up with credit and a bundle! You just get a bundle which is paid with by bank card automatically every month. You don't need to do anything.

I think this is where the confusion lies:-

If you're on a bundle (certainly the €15 bundle being discussed on this thread) you AUTO RENEW. You don't Auto Topup. Auto Topup is for traditional PAYG.

Hope that's correct and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

If you're on a bundle (certainly the €15 bundle being discussed on this thread) you AUTO RENEW. You don't Auto Topup. Auto Topup is for traditional PAYG.

Yes I stupidly bought credit as didn't realise it would auto renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Folks I might try pick up a sim this evening if possible. Does anyone know can you just walk into a shop somewhere and get a nano sim that will work for this bundle or do you need to order online?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Not to sound totally thick but I bought the bundle when ordering the SIM online with my credit card and clicked auto renew (which says active on mylycamobile). Am I correct in that I do not need to do anything and that it will take the €15 from my credit card on the renewal date with no intervention required and continue to do so until I cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

cormie wrote: »
    Folks I might try pick up a sim this evening if possible. Does anyone know can you just walk into a shop somewhere and get a nano sim that will work for this bundle or do you need to order online?

Go to some store that have free sim available. Get a sim and activate the bundle online or activate the bundle from the store where you get the sim. If you mention your location, someone from the forum can give a store nearest to you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Dobbs you don't buy credit. I made that mistake and ended up with credit and a bundle! You just get a bundle which is paid with by bank card automatically every month. You don't need to do anything.
    Yes I stupidly bought credit as didn't realise it would auto renew.

Actually if you have €15 credit, then you can "buy" this bundle with your credit by typing the following on your phone:

*139* 2015#

Obviously you should wait until your current bundle runs out before trying this.

I can confirm it works fine as I did it myself today.
    TheDriver wrote: »
    Not to sound totally thick but I bought the bundle when ordering the SIM online with my credit card and clicked auto renew (which says active on mylycamobile). Am I correct in that I do not need to do anything and that it will take the €15 from my credit card on the renewal date with no intervention required and continue to do so until I cancel.

Yes, that is supposed to be how it works, though I can't confirm it myself as I'm buying my bundle month to month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Bp I posted earlier on that I topped up but it auto renewed with my card. I thought it was going to work like tesco mobile as they had sent me a message saying make sure I have enough credit. I rang them, I had to cancel the auto renew so on the 17th July my bundle expires then I need to buy the bundle with my credit. It's a pain but sure I may as well as I have over €18 credit and wouldn't use it otherwise. You get extra credit when you top up.

bk wrote: »

Yes, that is supposed to be how it works, though I can't confirm it myself as I'm buying my bundle month to month.

Now I realise why I didn't get the 5Gb bonus data, I didn't top up and buy a bundle, I bought the bundle straight out. weird how they differentiate between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Has anyone got the €5 credit for referring a friend, I've referred two people (through the correct procedure) who are both using the service for 4 days now but i got nothing so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I tried to use the porting number online but I keep getting this message,anyone else??

Dear Customer ,Your portout has been rejected due to the reason 'Pre/post flag mismatch' please contact your donor operator

I'm moving from tesco mobile and all the sim numbers are correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

Inbox wrote: »
    I tried to use the porting number online but I keep getting this message,anyone else??

Dear Customer ,Your portout has been rejected due to the reason 'Pre/post flag mismatch' please contact your donor operator

I'm moving from tesco mobile and all the sim numbers are correct.

I moved my father from tesco yesterday with no issues.

Thanks folks, managed to get a sim in a shop on Parnell St. last night :)

Millem, would you not just keep the credit so you have it for when you go over your allowance (using international calls, 1890/1850 numbers etc)?

I mean, if you pay €15 a month, you don't get €15 credit as well as the unlimited calls/texts and 20gb data? I mean, after one month of not using anything within the allowance, your balance will still be 0, not €15? So you can't then use that same €15 to buy the next bundle and you have to spend another €15 and instead of €30 credit, you'll have 0, so the €18 extra you have would then be there for any out of bundle usage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

jamesd wrote: »
    I moved my father from tesco yesterday with no issues.

Hi, what option did you choose in the prepay/billpay menu?

I've tried the top 2 options but no good.

