Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I've heard Nolans are closed for good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

even during the lock down they would have been open cause of garages & upkeep of cars. stupid Q did u try ringing them to see ?? to see if they are still operating or just doing some other type of delivery.

Ah ya tried phoning, called by anytime I was passing, asked around. No one seemed to know. When I ran out of all the excuses I was giving them - Boards became my last resort. Doing my bit to support local. Who is similar I wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Ah ya tried phoning, called by anytime I was passing, asked around. No one seemed to know. When I ran out of all the excuses I was giving them - Boards became my last resort. Doing my bit to support local. Who is similar I wonder ?

Top Part on the dock road. Irish company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Limerick Brakes, Athlunkard motor factors, Clondrinagh motor factors all one unit businesses loads more also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

i am laughing lads only last wk people were complaining about business with heaters out side, this week Q's of people outside Pennys & inside & nothing about it. just goes to show how petty some people are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

i am laughing lads only last wk people were complaining about business with heaters out side, this week Q's of people outside Pennys & inside & nothing about it. just goes to show how petty some people are

While I agree people shouldn't be gathering like that, last week we were in Level 5, this week is been downgraded to a modified Level 3. So the context is completely different with regard to breaches of the lockdown that is in effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

source wrote: »
    While I agree people shouldn't be gathering like that, last week we were in Level 5, this week is been downgraded to a modified Level 3. So the context is completely different with regard to breaches of the lockdown that is in effect.

can you sit inside and get a coffee yet?
    Dying for a sit in breakfast of pancakes or french toast with maple syrup and smoked rashers on the side. Not cooked or washed up after by myself. mmmmm

JUST SAYING

Virus is still a virus it cant distinguish level 3 or lvl 5.

Crescent very messy parts of it.

can you sit inside and get a coffee yet?
    Dying for a sit in breakfast of pancakes or french toast with maple syrup and smoked rashers on the side. Not cooked or washed up after by myself. mmmmm

No Not yet I think that is during the Week

• Registered Users Posts: 24,053 ✭✭✭✭phog

The real difference is that some people were happy to single out and report one business for contravening the regulations and were happy to ignore other businesses who were contravening the same regulation.

• Advertisement

JUST SAYING

Virus is still a virus it cant distinguish level 3 or lvl 5.

Crescent very messy parts of it.

Agreed, that's why I said people still shouldn't be congregating in large groups. Just pointing out that it's the reason it's deemed okay to do it this week and not last week.

Just to point out in response to phog that I'm in no way sticking up for the cllr in question, it was dirty and underhanded to single out one business.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭The_Dave

Agreed, that's why I said people still shouldn't be congregating in large groups. Just pointing out that it's the reason it's deemed okay to do it this week and not last week.
    As someone pointed out the regulations changed, there's plenty of things that were illegal in the past and no longer so you can't compare them. The provision of outdoor seating by businesses was prohibited (afaik) at that time.

It may not be right, but as long as they're social distancing I don't see what can be done about the queues for Penneys:(

AnyWay lot of empty/closed units in the crescent they see closing as quick as they are going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭adaminho

AnyWay lot of empty/closed units in the crescent they see closing as quick as they are going up.

In fairness Mothercare, Swamp, Pamela Scott , Monsoon and Quiz (Debenhams) all were in liquidation. Golden Spiderweb closed and Tony Connolly didn't renew its lease and is being replaced by Noel's on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Rent is very high too

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

I find the Crescent really unpleasant to shop in, constantly have people pushing past you and blocking massive areas to stop and chat. Buggies and trolleys appearing out of nowhere like some twisted Crash Bandicoot course. Absolutely nowhere decent (and decently priced) to eat.

I'd say there's a lot in the same mindset as me of "get in, get out" so I feel for newer shops that aren't as sought after like Zara or Penneys.

I find the Crescent really unpleasant to shop in, constantly have people pushing past you and blocking massive areas to stop and chat. Buggies and trolleys appearing out of nowhere like some twisted Crash Bandicoot course. Absolutely nowhere decent (and decently priced) to eat.

I'd say there's a lot in the same mindset as me of "get in, get out" so I feel for newer shops that aren't as sought after like Zara or Penneys.

Haven't liked going there since I worked there. At lunch time if you didn't bring your own food it could be like an assault course trying to dash for your lunch

It was like that today there dodge the people & buggies & trollies

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

It was like that today there dodge the people & buggies & trollies

Its as if everyone treats the malls like a series of roundabouts rather than forming streams of traffic like in every other shopping centre. I can't remember the last time I was there where I didn't have to walk in a massive zig zag just to go to another store.

Anyone who gets from one end to the other in a relatively straight line must have toppled a child or two in their wake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Our former boardsie buddy come Cllr getting herself in trouble again on Twitter with the Mayor getting twitchy now

• Advertisement

kilburn wrote: »
    Our former boardsie buddy come Cllr getting herself in trouble again on Twitter with the Mayor getting twitchy now

Nothing new there:pac::pac::pac:

Rules are rules though. You cant have it both ways. Same system gets you what you want & you start complaining about it then when you dont get what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭sioda

kilburn wrote: »

Happy days anything that annoys the old guard on the council more the better

Getting a lot of support on twitter which will annoy a select few on here

Mc Love wrote: »
    Getting a lot of support on twitter which will annoy a select few on here

Go handy with the bait your not fishing @ all :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,171 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ah twitter - the home of verbal diarrhea.

Lads be warned this is what the drive through santa is really like in Limerick from one of my friends.
    535259.JPG

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

We have that booked, one of my friends was there today and she said the same thing; even Santa was a young fella, he had an eyebrow piercing with a plaster over it.
    Haven't told the kids so think we might try for a refund.

We have that booked, one of my friends was there today and she said the same thing; even Santa was a young fella, he had an eyebrow piercing with a plaster over it.
    Haven't told the kids so think we might try for a refund.
    ya say u be better off from what i am reading it is crap.
    Another one
    535271.JPG

@wiseoldelf Saw the reviews and a few pictures online, sent an email demanding a refund. I'll let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I live just up the road from the Racecourse.
    Whatever about the actual crapness of this 'experience', I have had to endure 10 hours of the same CD blaring away on repeat all day....
    ....."Bing Crosby sings Christmas Songs on his death-bed".
    Honestly, the most maudling, depressing Christmas Carols you could find.

And apparently this sh!te continues every day until the 20th December.

Advertisement