Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

find him very hard to like.........that accent.....as i shaaayyyy.
    He also refers to himself in the third person,an offence punishable by death if i had my way.

Good observations.

Excellent comments.

Not ridiculous at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

He also refers to himself in the third person,an offence punishable by death if i had my way.

He is a tool, considering Feherty is in the states years now and he doesn't mix up his accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

He is a tool, considering Feherty is in the states years now and he doesn't mix up his accent

Two perfect examples of why a thumbs down feature on boards would be a useful addition.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Two perfect examples of why a thumbs down feature on boards would be a useful addition.

I agree.

It'll be most likely due to losing money and not backing the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Delighted for McDowell, much perfer him over Mcilroy. Shame i didnt back him though, this win came a bit out of the blue. Well done to him.

• Advertisement

fangee wrote: »
    I agree.

It'll be most likely due to losing money and not backing the winner.

Have to disagree with the two of you's, I just don't like McDowell. Simple as that have you a problem with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Have to disagree with the two of you's, I just don't like McDowell. Simple as that have you a problem with that?

You must have forgot just like me,he's Irish,we have to like him.

Good observations.

Excellent comments.

Not ridiculous at all.

Entitled to opinion???? No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Nothing to do with a patriotic duty - I just think it is sad to dislike someone and call them a "tool" merely because of their accent. Seems very idiotic.

I did and I also forgot to love all the golfers out there just like fangee

• Advertisement

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Nothing to do with a patriotic duty - I just think it is sad to dislike someone and call them a "tool" merely because of their accent. Seems very idiotic.

It does seem idiotic doesn't it.

Also a bit sad I think.

Right well thank god the two lads agree with each other.

Back to the golf Zurich Classic of New Orleans this week, looks like a good field of players. Tianlang Guan accepted an invitation from the sponsors and will play this week. Paddy Power have a price of 100/1 for him to win 8 or more majors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Simon Dyson seem's a bit long at 100 in the Ballantine's Championship,No?

bradlente wrote: »
    Simon Dyson seem's a bit long at 100 in the Ballantine's Championship,No?

playing dirt of late but as he has so much experience in that neck of the woods having played on the asian tour years ago you're probably right,a little high and maybe worth a bet and lay.

Entitled to opinion???? No?

Just seems like quite a childish opinion.

Right well thank god the two lads agree with each other.

Back to the golf Zurich Classic of New Orleans this week, looks like a good field of players. Tianlang Guan accepted an invitation from the sponsors and will play this week. Paddy Power have a price of 100/1 for him to win 8 or more majors.

Why is Dufner so short has he a good record here?He hasn't been great this year by any standard.
    Robert Garrigus hasn't been great lately but I think 60s is a decent price for him.Dufner only has slightly better form than him this year.

Why is Dufner so short has he a good record here?He hasn't been great this year by any standard.
    Robert Garrigus hasn't been great lately but I think 60s is a decent price for him.Dufner only has slightly better form than him this year.

what stats are you looking at?
    Garrigus is in better form (36th)than Dufner(76th) and has only played 1 more comp than Dufner.
    Dufner won this last year,you need to do some basic research at least to form your own opinion.
    I wonder did Dufner smile last year when he won,has to be the grumpiest fecker on tour.I don't care if that's his personality,give the crowd a smile ffs.

i really don't get you,you always want to have a pop.
    I think he comes across as a self obsessed goon,i know i'm not alone in that view,live with it.
    Fwiw
    i also dislike Dufner as he's a grumpy so and so.
    I dislike Sergio the twat.
    I really like Harrington,Michelson and Poulter.

what stats are you looking at?
    Garrigus is in better form (36th)than Dufner(76th) and has only played 1 more comp than Dufner.
    Dufner won this last year,you need to do some basic research at least to form your own opinion.
    I wonder did Dufner smile last year when he won,has to be the grumpiest fecker on tour.I don't care if that's his personality,give the crowd a smile ffs.

