Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Undertaker is now on Cameo, albeit for a limited time only. If anyone's interested and has between $800 or $1000 just burning a hole in their pocket.

EnOCoOZXUAI4T9J?format=png&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 85,044 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ThePott wrote: »
    It genuinely didn't even click with me that Sasha and Bayler were the Golden Role Models.

Same :o

Am I the only person who hadn't a clue what twitch or cameo were?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Same :o

Am I the only person who hadn't a clue what twitch or cameo were?

You're not alone! I was only aware of them from stories posted on this forum over the last year. I thought I was too young for social media to start passing me by. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The once great JustinTV which was set up as a livecast the live of Justin Kan it then moved on to be a site where you could watch live tv/sport/series/movies on different channels from around the world but they had to shut it down due to many copyright violations in 2013 however they started to notice people streaming there games on it as well and when they shut down JustinTV they opened up Twitch for live streaming of games and ended up selling it to Amazon for for $1b a year later in 2014.

So that worked out well for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Ah I miss Justin TV. Was great for watching raw live or ppvs (yar har har :pac: )

• Advertisement

It's not to often they settle or lose in court.

WWE Settles Class Action Lawsuit for $39 Million
    WWE has made a settlement on a class action lawsuit that was filed by the City of Warren, Michigan Police and Fire Retirement System earlier this year. The lawsuit made allegations that WWE executives had deceived their investors over business dealings in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They alleged that company stock was inflated in the process, with $280 million worth of shares selling at what they believed to be fraudulently inflated prices.

Six law firms consolidated the suit since it was filed back in March. The suit alleged that WWE officials failed to disclose how their business agreements with Saudi Arabia for a Middle Eastern TV deal had not been consummated. The suit alleged that since investors were allowed to think otherwise, inflating the company's stock price.

WWE released the following statement on the settlement:....
    "The Company believes that resolving the matter is the right business decision and that it is prudent to end the protracted and uncertain class action process."

New WWE Chief Financial Officer Kristina Salen signed the filing. It reads:

On November 18, 2020, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (the "Company") entered into a term sheet (the "Term Sheet") to settle the previously disclosed action titled City of Warren Police and Fire Retirement System, individually and on behalf of all others similarly situated, v. World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., Vincent K. McMahon, George A. Barrios, and Michelle D. Wilson, No. 1:20-cv-02031-JSR, currently pending in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (the "Court"). Plaintiffs in the lawsuit alleged securities law violations by the Company, its current Chief Executive Officer and its former Co-Presidents, related to certain disclosures concerning the Company's business relationship in and with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Term Sheet was reached in connection with a voluntary mediation which involved the Plaintiffs and their counsel, the Company and its counsel, and the Company's insurance carriers. Aside from the Term Sheet, there will be other standard and customary terms of class action settlements in the stipulation of settlement. The settlement is subject to notice to the class and preliminary and final approval by the Court.

The settlement will include a full release of all Defendants in connection with the allegations made in the lawsuit, and will not contain any admission of liability or admission as to the validity or truth of any or all allegations or claims by any of the Defendants.

The Term Sheet provides for a settlement payment, subject to Court approval, of $39 million (inclusive of all Plaintiffs' attorneys fees and expenses and settlement costs), all of which the Company expects will be paid by the Company's insurance carriers.

The Company believes that resolving the matter is the right business decision and that it is prudent to end the protracted and uncertain class action process.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements

This Report on Form 8-K contains forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements may be identified by words such as "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "plans," "believes," "seeks," "estimates," "will," or words of similar meaning. Forward-looking statements made by the Company speak only as of the date made, are subject to change without any obligation on the part of the Company to update or revise them, and undue reliance should not be placed on these statements. For more information about risks and uncertainties associated with the Company's business, please refer to the "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" and "Risk Factors" sections of the Company's Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2020, and the Company's other SEC filings, including, but not limited to, its annual report on Form 10-K.

https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/wwe-settlement-class-action-saudi-arabia/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Can’t wait to him and road dogg meet again

https://twitter.com/pwinsidercom/status/1331646617632575488?s=21

Orange Cassidy has the top two selling tees on pro wresting tees in 2020. Thumbs up & Picture.

Number 3 is the Owen Hart Dark Side of the Ring Tee.

