Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    God eh? Eh well let's see where her God is when and if she contracts Covid-19.

Let's see her God guide her through that particular ordeal.

I’m not disagreeing with you I’m saying that’s what she believes. If nothing else COVID-19 has shown itself to not give a continental **** what religion, gender, or political party you support or don’t. It’s an equal opportunity virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

J. Marston wrote: »
    Nia is one of those...

60tin54rfnz51.jpg

Not even going to touch that.. but yeah..

She is USELESS.. it’s amazing she’s been employed by wwe.. Terrible in ring, terrible promo, dangerous to work with and well.. look at the ****e she posts

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Nia Jax, a danger inside the ring, and a danger outside the ring too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,342 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 85,267 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

God eh? Eh well let's see where her God is when and if she contracts Covid-19.

Let's see her God guide her through that particular ordeal.

Did she not already have it or just a close contact, isolating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

MLW starts back up tomorrow night, headlined by a world title defense from Jacob Fatu against Davey Boy Smith Jr., which was meant to be the main event of the cancelled Summer PPV.

Also got Myron Reed against Pillman Jr. for the Middleweight championship, should be a good show!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Since it's news atm, here's a remarkably comprehensive article from David Bixenspan on Drake Wuertz Parler account. Probably worse than thought.

https://babyfacevheel.substack.com/p/wwe-appears-to-have-a-drake-wuertz

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Since it's news atm, here's a remarkably comprehensive article from David Bixenspan on Drake Wuertz Parler account. Probably worse than thought.

Thats some rabbit hole that Bix has created there.

Its a very informative read. Like I know of the Proud Boys and Q Anon from watching the Us election, but this was a good, simple explanation and its far from a good look for a WWE employee. Even good aul Tommy Robinson gets a mention.

But yeah if Drake is in a position of power, which he appears to be, then its only a matter of time before he goes at this stage. Theres one thing being a Trump voter or a Republican, (it doesn't automatically make you a racist), but this Proudboy Q Anon ****e is beyond defendable.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's in very terrible taste, but nothing will be done about it. Considering where the McMahon's lean politically.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Re: Nia Jax thing.
    A good few of you atheists revealing yourselves there :pac:

But I don't see the big reaction about her post. Yes, I too feel it's silly that she immediately dismisses things because "her God given immune system is 99% effective" - like Nia that's threading into waters such as we shouldnt wear masks? No social distancing? Take no vaccine? Etc etc. It's silly.

But a lot of people believe that crap tho. Sure a lot of people believe Corona doesn't exist. Others think it's 5g. The world is mad. That's my takeaway in 2020.
    She shouldn't be posting such personal opinions tho. I don't get that about famous people or people in the public eye. Don't post stuff that will divide people and this world is really divided as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

But I don't see the big reaction about her post. Yes, I too feel it's silly that she immediately dismisses things because "her God given immune system is 99% effective" - like Nia that's threading into waters such as we shouldnt wear masks? No social distancing? Take no vaccine? Etc etc. It's silly.

But a lot of people believe that crap tho. Sure a lot of people believe Corona doesn't exist. Others think it's 5g. The world is mad. That's my takeaway in 2020.
    She shouldn't be posting such personal opinions tho. I don't get that about famous people or people in the public eye. Don't post stuff that will divide people and this world is really divided as it is.

There's just an arrogance to her that I don't like and this is another example. I don't care about religious beliefs really as long as they're not using them to be willfully ignorant.

I haven't liked her since a clip I saw of her on TD a few years back where she's talking to Bliss about her engagement to Murphy right in front of him.

It's in very terrible taste, but nothing will be done about it. Considering where the McMahon's lean politically.

Not necessarily. Yes Vince, Linda and fam are Republican and Trump supporters but the company as an entity isnt as openly republican as it once was nor is it openly political at the moment. Yes they are cosy with republican governors and the out going president and Linda is a Republican politician

Its just smart business to try keep both sides onside.

