Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

The world is changing the chicken hut are taking card 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

sioda wrote: »
    The world is changing the chicken hut are taking card 🀣🀣

About fkin time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I miss lot's of things in Ireland but can make do. Pork, booze, Taytos I can get, but I'll pay through the nose for. Even a 3 in 1 and spice bag I can rustle up with the packet sauces. But a large superchip and a breast in a bun I can't manage. Can't wait to get home and horse one in to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

sioda wrote: »
    The world is changing the chicken hut are taking card 🀣🀣

Tonight's lunch sorted. Only waiting for Stix to start accepting card now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

That could be the one step too far 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Can confirm Stix take cards! Got my lunch there today :P

Can confirm Stix take cards! Got my lunch there today :P

Lovely, must ask Pat when they actually started taking cards and that's tomorrows lunch sorted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭mart 23

Are there still snooker tables and gaming machines in Stix .

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

mart 23 wrote: »
    Are there still snooker tables and gaming machines in Stix .

There are one or two pool tables downstairs I believe. Escape Rooms are upstairs now.

Nope, no tables in Stixs anymore. Think the back area downstairs is just for storage now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,784 ✭✭✭✭phog

I see a local Councillor has reported a local business to the gardai for misuse of their outdoor seating area during lvl5 lockdown.

A bit ****ty imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

phog wrote: »
    I see a local Councillor has reported a local business to the gardai for misuse of their outdoor seating area during lvl5 lockdown.

A bit ****ty imho.

Its a massive chain that should know better. They're more than able to cordon the seating off when they close to stop people stealing the chairs and also to stop people from sheltering there, but don't seem to keep the cordon during the day.

There cant be one rule for one business and another for everyone else. All other places along that street have lost a significant portion of business not only due to travel restrictions but the fact that people cant sit to eat/drink so don't bother going out for coffee/lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Its a massive chain that should know better. They're more than able to cordon the seating off when they close to stop people stealing the chairs and also to stop people from sheltering there, but don't seem to keep the cordon during the day.

There cant be one rule for one business and another for everyone else. All other places along that street have lost a significant portion of business not only due to travel restrictions but the fact that people cant sit to eat/drink so don't bother going out for coffee/lunch.

I haven't been up that way in the evenings, but do they really leave the parasol/cover open after closing and do they leave the chairs etc outside all night? seems strange, but if they don't, then it means they are putting it out each morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

what chain was it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

mdmix wrote: »
    I haven't been up that way in the evenings, but do they really leave the parasol/cover open after closing and do they leave the chairs etc outside all night? seems strange, but if they don't, then it means they are putting it out each morning.

Theres a gate thingy they put in place when they close up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Any chance of a link to an article or twitter post or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

https://twitter.com/elisaodonovan/status/1330087887963119616?s=20

Fair fvcks to her - the business is flouting the rules and were one of the businesses opposed to pedestrianisation yet they feel they can have heated outdoor covered seating for their customers.

Mc Love wrote: »

Fair fvcks to her - the business is flouting the rules and were one of the businesses opposed to pedestrianisation yet they feel they can have heated outdoor covered seating for their customers.

Wouldn't expect any less from him. Spoke to workers who work for him during the summer and have stopped going to any of his shops after speaking to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Ah okay, I now know exactly who it is. I would imagine the proximity to the Garda station is the only reason it's not happening at their other city centre store.

Ah, that's her real gripe and she being one of the group to flout the original lockdown rules way back in March.

Do as I say but not as I do

• Advertisement

Wouldn't expect any less from him. Spoke to workers who work for him during the summer and have stopped going to any of his shops after speaking to them.

I don't shop there for similar reasons but I feel she's being vindictive and then felt hard done by when someone called her out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

This popped up on.my feed about glessons

This popped up on.my feed about glessons

Credit where credit is due, fair play to him and that's not something I'd have thought was happening.

I passed "her favourite" cafe today, seating provided outside, customers using said seating.

I'm not really a betting man but I bet she hasn't reported that one for flouting the laws.

One rule for those I don't agree with and one for my favs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

phog wrote:
    I passed "her favourite" cafe today, seating provided outside, customers using said seating.

Where is that

kilburn wrote: »
    Where is that

O'Connell St

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

I'm not really a betting man but I bet she hasn't reported that one for flouting the laws.

One rule for those I don't agree with and one for my favs

if you are talking about canteen, that's a public space. their regular outdoor seating has been removed.

that spar is the only place I know of in town that is providing outdoor space, and as stated in the earlier post, they lock it away at night and open it in the morning - so they are flaunting the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

if you are talking about canteen, that's a public space. their regular outdoor seating has been removed.

that spar is the only place I know of in town that is providing outdoor space, and as stated in the earlier post, they lock it away at night and open it in the morning - so they are flaunting the rules

I passed Canteen on Sunday there were at least 10-12 people outside eating meals from the Cafe. The seats outside are right by the door and there was another 7 or so people around the alley side standing around eating.

Hardly fair to tell Spar they can't have outside seating and then allow Canteen to flout the rules because it's a public footpath/road?

I've already stated it's on O'Connell Street and the cafe I'm talking about take in their seating and put it out again in the the morning so as you say they are flaunting the rules but the councillor doesn't seem to have an issue with it or if she does she certainly hasn't taken to twitter to voice her objections.

As I say it seems to be more about who is doing it than what they're doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I've already stated it's on O'Connell Street and the cafe I'm talking about take in their seating and put it out again in the the morning so as you say they are flaunting the rules but the councillor doesn't seem to have an issue with it or if she does she certainly hasn't taken to twitter to voice her objections.

As I say it seems to be more about who is doing it than what they're doing.

Thats always the way now days you don't like someone call them out even if there is other people doing the same thing as person u are calling out

Advertisement