Well that's why I asked about his record,To form an opinion.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/players/Jason+Dufner/4269

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/gol/966/robert-garrigus

Garrigus has had one top ten finish this year,Dufner's had none but finished better than him in the Master's and Tampa bay,Which were both fairly recently.Fair enough Garrigus is in better form,And finshed better than him last week.But does that not justify my initial belief taken from my poor shoddy research that he's a good shot @60 compared to Dufner who's not playing well and is a measly 18/1?

Well that's why I asked about his record,To form an opinion.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/players/Jason+Dufner/4269

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/gol/966/robert-garrigus

Garrigus has had one top ten finish this year,Dufner's had none but finished better than him in the Master's and Tampa bay,Which were both fairly recently.Fair enough Garrigus is in better form,And finshed better than him last week.But does that not justify my initial belief taken from my poor shoddy research that he's a good shot @60 compared to Dufner who's not playing well and is a measly 18/1?

ok,go to pgatour.com,at top of page click on 'players',scroll down to Garrigus' name and you can check results etc.
    I just had a quick look,think Garrigus missed 3 cuts in a row here and gave it a miss the last few years so he has feck all course form.
    That said ,the way it is this week the winner will have to put really well as it's not a tough course so i wouldn't really put you off anyone tbh.

• Advertisement

But trolling on a golf tips thread isn't childish????

Let's get back to what this thread is about and move on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Right, this is now annoying. This thread is for golf tips, and the current approach of constant low-level sniping at each other won't be tolerated any more. Bans will be handed out.

There is no problem in discussing things, so long as it's done in a respectful manner, and without personal comments.

You all have been warned.

I'm going to give Billy Horschel another chance to win. I don't like "following" players but there looks to be a win in him.

He has been very close already this season and has the game to compete here.

I think the 33/1 paying 6 places with Stan James is a cracking bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I'm going to give Billy Horschel another chance to win. I don't like "following" players but there looks to be a win in him.

He has been very close already this season and has the game to compete here.

I think the 33/1 paying 6 places with Stan James is a cracking bet.

The guy is funny to watch , he beats himself up so much over missed/bad shots! He was in with a shout at the Heritage until he 3 putted twice in the last few holes, il prob have him as one of my picks this week.

Hoki wrote: »
    The guy is funny to watch , he beats himself up so much over missed/bad shots! He was in with a shout at the Heritage until he 3 putted twice in the last few holes, il prob have him as one of my picks this week.

Some players learn from such experiences and hold it together the next time. The more times he's in the hunt the more used to it he will get.

Having said that, if he gets in contention again and mucks about then I'll drop him like a hot snot.

I hope he won't be like Jeff Overton was a couple of years back. In contention quite often but never getiing the job done due to nerves and lack of bottle.

Some players learn from such experiences and hold it together the next time. The more times he's in the hunt the more used to it he will get.

Having said that, if he gets in contention again and mucks about then I'll drop him like a hot snot.

I hope he won't be like Jeff Overton was a couple of years back. In contention quite often but never getiing the job done due to nerves and lack of bottle.
    Well i had Overton near the top of my shortlist untill i saw his price of 50/1 which i thought wasa bit short.
    Anyway i'm defo backing him now,yes he is a bit of a bottler but i have to say i was so impressed with him when i went to the Ryder cup in Wales.
    I think he onlty plays well on certain courses and this happens to be one of them.
    I just think on this course you need to putt like a demon and that's where he'll fall down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

Backed ten golfers with small amounts just to liven itvup a bit

Horschel 28/1
    Jerry kelly 80/1
    Nick watney 25/1
    Thorbjorn Olsen 28/1
    Guan tianlang 500/1
    Villegas 50/1
    De laet 66/1
    Justin hicks 150/1
    Rory sabbatini 66/1
    Jimmy walker 50/1

My picks for this week

Zurich Classic

K Stadler @ 100/1
    G De Laet @ 66/1
    J Parnevik @ 500/1

Ballantine's Championship

J M Lara @ 200/1
    A Canizares @ 125/1
    K T Kim @ 80/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

I didn't go with european it is a tricky one to predict

• Advertisement

Should be interesting to see how Olesen finishes this week, he's playing well this year. I might have a punt on him for the US Open he's currently 66/1.

I was sent this link last week might be interesting

http://www.golfpuntersguide.com/

Anyway good luck to all this week

Advertisement