Look at Jaxson Rykers tone deaf comments in the middle of the BLM situation. He hasnt been seen since.

Same could happen to Drake as its not a good look that could affect their bottom line.

If it was a decent star, yeah things might be different. Forgotten Sons arent worth the risk of putting back on TV anytime soon and Drake is expendable.

Sure Jerichos worse. Jax is an easy target for hate, let her believe what she wants. She allowed have her own believes even if they are far from scientific.

Shes a fool at best for the I trust my own immunity crap, which she cant be sure of as a fact.

Is she a known Trump fan? Curious, as Dwayne is a not a fan.

There's just an arrogance to her that I don't like and this is another example. I don't care about religious beliefs really as long as they're not using them to be willfully ignorant.

I haven't liked her since a clip I saw of her on TD a few years back where she's talking to Bliss about her engagement to Murphy right in front of him.

I agree, she comes off very arrogant. She had the air of undeserved achievement or accomplishment about her. She always seems to be talking down to people or being condescending.

Shes got great confidence, esp when it comes to loving who she is and her body positivity, and i genuinely believe shes not the worst person. But she carries herself very arrogantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,267 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jon Moxley and Renee are having a baby

Bliss said she will be having babies when her contract expires in 3 years she doesn't want to wait till she is in her 40's before starting a family.

Bliss said she will be having babies when her contract expires in 3 years she doesn't want to wait till she is in her 40's before starting a family.

So that’s Becky, now Renee, and in three years at minimum Alexa. Surely the other three horsewomen won’t be that far behind assuming they all want kids.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So that’s Becky, now Renee, and in three years at minimum Alexa. Surely the other three horsewomen won’t be that far behind assuming they all want kids.

That's what I was thinking that generation of female wrestlers would be getting to the age where they would maybe like to start a family.

Both Bella's as well just had kids.

PWI doing a first ever Top 50 Tag Teams

The Top 10 is.

1. FTR

2. Kenny Omega and Adam Page

3. Golden Role Models

4. The North

5. The Street Profits

6. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa)

7. Lucha Bros

8. The New Day )

9. Kabuki Warriors

10. Roppongi 3k

PWI doing a first ever Top 50 Tag Teams

The Top 10 is.

1. FTR

2. Kenny Omega and Adam Page

3. Golden Role Models

4. The North

5. The Street Profits

6. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa)

7. Lucha Bros

8. The New Day )

9. Kabuki Warriors

10. Roppongi 3k

Not going to get worked by the worked list but surely Dangerous Tekkers belong on it over GOD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Golden Role Models was a shít tag team name.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Golden Role Models was a shít tag team name.

Was it ever their name? Like I watch the product more than I should and I never new this moniker.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Was it ever their name? Like I watch the product more than I should and I never new this moniker.

It was mentioned on commentary as their name I think. Nice to see FTR at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

It genuinely didn't even click with me that Sasha and Bayler were the Golden Role Models.

They were the Golden Role Models for about a week while they held all the women's titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

I remember alright had just forgotten, my brain autocorrected it to the Golden Lovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That list is certainly something. No love for the Bucks or Best Friends in the top 10? Although the most glaring omission for me is no Dragon Gate teams, R.E.D and Jason Lee/Kota Minoura should be included somewhere.

And as said G.O.D ahead of Dangerous Tekkers is just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

The pwi lists should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Not sure how true this is but I heard many many years ago that you have to pay to get your name listed in the PWI 500. Obviously we're not talking about the top 100-200 (well known wrestlers) but if you were an unknown wrestler you'd have to pay to get listed.

No idea if it's true but I do wonder because you'd have guys who you'd never heard of being like number 423 etc.

Who knows.

Its not a shoot list. Marks getting worked yall

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its not a shoot list. Marks getting worked yall

In the confines of kayfabe Dangerous Tekkers have been IWGP Tag champs most of the year. Also sucks that there's no Dragon Gate representative in the top 10 given that it's probably been promotion of the year.

Advertisement