I used prepay sub

• Registered Users Posts: 14,412 ✭✭✭✭cson

Has anyone used the Asia plan? €10/month for 500 International minutes from Asia seems mental cheap if I'm reading it right.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Bp I posted earlier on that I topped up but it auto renewed with my card. I thought it was going to work like tesco mobile as they had sent me a message saying make sure I have enough credit. I rang them, I had to cancel the auto renew so on the 17th July my bundle expires then I need to buy the bundle with my credit. It's a pain but sure I may as well as I have over €18 credit and wouldn't use it otherwise. You get extra credit when you top up.

Ah, it makes sense that if you top up directly and select auto-renew, that it always takes the money from your card and not from your credit. After all a person might want to have the credit for other uses, such as paying for international land premium calls or roaming.

Logically if you buy a bundle directly with a credit/debit card and click auto-renew on that same page, I'd personally logically assume that it will always take the money from the credit/debit card in future.

I agree however that the website is badly designed and confusing and that they certainly shouldn't have sent you a text like that which simply confuses the matter.

At least they have given you a good way out and you can use the credit to "buy" the bundle next month and after that it probably makes sense jsut to switch back on the auto-renew.

what does one do if you want to switch your card on file? TM had a great online panel where you could do this easily.

So does that mean:

a) say if you get a free sim with no credit on it, and you then buy the €15 bundle with a debit card, you then have the unltd calls, texts and 20gb data and you still have 0 credit balance, so you won't be able to roam/make international calls etc?

Or does it mean

b) if you get a free sim with no credit on it, and you then buy the €15 bundle with a debit card, you then have the unltd calls, texts and 20gb data and you ALSO have €15 credit balance, so you can then use this towards international/roaming etc?

If it's A, then do you need to "top up" to make these out of bundle calls/roaming, or would it allow you to make them but auto renew the €15 plus whatever money you have used?

buying a bundle takes the 15. However i got 2 euro bonus credit for porting to them.

So does that mean:

a) say if you get a free sim with no credit on it, and you then buy the €15 bundle with a debit card, you then have the unltd calls, texts and 20gb data and you still have 0 credit balance, so you won't be able to roam/make international calls etc?

Or does it mean

b) if you get a free sim with no credit on it, and you then buy the €15 bundle with a debit card, you then have the unltd calls, texts and 20gb data and you ALSO have €15 credit balance, so you can then use this towards international/roaming etc?

If it's A, then do you need to "top up" to make these out of bundle calls/roaming, or would it allow you to make them but auto renew the €15 plus whatever money you have used?

Its A and you will need to have credit to make out of bundle calls etc

• Advertisement

It's A, though if you top up by €15 online, you will get €3 extra promotional credit. So you can then "buy" the bundle with your €15 of credit and you will be left with the €3 promotional credit.

Thanks a lot everyone :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Thanks a lot everyone :)
    Thanks shmanks. You should've offered someone to refer you to Lyca

The sim still isn't activated if that makes a difference? It's not for me either by the way, I'm doing a favour for someone looking into all this for them ;)

My daughter is going to Portugal tomorrow,have her on this plan, does anyone know does she need to do anything when she gets there to activate the free roaming for calls/texts.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnnyblues

NATLOR wrote: »
    My daughter is going to Portugal tomorrow,have her on this plan, does anyone know does she need to do anything when she gets there to activate the free roaming for calls/texts.Thanks

"You should make sure however, that your device is connected to the local Lycamobile network(Vodafone Portugal) rather than a competitor.
    We will then send you a text message to confirm your automatic service activation.
    Remember to make sure that (1) your device is connected to the local Lycamobile network and (2) that you have received a text message confirming your automatic service activation.
    You will need to buy a relevant data add-on in order to use your mobile data."

"You should make sure however, that your device is connected to the local Lycamobile network(Vodafone Portugal) rather than a competitor.
    We will then send you a text message to confirm your automatic service activation.
    Remember to make sure that (1) your device is connected to the local Lycamobile network and (2) that you have received a text message confirming your automatic service activation.
    You will need to buy a relevant data add-on in order to use your mobile data."

Thanks for that

Which I think is Vodafone in portugsl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Lycamobile assign you a completely different number when roaming. Just got a call from a relative on Lyca who is in the UK at the moment, her standard Irish number is now a random +44 number.

• Advertisement

Lycamobile assign you a completely different number when roaming. Just got a call from a relative on Lyca who is in the UK at the moment, her standard Irish number is now a random +44 number.

Wow, that sounds very strange. Are you sure it's not just a freak occurrence with your relative?

Advertisement