Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Walter lemon

jjll wrote: »
    Wont be backing phil again how bad he played

Ah he is still a class act he made the wrong decision bringing in new clubs I will be backing him again reckon he has a few big wins left in him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

pp special,Rory and Tiger to score under 70 @6/1,i couldn't resist this.I know it will be tough but it should be a lot easier than yesterday given final day pins @Augusta,2,3,6,12,13,15,16 all a lot easier.

this bet might be a bad shout after all,only 4 guys under par so far from the early starters

pp special,Rory and Tiger to score under 70 @6/1,i couldn't resist this.I know it will be tough but it should be a lot easier than yesterday given final day pins @Augusta,2,3,6,12,13,15,16 all a lot easier.

There will be a lit if movement in the board, anything is possible

There will be a lit if movement in the board, anything is possible

you drinking mate?explain

Dont be smart. The pins have been moved (as you pointed out yourself) to what you might call less difficultly placed positions as they were yesterday, this gives bigger opportunities for birdies etc, for those players willing to have a go. Perfect for Rory and tiger.

With that said a lot of players will give it hell for leather today and you will see a lot of movement on the board

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭JLoftus

JLoftus wrote: »
    Fred Couples 13/8 to be the top senior player looks a great be to me! Going with a Large stake.

his last 3 years hes finished 12th, 15th and 6th.. his only real opposition:

1. Vijay Singh 27th, Missed cut, Missed cut.
    2. Bernhard Langer Missed cut, Missed cut, Missed cut.
    3. Tom Watson Missed cut, Missed cut, 18th.

That was not good for the ticker, got away with it in the end :D

Feck ya Tiger,will somebody pls tell him and his poxy caddy that not every single shot needs to be 100%,few stupid club selections on the back nine.
    The shot into the last didn't need any spin on it because of the backstop,nice little 3/4 shot would have been perfect.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Already looking ahead to this week's event, RBC Hertiage. Harbour Town being one of of my favourite courses all year on the PGA Tour. Real premium on pure strikers and course management players instead of the more common set ups which favour the power hitters. Gone with these this week:

Stewart Cink @ 55/1
    Brian Gay @ 60/1
    Marc Wilson @ 80/1
    Marc Leishman @ 80/1

Had to add Leishman after last week's performance where I was convinced he's be out of the running to win, heck even miss the cut after last Friday! Maybe the Australia feel good factor can carry him to a place if not victory here this week.

Oh and in Spain, gone with Sergio @ 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Here's my picks for this week

RBC Heritage

G De Laet 100-1
    B Haas 40-1
    M Leishman 80-1
    B Jobe 250-1

Open De Espana

S Lowry 33-1
    J M Lara 150-1

This is usually a course that suits the veterans but i'm ignoring that and going for a few newby's that i think could win 1 this year esp Guthrie.
    Speith @66/1
    Luke Guthrie @80/1
    Ben Kohles @135/1 all e/w

In Spain i think ignore the bombers as it's a tight, tricky, short track just under 7k yards.
    I'm on Horsey and Mannesarro both 28/1,(win only)i'v also done very small cross doubles with the above 3 just in case.

One big outsider.Justin Bolli @300/1.He is one of the shortest hitters on tour.Best finish T4 in a really tight track in Mexico earlier this year.Winner of the web.com tour championship.
    Also backed him Top 20 finish @11/1.Really short hitters like him must love this course instead of trying to catch up with the big hitters every week..

• Advertisement

Here's my picks for this week

RBC Heritage

G De Laet 100-1
    B Haas 40-1
    M Leishman 80-1
    B Jobe 250-1

Open De Espana

S Lowry 33-1
    J M Lara 150-1

Change of plan went with K Chappell 80-1 instead of De Laet as recommended by Steve Palmer in the racing post. Also went with
    J Parry 125-1 and S Webster 40-1 as well in Open De Espana

All small bets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Heritage

Luke Donald - 16/1
    Three top 3's at this course

Stewart Cink - 45/1
    Has won here twice, good form this year.

Brian Davis - 66/1
    Former runner up & has two top 25's here.

