Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

kilburn wrote: »
    Definitely did !

Eastern Europeans drink outside and it is socially acceptable. Among Irish it's usually teenagers or drunks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

kilburn wrote: »
    Bush drinking so

Got back to the friends flat well before watershed..

There were some people queuing to get into Cobblestones Joe. They got served while waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Anybody got a confirmed sighting of a largish pumpkin in any shop around the city? Can't seem to get them and the kids putting me under pressure. Don't fancy carving turnips :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Anybody got a confirmed sighting of a largish pumpkin in any shop around the city? Can't seem to get them and the kids putting me under pressure. Don't fancy carving turnips :-)

Or any pumpkins at all, there's none in my local Centra...

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭The_Dave

Eastern Europeans drink outside and it is socially acceptable. Among Irish it's usually teenagers or drunks.
    Bit of a weather issue here, one thing to drink if and when it's cold, another when it's lashing rain very often

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Just wondering anyone have a Microsoft surface pro 2 here or that of tablet. what are they like ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Just wondering anyone have a Microsoft surface pro 2 here or that of tablet. what are they like ??

I have a Surface Go (bought about 18 months ago), very pleased with it. Boots up very fast, no problems.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Louche Lad wrote: »
    I have a Surface Go (bought about 18 months ago), very pleased with it. Boots up very fast, no problems.

Is it worth the money? Do you use it only for internet and watching tv/movies or that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

yop wrote: »
    Is it worth the money? Do you use it only for internet and watching tv/movies or that?
    I think it's worth it. I mainly got it as a more portable laptop for when (in normal times) I'm travelling or working in coffee shops etc. It's technically a tablet, but I got the Type Cover with it and think if it as a very lightweight laptop. I have MS Office and other normal Windows things on it - I find I can adequately work with spreadsheets, Word documents etc.

Anyone else hear the fireworks? I'm at Cois Ghruda and sounds like they're coming from Norwood Park and there about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

YFlyer wrote: »
    Anyone else hear the fireworks? I'm at Cois Ghruda and sounds like they're coming from Norwood Park and there about.

they were setting them off in the fields by St Endas as I drove past about 20 to 30mins ago

angeldaisy wrote: »
    they were setting them off in the fields by St Endas as I drove past about 20 to 30mins ago

Cheers. I'll get on to Chuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,050 ✭✭✭✭phog

Anyone in Limerick fitting hardwired Dash Cams - front and possibly rear view?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,171 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Des Kennedy fits them. Halfords will also for an additional fee if buy the dash cam from them.

It's pretty simple to fit yourself too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Carcom on Henry street did one for me recently tidy job took around an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 24,050 ✭✭✭✭phog

It's pretty simple to fit yourself too

Any time I go removing a piece of covering with clips I invariably snap one, I'd rather leave it to someone who half knows what they're doing

• Registered Users Posts: 51,171 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I fitted mine myself. I was a novice too but bought a set of car trim removal tools from ebay and watched a few youtube videos on how it's done. I only have a front facing camera so ran the cable underneath the roof lining above the windscreen behind the rear view mirror, down the inside of the A pillar trim, inside the rubber seal on the passenger door opening and then clipped it underneath the glove box using sticky cable brackets and then into the centre console 12v outlet so it's neat and tidy. I didn't bother with hard wiring it to the fuse box though and would leave that to someone more familiar with car electrics than me. First time took me about 1 hour to do but I changed cars recently and had it down below 30 mins when swapping it over.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I fitted mine myself. I was a novice too but bought a set of car trim removal tools from ebay and watched a few youtube videos on how it's done. I only have a front facing camera so ran the cable underneath the roof lining above the windscreen behind the rear view mirror, down the inside of the A pillar trim, inside the rubber seal on the passenger door opening and then clipped it underneath the glove box using sticky cable brackets and then into the centre console 12v outlet so it's neat and tidy. I didn't bother with hard wiring it to the fuse box though and would leave that to someone more familiar with car electrics than me. First time took me about 1 hour to do but I changed cars recently and had it down below 30 mins when swapping it over.

ya it pure handy when you know how :cool:

Cluster of lights South of Castletroy extremely high up.

Anyone know what they are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Probably Elon Musk's satellites orbiting Earth in formation.

https://findstarlink.com/#744;3

Pikeys

Comhra wrote: »
    Probably Elon Musk's satellites orbiting Earth in formation.

https://findstarlink.com/#744;3

Its fixed and too big for satellite. Seen it before as well at exact same location. Seem way to high for a tower unless from a mountain in county Cork but can't imagine seeing it from Cois Ghruda.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Is there not a cluster of planets visible to the south for the last month or so. Mars definitely was anyway

Is there not a cluster of planets visible to the south for the last month or so. Mars definitely was anyway

Well i could see..(Insert rude joke here):eek::P:P:P:P:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Does anyone know the name of a shop that was where fields in crescent is now way back maybe 2003. It was a children's clothes shop.

Thanks in advance and sorry to wreck heads thinking of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Berty wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of a shop that was where fields in crescent is now way back maybe 2003. It was a children's clothes shop.

I want to say Adams?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭adaminho

Berty wrote: »

Fields is the jeweler in the centre? Was it Paco before they moved down next to Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I want to say Adams?

Judging by their reaction when I said Adams it's definitely it.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

adaminho wrote: »
    Fields is the jeweler in the centre? Was it Paco before they moved down next to Vodafone?

Paco opened in the unit by Vodafone, I think it shared a unit where regatta is before that. I only know this because I was going out with a girl who got a job there when it was opening and she was helping to set the shop up.

Advertisement