4 & 5 are Inner Circle Stadium Stampede Winners & GnR's Parody.

Jericho is there biggest seller of Tees across all his merch

The best seller of all time that they have is of course The Bullet Club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

Orange Cassidy has the top two selling tees on pro wresting tees in 2020. Thumbs up & Picture.

Number 3 is the Owen Hart Dark Side of the Ring Tee.

4 & 5 are Inner Circle Stadium Stampede Winners & GnR's Parody.

Jericho is there biggest seller of Tees across all his merch

The best seller of all time that they have is of course The Bullet Club.

Would I be right in assuming that there are no stats from the WWE official merch shop to compare against? Just to keep the AEW vs wwe going!

• Advertisement

Sasha Banks changed to her real name on Twitter Mercedes Varnado.

I wonder has her small no talking role in The Mandalorian got a few agents knocking on her door since she used her real name on that show as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I wonder has her small no talking role in The Mandalorian got a few agents knocking on her door since she used her real name on that show as well.

Probably not as loads of them do it yet kept the actual handle to their wwe one. She did speak didn’t she ?

You are bidding on this WWE 24/7 Championship Replica Title signed by the Gobbledy Gooker. It was signed on 11/22/2020 in Orlando, FL.

It's at $315 at the moment.

https://auction.wwe.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=3423704

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

You are bidding on this WWE 24/7 Championship Replica Title signed by the Gobbledy Gooker. It was signed on 11/22/2020 in Orlando, FL.

315 dollars too much..... unless its for charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seems unnecessarily petty.

She had a few lines and seeing who she's aligned with in the show, chances are she'll pop up again in the future.

J. Marston wrote: »

She had a few lines and seeing who she's aligned with in the show, chances are she'll pop up again in the future.

Everyones gotta start somewhere. Good for her.

Some of the prices on there...

Eesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just trying to finish the second undertaker broken skull sessions and he talks about the pyro mishap at elimination chamber 2010 which we know cost the pyro guy his job. What I think we didn’t know is that according to taker he’d raised concerns about the fire two weeks prior saying they were too close to the ramp and then the moment happened. I can kind of see takers point of view. If you raise an issue and then the issue happens then it’s on the person in charge.

Former Roh and TNA wrestler Jimmy Rave has had his arm amputated after an infection. Sad.

Former Roh and TNA wrestler Jimmy Rave has had his arm amputated after an infection. Sad.

Only 37 :eek::(

• Advertisement

I was listening to a cultaholic pod cast on YouTube last week and they said that one of the producers of the mandalorian cast her in the show after seeing her on that hot wings YouTube interview thing. The producer hadn't even seen her wrestle once. It was all from that appearance. Funny.

I was listening to a cultaholic pod cast on YouTube last week and they said that one of the producers of the mandalorian cast her in the show after seeing her on that hot wings YouTube interview thing. The producer hadn't even seen her wrestle once. It was all from that appearance. Funny.

I read catholic podcast :o

Is she more known through Snoop Dogg also?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Sure wasn't The Rock's first job in acting, an episode of Star Trek Voyager?

Seems likes she's following the same path.

DrumSteve wrote: »

I remember him and Kenny Shamrock on That 70s Show. He was playing his father IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yep, her first acting gig is on arguably the most popular show around right now attached to one of the biggest franchises there is. Can't ask for a better start.

If I was her I'd keep pushing for Hollywood. More money, less bumps.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I remember him and Kenny Shamrock on That 70s Show. He was playing his father IIRC.

An now The Rock is the biggest movie star for a 2nd year in a row

Meltzer is reporting that Sting wanted to do a cinematic match with Taker before he finished up with the WWE however Vince had no interest in it and Taker vs Sting never appealed to him.

Court Bauer say he has been in talks with other promotions as well.

Saying a world war of sorts is brewing among different promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Orton V Fiend announced for TLC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

Meltzer is reporting that Sting wanted to do a cinematic match with Taker before he finished up with the WWE however Vince had no interest in it and Taker vs Sting never appealed to him.

To be fair, does anyone want to see that match 20 years past its best? Even people talking about the buildup... Taker was never a 100%mic man, I don't think I've ever found myself on YouTube looking at 10 best taker promos... (other than that one with big show and him on bikes in the desert)

Advertisement