Spanish Open

Pablo Larrazabal - 20/1
    Two top 10's & a Top 20 in his last 3 starts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

the open de espana event is very open and with little course history and a weak field I think Shane Lowry might go well. From what I read the course is kinda half a links course so it might suit shane.

The heritage should be good viewing it has a decent field and is again wide open, but Luke Donald seems to like it here and he has tweeted compliments about the course set up and the course should suit him. Another it might suit is Bud Cauley he has had difficulties with his driver but should be able use his woods off the tee here and if on form he is a very big price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

At least f molinari has tweeted he has a bad lower back getting physio

Change of plan went with K Chappell 80-1 instead of De Laet as recommended by Steve Palmer in the racing post. Also went with
    J Parry 125-1 and S Webster 40-1 as well in Open De Espana

All small bets

oh i don't like switching and i also hate when i pick one out and Palmer has it as one of his tips.
    To be fair he's ok but that other tippster Chapman is brutal.
    If i were you i would have put a small bet on DeLaet,the reason i had him on my short list ws his rank of 3rd on tour in ball striking,a stat worthy of note this week.
    Btw check out his pic(DeLaet)on pgatour,he looks like Shiley Temple bar.

I added a small bet on matt Every @125/1
    Also fisr round leader Jeff maggert @250/1 5 places.

oh i don't like switching and i also hate when i pick one out and Palmer has it as one of his tips.
    To be fair he's ok but that other tippster Chapman is brutal.
    If i were you i would have put a small bet on DeLaet,the reason i had him on my short list ws his rank of 3rd on tour in ball striking,a stat worthy of note this week.
    Btw check out his pic(DeLaet)on pgatour,he looks like Shiley Temple bar.

I may have to, I will be sick if he wins or is placed. Any idea what time is tee off our time.

It's a shocking picture alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

12:10 Irish time the first golfers are teeing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Just going to go with a few small bets today, taking a couple of the tips off here.

Charles Howell III @ 50/1
    Jim Furyk @ 16/1
    Bud Cauley @ 80/1
    Graham DeLaet @ 100/1

Strangist thing ever possibly best putter on us tour missed a par putt from 17 inches

• Advertisement

Strangist thing ever possibly best putter on us tour missed a par putt from 17 inches

Could it be the yips

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yips#In_golf

Need parnevik to miss 5ft so snedeker makes weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Need parnevik to miss 5ft so snedeker makes weekend

Id say there was plenty of lads wishing the same, he missed anyway and kept kept plenty of them in it.

Looking forward to watching this tonight it is a cracking course and I have seen very little of this weeks action.

Donald is in good position so hopefully another solid round today for him

This is usually a course that suits the veterans but i'm ignoring that and going for a few newby's that i think could win 1 this year esp Guthrie.
    Speith @66/1
    Luke Guthrie @80/1
    Ben Kohles @135/1 all e/w

In Spain i think ignore the bombers as it's a tight, tricky, short track just under 7k yards.
    I'm on Horsey and Mannesarro both 28/1,(win only)i'v also done very small cross doubles with the above 3 just in case.
    i have to admit,i'm an awful man for getting ahead of myself with golf bets but i really think Horsey has a great chance to win,then all i need is Speith to give me a run for my money for a big payout.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

You're not alone. Had real hope at the start of yesterday with Leishman and Cink. Both were tied for 7th. Former after hole 4 and Cink hadn't started his third round last time I checked till now. Both pretty much out of it, unless something quite drastic happens.

Gone into a lot of weekends this year with great hope only to come away quite disappointed after the weekend, Kuchar last week being another example :p

Dropped a cheeky bet this morning on b de jonge at 20/1 and ishikawa at 50/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Anyone know why there is about 20 players in the RBC that have MDF, "made cut did not finish"?

Edit: Looks like they made another cut after Saturdays round. First time I've seen that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Anyone know why there is about 20 players in the RBC that have MDF, "made cut did not finish"?

Edit: Looks like they made another cut after Saturdays round. First time I've seen that happen.

If more than 78 make the cut they go 70 and ties again after round 3.

Well thats gmacs one win for the year

• Advertisement

Well thats gmacs one win for the year

find him very hard to like.........that accent.....as i shaaayyyy.
    He also refers to himself in the third person,an offence punishable by death if i had my way.

Advertisement