Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

mdmix wrote: »
    if you are talking about canteen, that's a public space. their regular outdoor seating has been removed.

that spar is the only place I know of in town that is providing outdoor space, and as stated in the earlier post, they lock it away at night and open it in the morning - so they are flaunting the rules

someone made comments about that shop in May & the comments were removed from here.

moby2101 wrote: »
    Do tell......
    I suggest you remove your obnoxious little post

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Kilboor wrote: »
    I passed Canteen on Sunday there were at least 10-12 people outside eating meals from the Cafe. The seats outside are right by the door and there was another 7 or so people around the alley side standing around eating.

Hardly fair to tell Spar they can't have outside seating and then allow Canteen to flout the rules because it's a public footpath/road?

There is a difference between people standing around eating and a business providing seating and shelter for customers. The fact that they secure it at nighttime means they made a decision and effort to encourage people to use their facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,773 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

mdmix wrote: »
    There is a difference between people standing around eating and a business providing seating and shelter for customers. The fact that they secure it at nighttime means they made a decision and effort to encourage people to use their facilities.

And the main talking point is the shelter and heaters. There's nothing against businesses putting seats out to allow someone drink a coffee or eat a sandwich and off again. Main complaint with Gleesons is it's encouraging people to linger about chatting after they've finished because you've the heater and shelter to keep you dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

phog wrote: »
    I passed "her favourite" cafe today, seating provided outside, customers using said seating.

I'm not really a betting man but I bet she hasn't reported that one for flouting the laws.

One rule for those I don't agree with and one for my favs

Have you got a bit of a bee in your bonnet about Elisa?
    That's a few posts about her, including her choice in cafes.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Cossax wrote: »

If you've a problem with a poster, report it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,050 ✭✭✭✭phog

Cossax wrote: »

Not really, I follow her on Twitter, I admire her voluntary work, I would disagree with some of her politics but I think she's a very able and capable politician.

I think you missed the point about her choice of cafe - so here goes again, she publicaly called out a local business for allowing the public use outdoor seating , she also reported it to the gardai but one of her favorite cafes (her words) allow the public use their outdoor seating but she has yet to pubilcaly condemn that. In my opinion tha's two faced at least it not downright bitchiness

Not really, I follow her on Twitter, I admire her voluntary work, I would disagree with some of her politics but I think she's a very able and capable politician.

I think you missed the point about her choice of cafe - so here goes again, she publicaly called out a local business for allowing the public use outdoor seating , she also reported it to the gardai but one of her favorite cafes (her words) allow the public use their outdoor seating but she has yet to pubilcaly condemn that. In my opinion tha's two faced at least it not downright bitchiness

Does this cafe on O'Connell have heaters and canopies?

Because the first sentence of her tweet is "Businesses flouting the COVID restrictions consistently by providing covered outdoor seating and heaters."

Because you go on about why doesn't she criticise cafes that allow outdoor seating when the issue isn't the seating. Businesses are allowed provide outdoor seating for temporary use, she clearly mentions the covers and heaters being the issue with regulations.

So it does sound like you've a bee in your bonnet by making it out that she has an issue with some businesses having outdoor seats and not others, when she clearly says it's the outdoor covers and heaters that are the issues.

Because the first sentence of her tweet is "Businesses flouting the COVID restrictions consistently by providing covered outdoor seating and heaters."

Because you go on about why doesn't she criticise cafes that allow outdoor seating when the issue isn't the seating. Businesses are allowed provide outdoor seating for temporary use, she clearly mentions the covers and heaters being the issue with regulations.

So it does sound like you've a bee in your bonnet by making it out that she has an issue with some businesses having outdoor seats and not others, when she clearly says it's the outdoor covers and heaters that are the issues.

The regulations state takeaway food only - nothing about heating or shelter.

The two of them are breaking the rules. One slightly more than the other but why would you report one over the other unless you choose to turn a blind eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

It's 'Habit' , isn't it :)

No they are not
    Restaurants and bars
    Restaurants and bars will be permitted to offer takeaway service only, with no indoor or outdoor seating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Ah lads come on its 2020 ffs.... this is way too serious for a waffle thread.

dashoonage wrote: »
    Ah lads come on its 2020 ffs.... this is way too serious for a waffle thread.

you are wasting your time cause u have the crowd here who think they are always right.:D:D:D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Give it a rest. Take it to pm, or start a thread about it.

Is parking free in town on Saturday, tried paying through the e-parking app but said there was no charge for this zone at this time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Is parking free in town on Saturday, tried paying through the e-parking app but said there was no charge for this zone at this time.

yes, has been for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭adaminho

No they are not
    Restaurants and bars
    Restaurants and bars will be permitted to offer takeaway service only, with no indoor or outdoor seating.

https://twitter.com/Cooplafocal/status/1332738258279804929

adaminho wrote: »
    shh your not allowed use your brain like that.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

All of the Parking Signposts in the City show that pay-parking is in operation from Monday to Friday. Been like that for a while now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Anyone know what the story is with Cleeves? closed today

It seems so long as they're in favour of pedestrianisation or frequented by a certain councillor then they won't be reported.

• Advertisement

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with Cleeves? closed today

The car park?

I think it's managed by a security firm so maybe someone missed the slot to open it.

The car park?

I think it's managed by a security firm so maybe someone missed the slot to open it.

Pretty sure Cleeves has 24hr security, unless there's two security firms in there and a different company than G4S do the car park.

Pretty sure Cleeves has 24hr security, unless there's two security firms in there and a different company than G4S do the car park.

I've seen a security van pull up there in the evenings and I'm pretty sure it's to lock the gates

I've seen a security van pull up there in the evenings and I'm pretty sure it's to lock the gates

Could be a G4S van driver, I know some of their sites were opened and closed by the van drivers, the opera centre site was like that, but they'd also have static security on site too. Must ask one the lads that drives for them what's the craic with the Cleeves site.

Could be a G4S van driver, I know some of their sites were opened and closed by the van drivers, the opera centre site was like that, but they'd also have static security on site too. Must ask one the lads that drives for them what's the craic with the Cleeves site.

I think they do the gates near the Widows Alms into the back of City Hall near the castle too.

Lads was the Crescent normal Busy or extra busy today ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭adaminho

Lads was the Crescent normal Busy or extra busy today ??

Busy but not mad. It's late opening all week as well. I think many stayed away expecting it to be mental.

Busy but not mad. It's late opening all week as well. I think many stayed away expecting it to be mental.
    ya i say they did, every giving it a few days before they go near the place. handy having deals there now. havent to go far for remote control batteries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Anyone know if Nolan Motor Factors on Henry Street have moved or closed ? I've been there a few times and it's been all closed up. I expected them to open at least today but still nothing. Anyone know what's the story?

• Advertisement

Anyone know if Nolan Motor Factors on Henry Street have moved or closed ? I've been there a few times and it's been all closed up. I expected them to open at least today but still nothing. Anyone know what's the story?

even during the lock down they would have been open cause of garages & upkeep of cars. stupid Q did u try ringing them to see ?? to see if they are still operating or just doing some other type of delivery.

Advertisement