Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Paddy Power paying 6 places.

If anybody reads the Racing Post tips tomorrow can they try and remember the selections and stick them up in here ?

Struggling to pick between Bubba, Point and Glover.

I can't get my bet on 'til Thursday so if the price comes in too much on one player it'll make my decision easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Wells Fargo Championship

Quail Hollow Club
    Par 72
    7,492 Yards
    Course Record: 62 - Rory McIlroy

There has been 10 different winners in the past 10 Wells Fargo Championships. Anthony Kim (2008), Rory McIlroy (2010) and Rickie Fowler (2012) all won their first PGA Tour events here.

• Boo Weekley @ 50/1 Boo Weekley has been in good form this season. He had another really good showing last week in New Orleans, finishing Tied 6th at -14. If it wasn't for his poor 3rd round he would have been in with a great chance to claim victory. Hopefully this week will be his week.
    • D.A. Points @ 40/1 Another man having a great season, already with one victory and came very close last week to another win, he did brilliantly to follow Horschel almost step for step, just missing out by one shot in the end. Points should have claimed victory here last year, he ended up losing out in a Playoff to Rickie Fowler.
    • Rory McIlroy @ 9/1 A win only bet on McIlroy here, he has a good history here and if he is going to get his year back on track it has a better chance of happening here than anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Wells Fargo

Nicolas Colsaerts - 50/1
    Brian Davis - 80/1
    Robert Garrigus - 60/1
    Lee Westwood - 16/1

China Open

Victor Dubuisson - 33/1
    Richard Finch - 100/1

I have ended up selecting Glover for my main bet.

I found it hard to separate Glover, Simpson, Haas and Points so I've had small stakes on the other 3 just in case.

Paddy Power paying 6 places.

There is another bookie (baroneracing) paying 6 places but I can't recommend them any more due to recent bad experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

fangee wrote: »

There is another bookie (baroneracing) paying 6 places but I can't recommend them any more due to recent bad experience.

I seen your post in the racing forum so know what you are reffering to but if they are offering better prices on any of your selections fangee then back with them, dont let pride cost you money imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

Everybody has been affected by the bookie at some stage,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Poulter and Johnson withdraw from Wells Fargo. Probably got a lot to do with how bad the greens are this week

http://instagram.com/p/YvZ5HakYyn/

I seen your post in the racing forum so know what you are reffering to but if they are offering better prices on any of your selections fangee then back with them, dont let pride cost you money imo.

I think they normally follow boylesports or paddy power re prices so they are never better odds than any other bookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Poulter and Johnson withdraw from Wells Fargo. Probably got a lot to do with how bad the greens are this week

http://instagram.com/p/YvZ5HakYyn/

The greens are going to be a huge problem.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2123889

• Advertisement

Bill haas 28/1
    Kyle stanley 66/1
    Jimmy walker 50/1
    Colsaerts 50/1
    Boo weekley 60/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

If anybody reads the Racing Post tips tomorrow can they try and remember the selections and stick them up in here

Steve Palmer has gone with -

Webb Simpson
    Bubba Watson
    Nick Watney
    Bill Hass
    Kyle Stanley

Webb Simpson
    Bubba Watson
    Nick Watney
    Bill Hass
    Kyle Stanley

Cheers dude and thanks.

Glad I backed Simpson (stakes saver) before the post came out.

If Watson can string 4 solid days together he has a chance but I can't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

bradlente wrote: »
    Just wondering because there's so many different event's on this week.I was thinking of having a look at some other tour's but I know little enough about the main tour's as it is so might leave it for another time.

Indonesian Masters is on this week also, some well known players like els and clarke in the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Cant decide between haas and simpson

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Webb Simpson
    Bubba Watson
    Nick Watney
    Bill Hass
    Kyle Stanley

Really nice picks that. Simpson and Watney are regulars of mine so I'll have something on them this week that's for sure.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

US Only once again:

Webb Simpson @ 18/1
    Rickie Fowler @ 22/1
    Nick Watney @ 28/1
    Bill Haas @ 28/1

Good price for fowler

Small e/w on the following:

Bill Haas
    Nicolas Colsaerts
    D A Points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

China= Steve Webster @66/1
    US= Rory 10/1 (win)
    De jonge and Guthrie 66/1 e/w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Small ew on

Watson @ 20/1
    Points @ 40/1
    Stadler @ 100/1
    Stanley @ 66/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Indonesian Masters is on this week also, some well known players like els and clarke in the field.

I noticed that earlier in the week now you mention it but I thought it might have been some obscure event as only Skybet had the market up at the time.

With the green's in poor shape would it be a good idea to look at driving and approach stat's a little bit more than favoring putting ability?Weekly is on Betfair @90 and with his decent approach and driving work I think it might be value but with the green's in bit's I suppose it will affect the best fairway player's also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

First two firms to price it up are Skybet and Corals.

Both have Lucas Glover at 66/1.

If you fancy him I'd take that price because I don't think it will be available in two days.

Good call,Into 50s now at best.

jjll wrote: »
    Cant decide between haas and simpson

Well have a small EW on both. Gun to head ? I'd choose Haas.

went simpson as hass wife due baby and he said if a rules official came to him to say she is in labour he is going

went simpson as hass wife due baby and he said if a rules official came to him to say she is in labour he is going

Doh. Sometimes I feel like my money would stop a train.

Doh. Sometimes I feel like my money would stop a train.

was reading that on pga website due now but going in for c section day after players if not here by then but will walk off if its during a tourney here or players champ next week

was reading that on pga website due now but going in for c section day after players if not here by then but will walk off if its during a tourney here or players champ next week

Well from previous experiences players, in lots of different sports, seem to perform very well just after births or deaths. It might be a pressure/perspective thing but as soon as she pops I'll be backing him in the next event he plays.

The Bill Haas train has certainly derailed. Right in time for when I back him. Just had a 9 on the 7th to put him 8 over. Early trip home for Bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

Harrington having nightmare

Advertisement