Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

Nice one ill check that out best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

I fancy Ricky fowler and Paul Casey this week did a €5 win each , €5 ew double . When fowlers on song he can be fantastic and another victory must come soon. Casey has been showing snippets of form over last few months and is worth a punt in a open event .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Zurich Classic

Billy Horschel - 30/1
    Ernie Els - 40/1
    Nick Watney - 25/1

Ballantines

Victor Dubuisson - 28/1 ( He could have won this event last year , had 3 cracking rounds but one very poor round on the Friday)
    Felipe Aguilar - 40/1 ( In good form & finished top 10 here last year )
    Bernd Wiesberger - 25/1 ( Defending champ walked this event by 5 shots last year )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

After backing horschel a couple of times this year at decent prices I feel he gone too short for this and although he is playing well I would question his ability to get over the winning line. While happy enough to take a chance on him at 60s I cant be having him at half that price.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

3 guys in the US this week for me:

Nick Watney @ 25/1
    Freddie Jacobsen @ 45/1
    Camillo Villegas @ 50/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Zurich Classic of New Orleans

I have gone for 7 picks this week, the last five are all smaller stakes.

Keegan Bradley @ 18/1 As I am sure everyone has noticed I really like this guy, he is an excellent player who is going to win a lot. After the Masters I said I couldn't pick him again but I couldn't help myself, he is in great form this season with 5 Top 10's already.

Rickie Fowler @ 20/1 Rickie seems to blow hot and cold but when he is hot he is very hot. He is maturing quickly and is a player to be reckoned with.

Ryan Palmer @ 66/1

Ben Kohles @ 175/1

Jonas Blixt @ 150/1

Justin Bolli @ 300/1

Henrik Norlander @ 250/1

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    3 guys in the US this week for me:

Nick Watney @ 25/1
    Freddie Jacobsen @ 45/1
    Camillo Villegas @ 50/1

Didn't realise Freddie has withdrawn. So going to stick money on Bradley @ 18/1 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Didn't realise Freddie has withdrawn. So going to stick money on Bradley @ 18/1 instead.

With expected good weather in the morning the chasers might catch up before another delay I'd say.
    Backed Gallagher @12/1,win only

shot tracker is way ahead of the tv coverage here, and boylesports seem to be slow updating. I got D.A. at 9/1 after he birdied the 4th (his 13th) but sky only showed it 5 mins later and he is now 6/1.

Just something to keep an eye on for anyone betting in play here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Crazy goings on at the Zurich.

About 300 players within 4 shots of the leader with about eleven holes to play.

• Advertisement

Suspended at the minute due to weather

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

fangee wrote: »
    Crazy goings on at the Zurich.

About 300 players within 4 shots of the leader with about eleven holes to play.

Looking good with Horschel for you so far

Hoping jimmy walker leap frogs him :)

Looking good with Horschel for you so far

Probably a sure thing seeing its my smallest golf stake of the year.

Would be a iPhone for her indoors though.

Horschel & Points tearing up the course , gonna be an interesting last few holes, hopefully Horschel hangs on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Had Colsaert's @90 and Ken Duke @125,Gave decent account's but were alway's chasing the pack.

Yeah Colsaerts has a lot of potential has had a bit of a wobble for a while but i reckon big things could happen for him in time

Another crappy Sunday finish, this time from Watney with that double bogey that put a halt to his decent round before that. Almost as laughable as it is tedious.

What a putt to finish , Horschel sinks a 20+ footer to clinch the win. Monies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Fair play to those who had Horschel. nothing like that feeling when you're golfer clicks after 4 days of play.

Attached is the best golf bet I ever had, what's yours?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

redzerdrog wrote: »
    shot tracker is way ahead of the tv coverage here, and boylesports seem to be slow updating. I got D.A. at 9/1 after he birdied the 4th (his 13th) but sky only showed it 5 mins later and he is now 6/1.

Just something to keep an eye on for anyone betting in play here

Sky coverage is shocking.... always show putts late then even have a cheek to say i think he will make this

I'm going to give Billy Horschel another chance to win. I don't like "following" players but there looks to be a win in him.

He has been very close already this season and has the game to compete here.

I think the 33/1 paying 6 places with Stan James is a cracking bet.

Delighted I stuck with him. Only a small bet (€25ew) but a winner all the same.

He was shorter (33/1) than expected but 33/1 is a massive price considering his recent quality. I think once a player comes on the radar then you have to accept he will be shorter than you expect.

I'd rather have a 33/1 winner then a 66/1 loser.

Congrats on all who backed him. Hope ye spend the winnings wisely. It's a new iphone for the better half.

WELLS FARGO

Early thoughts ?

D.A Points might be decent value with a few big names in the frame.

2nd last year so has good form on the course and did very well to push a near runaway winner yesterday.

Good current form and good course form. Anything over 25/1 will be good value EW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Fair play to those who had Horschel. nothing like that feeling when you're golfer clicks after 4 days of play.

Attached is the best golf bet I ever had, what's yours?

clicked a €5e/w double years ago.Stewart Cink @22/1 and Christy Kerr @16/1( i think) anyway it was close to €2k.
    Funny thing was they both won in playoffs,Kerr's went on for 6 holes and Cink's(@Harbourtown links) went on for 5 holes.
    Cink was 9 shots behind going into the final round which is still a pga record

First two firms to price it up are Skybet and Corals.

Both have Lucas Glover at 66/1.

If you fancy him I'd take that price because I don't think it will be available in two days.

Does anyone ever back event's outside the PGA or European Tour?Like the LPGA etc.?

bradlente wrote: »
    Does anyone ever back event's outside the PGA or European Tour?Like the LPGA etc.?

the odd time but only really to make up a yankee/lucky 15 for 4 events, asian tour, web.com or lpga depending on who is competing

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

WELLS FARGO

Early thoughts ?

D.A Points might be decent value with a few big names in the frame.

2nd last year so has good form on the course and did very well to push a near runaway winner yesterday.

Good current form and good course form. Anything over 25/1 will be good value EW.

Points blew it last year in the wells fargo. lost in a playoff. but he is in good form and likes this course so could be worth looking at again

redzerdrog wrote: »
    the odd time but only really to make up a yankee/lucky 15 for 4 events, asian tour, web.com or lpga depending on who is competing

Just wondering because there's so many different event's on this week.I was thinking of having a look at some other tour's but I know little enough about the main tour's as it is so might leave it for another time.

• Advertisement

Glover's price look's tempting alright,Considering his result last week and the fact he won it the year before last.Maybe he'll fall into bad form again but that price look's nice enough to take on him maintaining it on a course he's had success on.

Advertisement